- Men's ski jump cancelled due to bad weather Updated: Feb-07-16 10:50 am
OSLO, Norway - The men's individual ski jump World Cup competition was cancelled on Sunday due to bad weather conditions.
- Johaug blitzes opposition to win World Cup cross-country Updated: Feb-07-16 8:58 am
OSLO, Norway - Norway's Therese Johaug blitzed the opposition to win the 30-kilometer cross-country World Cup meet on Sunday.
- Cross-Country World Cup Results Updated: Feb-06-16 1:14 pm
1. Martin Johnsrud Sundby, Norway, 2 hours, 8 minutes, 41.9 seconds.
- Teenager Riiber secures 1st Nordic combined win Updated: Feb-06-16 11:35 am
OSLO, Norway - Norwegian teenager Jarl Magnus Riiber won his first Nordic combined World Cup on Saturday in front of his home crowd.
- Sundby dominates cross-country World Cup meet in Oslo Updated: Feb-06-16 10:07 am
OSLO - Martin Johnsrud Sundby of Norway extended his lead at the top of the cross-country World Cup standings with an impressive win in the 50-kilometer classical-style race on Saturday.
- Sean Doherty carves out name for himself in biathlon Updated: Feb-05-16 10:03 pm
One of the most decorated young athletes in biathlon history isn't from Russia or Norway or even Germany.
- Town's 100th annual winter carnival opens, minus some snow Updated: Feb-05-16 8:47 pm
NEWPORT, New Hampshire - Residents of the small New Hampshire town of Newport are launching their 100th annual winter carnival with a tribute to its roots and a grudging acceptance that climate change can wreak havoc with the schedule of events.
- 1930s-era newsreel highlights challenges of Michigan winter Updated: Feb-04-16 4:11 am
MARQUETTE, Michigan - After spending decades in a basement in the eastern Upper Peninsula, a 1930s-era newsreel from the Michigan State Highway Department has resurfaced to remind us of the challenges - and the fun - of winters past.
- Heart-pumping hideaway Updated: Feb-03-16 2:06 am
JACKSON, Wyoming - Tucked away deep in the woods east of Moran is one of Jackson Hole's niche resorts.
- Fernandez, Medvedeva win short programs at European champs Updated: Jan-27-16 6:45 pm
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - Javier Fernandez of Spain took a huge step toward a fourth straight European title by winning the men's short program on Wednesday, the opening day of the European figure skating championships.
- Werner Herzog on ski jumping and filming in North Korea Updated: Jan-25-16 11:16 pm
PARK CITY, Utah - The first time Werner Herzog came to Sundance a little over a decade ago with "Grizzly Man," he asked that the Festival prepare the Olympic-sized ski jump ramps for him.
- Steamboat Springs trying to keep iconic ski hill open Updated: Jan-24-16 5:09 pm
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colorado - Officials in Steamboat Springs are struggling to find money to make sure the historic Howelsen Hill ski area remains open, along with its iconic ski jumping complex and training ground for winter athletes.
- Sara Takanashi wins 5th straight ski jump World Cup Updated: Jan-23-16 7:23 am
ZAO, Japan - Sara Takanashi of Japan won her fifth straight women's World Cup ski jump on Saturday.
- Bandelier officials warn of hazards from fire-killed trees Updated: Jan-22-16 4:17 pm
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - Bandelier National Monument officials are warning cross-country skiers and others going into forested areas of the Los Alamos-area monument to be aware of hazards from falling trees.
- Norway wins ski flying team world title ahead of Germany Updated: Jan-17-16 10:35 am
BAD MITTERNDORF, Austria - Norway's four jumpers put together balanced performances in tricky wind conditions to win the team gold medal at the ski flying world championship on Sunday.
- Japanese teen Takanashi wins women's ski jump world cup Updated: Jan-17-16 3:58 am
SAPPORO, Japan - Japanese teenager Sara Takanashi won her fourth women's ski jumping World Cup event of the season on Sunday.
- Austrian ski jumper partially paralyzed after crash Updated: Jan-15-16 8:11 am
GRAZ, Austria - Doctors say Austrian ski jumper Lukas Mueller has been left partially paralyzed after crashing in practice for the sky flying world championship.
- Johaug comes from behind on final day to win Tour de Ski Updated: Jan-10-16 1:35 pm
CAVALESE, Italy - Therese Johaug erased a deficit of nearly 40 seconds entering the final stage to win her second Tour de Ski title Sunday.