- Report: Kansas population increases by .3 percent to 2.9M Updated: Oct-08-15 5:01 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - New health statistics show that the Kansas' population has nudged up slightly to 2.9 million.
- Researcher: Children's cancer linked to Fukushima radiation Updated: Oct-08-15 4:26 am
TOKYO - A new study says children living near the Fukushima nuclear meltdowns have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer at a rate 20 to 50 times that of children elsewhere, a difference the authors contend undermines the government's position that more cases have been discovered in the area only because of stringent monitoring.
- Abe reshuffles Cabinet, adding minister to focus on economy Updated: Oct-07-15 10:30 am
TOKYO - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe reshuffled his Cabinet on Wednesday to focus on reviving the world's No. 3 economy, adding a new minister to coordinate recently announced economic projects.
- Luxury birthing clinics spur cesarean 'epidemic' in Brazil Updated: Oct-07-15 12:06 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Thais Faria sank into a leather love seat, relaxing under the ministrations first of a masseuse, then a manicurist and finally a hairdresser-cum-makeup artist. Not 24 hours after her daughter was born via cesarean, Faria was being pampered at an upscale Rio de Janeiro maternity clinic.
- Health officials say increased obesity rate a 1-year blip Updated: Sep-22-15 7:24 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota health officials say the small increase in the state's obesity rate is disappointing, given the investments in walking paths, farmers markets and other strategies to promote healthy living.
- Report: Vermont 6th best in nation in adult obesity rate Updated: Sep-21-15 2:39 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention rank Vermont sixth best in the nation overall in its adult obesity rate.
- Study: West Virginia has 2nd highest obesity rate Updated: Sep-21-15 2:06 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia has the second-highest rate of obesity among adults in the nation, according to a report released Monday.
- State obesity rates hold steady; 30 pct or more in 22 states Updated: Sep-21-15 12:31 pm
NEW YORK - New government data shows that in most states, the rate of adult obesity is not moving.
- CDC: State's vaccination rates for kids some of best in US Updated: Sep-15-15 9:54 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota's childhood immunization rates are among the highest in the nation, according to federal health officials.