- Michigan bill requires equal health coverage of cancer drugs Updated: May-21-16 10:15 am
LANSING, Michigan - Cancer patients and survivors are lobbying lawmakers to make Michigan the latest in a long line of states to require equal insurance coverage of chemotherapy regardless of whether the drugs are given by needle or taken orally.
- Pregnant mom with rare, aggressive cancer: 'I don't give up' Updated: May-21-16 3:02 am
LYNNWOOD, Washington - Apryl and Peter Roberts' second daughter is sure to be a spirited little fighter. By the time she is born near the end of May, her mother will have climbed Seattle's Columbia Center, weathered life-shattering news, and endured several rounds of chemotherapy - all while pregnant.
- Australian judge refuses to order radiotherapy for ill child Updated: May-20-16 3:33 am
SYDNEY - An Australian judge on Friday ruled in favor of a couple who refused to allow their 6-year-old son to undergo radiotherapy for a malignant brain tumor.
- FDA OKs immunotherapy drugs for bladder, blood cancers Updated: May-18-16 6:17 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - U.S. regulators have approved the first drug for bladder cancer that harnesses the body's immune system, the first major advance in three decades against the most common type of bladder cancer.
- Senate votes to require insurance parity for chemo pills Updated: May-10-16 4:31 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Health insurers would be required to provide cancer patients the same coverage for certain oral drugs as for intravenous medications under a bill moving forward in the Michigan Legislature.
- Oncologist, wife settle chemotherapy drug case Updated: May-10-16 11:02 am
SACRAMENTO, California - An oncologist who federal officials say gave his patients a counterfeit chemotherapy drug has paid a $300,000 settlement to the United States.
- Distance runner ready to win again - this time versus cancer Updated: May-06-16 5:24 pm
RENO, Nevada - Twelve hours after Wolf Pack distance runner Erika Root posted a personal best in the 3,000 meters at the Mountain West indoor track and field championships, she was on a hospital bed in Las Vegas.