- A classic love tail: Man rescues dog. Dog rescues man. Updated: May-03-16 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - It's a classic love tail: Broken man meets broken dog and together they make life good again.
- Maine's GOP governor, veto record-holder, names new dog Veto Updated: May-03-16 5:29 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage, the state's all-time veto champion, has named his new dog Veto.
- Police: robbers eat, shoot dog and put victim in dog cage Updated: May-03-16 4:19 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Police have arrested a man suspected of forcing his way into a north Florida apartment, shooting a dog and putting a victim in the dog's cage.
- Vermont family to keep wood duck after state issues permit Updated: May-02-16 5:31 pm
MIDDLESEX, Vermont - State game officials have backed down and allowed a woman to keep a 3-year-old wood duck that was brought home by one of her dogs when it was a chick.
- Program at Connecticut prison benefits inmates and puppies Updated: May-02-16 9:34 am
DANBURY, Connecticut - Six inmates stood outside the Federal Correctional Institution last week, anxiously awaiting the prison's newest residents.
- Pet dog alerts sleeping family to house fire in Bridgton Updated: May-02-16 5:45 am
BRIDGTON, Maine - Fire officials are praising a pet dog for his heroics in alerting a sleeping family to a large scale fire that had broken out at their southern Maine home.
- Dog recovering after being shot, left for dead in Hollywood Updated: May-02-16 4:01 am
HOLLYWOOD, Florida - A 9-month-old dog is recovering after being shot and left for dead on the side of the road in Hollywood, Florida.
- 5-year-old boy fatally mauled in Greece by Rottweiler dogs Updated: May-01-16 4:44 pm
THESSALONIKI, Greece - Greek police say a 5-year-old boy has died after being mauled by two Rottweiler dogs.
- Tucson track searching for homes for hundreds of greyhounds Updated: May-01-16 2:32 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The imminent passage of a bill ending dog racing in Arizona has the state's lone remaining greyhound racing facility trying to find homes for hundreds of animals.
- UConn again bringing in therapy dogs for finals week Updated: May-01-16 10:56 am
STORRS, Connecticut - The University of Connecticut is providing its students with therapy dogs to help relieve the stress of final exams.
- Bloodhound is newest member of Spokane police department Updated: May-01-16 10:30 am
SPOKANE, Washington - A 14-month-old bloodhound named Daisy is the newest member of the Spokane police department's K9 unit. She was brought into the department to track missing children and vulnerable adults with her handler, Sg. Jason Reynolds, who supervises the unit.
- Uber, blind riders reach settlement over service animals Updated: Apr-30-16 9:03 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Uber and advocates for the blind have reached a lawsuit settlement in which the ride-hailing company agrees to require that existing and new drivers confirm they understand their legal obligations to transport riders with guide dogs or other service animals, an advocacy group announced Saturday.
- Man to serve 3 years in prison for burning puppy alive Updated: Apr-30-16 3:50 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A judge has sentenced a Northern California man to three years and eight months in state prison for burning his weeks-old Chihuahua dog alive.
- Wee-lief! Dogs get airport bathrooms of their own Updated: Apr-30-16 9:22 am
NEW YORK - Little Simba couldn't wait to check it out.
- Iditarod bans musher in domestic violence case from '17 race Updated: Apr-29-16 7:12 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A musher who has been charged in a domestic violence case has been banned from next year's Iditarod, race officials announced Friday in Alaska.
- All but 1 of animals rescued from SUV in Spearfish adopted Updated: Apr-29-16 3:44 pm
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A year after police found 36 dogs and six cats in the back of an SUV in Spearfish, all but one animal has been adopted.
- Unexpected friendship forms in Kansas City hospice Updated: Apr-29-16 2:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Jen Moss took to Jody Wooton from the first moments they met.
- Dog missing 10 years found in Alabama, returning to owner Updated: Apr-29-16 10:14 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Tracy Dove assumed the worst after her 1-year-old dog named Charlie disappeared in 2006. Days without the animal turned into years, and Dove figured the brown-and-white pointer was dead.
- Officials vote Boyle County-wide 'dog' ordinance into law Updated: Apr-29-16 9:58 am
DANVILLE, Kentucky - A Boyle County-wide "dog" ordinance has been voted into law following months of discussion and several revisions.
- Police: Woman facing charges for abandoning animals Updated: Apr-29-16 6:43 am
SOUTH HUNTINGTON, New York - Authorities say a Long Island woman is facing animal cruelty charges after she abandoned animals in her home, including a dog that was found dead.
- Authorities: Deputies shoot, kill dog that attacked K-9 Updated: Apr-29-16 4:17 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Authorities say sheriff's deputies shot and killed a dog that attacked a police K-9 during a community event in Columbus.
- Animals rescued in Spearfish doing well a year later Updated: Apr-28-16 11:47 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The story could have ended very differently if someone hadn't called for a welfare check in the Wal-Mart parking lot on April 25, 2015.
- Pet store owner, brother face 134 animal cruelty charges Updated: Apr-28-16 3:58 am
PARAMUS, New Jersey - The owner of a northern New Jersey pet store and his brother are facing 134 counts of animal cruelty after more than 60 puppies were found inside a van behind the shop earlier this month.
- Dog that killed 3-day-old baby in San Diego is euthanized Updated: Apr-27-16 9:23 pm
SAN DIEGO - A family dog that killed a 3-day-old San Diego boy has been put down at the owners' request.
- Dog rescued after he was shot, tied up and mouth taped shut Updated: Apr-27-16 7:09 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A Labrador mix dog that had been shot and tied to an Illinois bridge with his mouth taped closed so he wouldn't bark was starting to show signs of recovery from a long list of injuries, a veterinarian said Wednesday.