- Covington officer fires at pit bull after dog charges Updated: Oct-09-15 7:03 am
COVINGTON, Kentucky - A Covington police officer fired two shots at a pit bull that was charging him while the officer was investigating a reported armed robbery.
- Papillion man gets 30 days in prison in shooting of 2 dogs Updated: Oct-09-15 6:06 am
PAPILLION, Nebraska - A Papillion man found guilty of shooting his family's two dogs with a BB gun, killing one, has been sentenced to 30 days in jail.
- Dog valued at $10K reported stolen from Virginia home Updated: Oct-09-15 4:36 am
BEAVERDAM, Virginia - A Hanover County woman says her rare dog worth $10,000 may have been stolen from her backyard while she was hosting a group of dog breeders.
- Vancouver police get thousands for new K-9 dog Updated: Oct-08-15 3:06 pm
VANCOUVER, Washington - People have donated more than $40,000 to the Vancouver police's K-9 fund after its police dog was fatally stabbed during a confrontation.
- Police: Officer accidentally wounds man while shooting dog Updated: Oct-08-15 1:21 pm
PHOENIX - Phoenix police say an officer accidentally wounded a man while shooting a dog after it attacked the man and the officer.
- Judge rules Mason City man can keep dog at center of dispute Updated: Oct-08-15 11:47 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A judge has ruled that a man can keep a dog at the center of a dispute with a north Iowa animal shelter.
- Alabama school system uses gun-sniffing dogs to find threats Updated: Oct-08-15 10:45 am
ALEXANDRIA, Alabama - He's the busiest school resource officer at Alexandria High School, and he's very popular.
- EXCHANGE: Sudzy Bath and Biscuits in Anna caters to canines Updated: Oct-08-15 6:34 am
ANNA, Illinois - Going out of town or have to be away from your home but have no arrangement for your canine? Kimberly Adams, owner of Sudzy Bath & Biscuits in Anna has a solution.
- Salt Lake County OKs pet sale ban aimed at puppy mills Updated: Oct-07-15 4:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Salt Lake County has banned the sale of commercially bred dogs, cats and rabbits in pet stores, joining a growing number of cities around the country in a step designed to reduce the number of pets born in inhumane conditions.
- Dogs, like people, need surgery to repair cleft palates Updated: Oct-07-15 1:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Dogs, like people, can be born with cleft palates. Some die from pneumonia or malnourishment. Some with the defect, which is basically a hole in the mouth, are euthanized.
- Police: Owner could face charges in Rottweilers' attack Updated: Oct-07-15 10:16 am
PETROLIA, Pennsylvania - State police say a western Pennsylvania woman could be charged because her two Rottweilers attacked a 70-year-old neighbor.
- Romania: lawyer to dictator's son and a killer dog dies, 83 Updated: Oct-07-15 9:25 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Paula Iacob, a Romanian lawyer whose cases ranged from unsuccessfully defending a dictator's son to saving a killer street dog from being put down, has died. She was 83.
- Cops: Dog kicked to death for relieving itself on man's lawn Updated: Oct-07-15 3:43 am
KEENE, New Hampshire - A city council candidate in southwestern New Hampshire is facing animal cruelty charges after police say he kicked his neighbor's 17-year-old dog to death after it tried to relieve itself on his lawn.
- Mexico City investigates reports of dog poisoning at park Updated: Oct-06-15 6:31 pm
MEXICO CITY - A popular dog run in a picturesque Mexico City park remained closed Tuesday following reported cases of dog poisoning.
- For some, Minnesota pheasant season prep starts at preserve Updated: Oct-06-15 5:34 pm
AVON, Minnesota - The 8-month-old English pointer followed the pheasant scent, sometimes ranging in circles, sometimes diving into cover so thick only the tip of its white tail showed through the prairie plants.
- Dog rescued after fall into crack at Volcanoes National Park Updated: Oct-06-15 4:33 pm
HONOLULU - A Big Island family was reunited with their dog after a rescue team removed the Labrador retriever trapped in a crack in the earth at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Wildlife officers set trap after bear kills dog, attacks man Updated: Oct-06-15 8:54 am
ORANGE CITY, Florida - Wildlife officials are trying to trap a bear that attacked a man and killed his dog.
- Teen accused of poisoning dog he feared would kill his birds Updated: Oct-06-15 7:44 am
OCALA, Florida - A north Florida teen told authorities he poisoned his neighbor's Jack Russell terrier because he feared it would get into his backyard and attack his guinea fowl.
- Man recovering after attack by his own dog Updated: Oct-06-15 7:06 am
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - A Rochester man is recovering from surgery after he was attacked by his own dog.
- Changes to justices' opinions will be highlighted Updated: Oct-06-15 3:44 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court is taking a step to address criticism that its inner workings are opaque.
- 2 pit bulls shot by Corona police after escape, rampage Updated: Oct-05-15 4:09 pm
CORONA, California - Police in Southern California say they shot and killed two pit bulls after they escaped their yard and terrorized neighbors for more than 24 hours.
- Woman charged, posted pictures of dog's duct-taped mouth Updated: Oct-05-15 12:14 pm
SALISBURY, North Carolina - A Salisbury woman has been charged after authorities say she posted pictures on Facebook showing her dog's mouth sealed with duct tape.
- Animal welfare groups seek assistance for breeder inspection Updated: Oct-03-15 1:07 pm
DOWS, Iowa - Two Iowa animal welfare groups are asking the state and local law enforcement for help in inspecting a Dow dog breeder's operation.
- California dogs displaced by wildfires fly to Boise Updated: Oct-02-15 11:41 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Humane Society says it has welcomed a number of dogs from California shelters displaced by wildfires.
- 2 Indiana women mauled by pack of dogs, 1 critically injured Updated: Oct-02-15 5:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Two young women mauled by a pack of dogs as they were taking an evening walk may not have survived if a motorist who noticed their ordeal had not driven into a remote field to rescue them, a northern Indiana sheriff said Friday.