- FEMA aims to reform flood insurance program Updated: May-24-16 6:55 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - The Federal Emergency Management Agency is seeking changes to the national flood insurance program aimed at increasing transparency and oversight.
- After Sandy victims complain, FEMA tweaks flood program Updated: May-23-16 5:27 pm
NEW YORK - After learning some hard lessons from Superstorm Sandy, the Federal Emergency Management Agency says it is reforming the way it handles appeals from disgruntled policyholders in the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Correction: Exchange-Sea Nettles-New Jersey story Updated: May-22-16 6:57 pm
BRICK TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - In a Member Exchange story May 21 about sea nettles, The Press of Atlantic City reported erroneously that a search and rescue group created a triangular-shaped brush head to remove polyps. The group uses the brush head but did not create it.
- Homeowner to rebuild after collapse during Sandy repairs Updated: May-19-16 10:05 am
BABYLON, New York - A Long Island homeowner says he plans to rebuild following the collapse of a house that was still undergoing repairs from the 2012 Superstorm Sandy.
- Buyers line up for 400 homes wrecked by Superstorm Sandy Updated: May-13-16 1:01 pm
BABYLON, New York - Matt Price and his wife, Carla, are gambling that the devastation inflicted by Superstorm Sandy will be their key to the American dream of home ownership.
- Bon Jovi opens hunger center in shore town hit hard by Sandy Updated: May-10-16 7:10 pm
TOMS RIVER, New Jersey - Jon Bon Jovi knows he can't help society by curing cancer or splitting atoms. But he can use his celebrity to command the attention of millions of people, including some of the wealthiest and most powerful.
- Painful options for some Brooklyn subway riders amid repairs Updated: May-05-16 8:27 pm
NEW YORK - Riders who use a subway line that goes through the lone tunnel connecting some of Brooklyn's hippest neighborhoods to the city's commercial heart are facing a "Would you rather" question they would rather not be asked.