- Amazon net income doubles, but its results still fall short Updated: Jan-28-16 5:57 pm
SEATTLE - Amazon saw its results for the holiday quarter as a present wrapped in a bow. But analysts and investors saw something more like a lump of coal.
- National conservative groups oppose Utah's online tax bill Updated: Jan-28-16 4:33 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A coalition of national conservative groups is opposing Utah lawmakers' efforts to collect sales tax for online purchases.
- Spain activists, whistleblower creating digital pay system Updated: Jan-28-16 12:28 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - A prominent French whistleblower and Spanish anti-corruption activists who trigged an investigation of a former International Monetary Fund chief announced Thursday they are designing a digital payment system aimed at excluding middlemen companies that make money from online purchases.
- Crundwell furs, buckles, other items in online auction Updated: Jan-19-16 4:16 am
DIXON, Illinois - The U.S. Marshal's Service is selling off fur vests, horsemanship jackets, belt buckles and other property that one belonged to a former comptroller now imprisoned for stealing nearly $54 million from a northern Illinois city.
- Holiday sales report shows challenge for 2016 Updated: Jan-15-16 3:37 pm
NEW YORK - Holiday shoppers flocked online during the critical holiday shopping season, but overall sales in November and December were disappointing.