- Appeals court affirms conviction of woman in hot sauce case Updated: Jul-31-15 6:23 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - An Alaska appeals court has affirmed the conviction of an Anchorage woman whom prosecutors said used a videotape of herself punishing her son to get on the "Dr. Phil" show.
- Facebook's Zuckerberg and wife are expecting a daughter Updated: Jul-31-15 2:45 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his pediatrician wife, Priscilla Chan, are expecting a baby.
- Once a sideshow, now old, former preemies praise bold doctor Updated: Jul-31-15 1:44 am
LONG BEACH, New York - At age 95, Lucille Horn often reflects on her long, full life, with a husband and five children, and how it might not have happened if not for the renegade doctor who put her in a Coney Island sideshow when she was just days old.
- Fluoride debate hits Colorado's largest water utility Updated: Jul-30-15 10:04 pm
DENVER - Colorado's largest supplier of public drinking water is in the midst of a debate over how much fluoride - if any - to put into its delivery system after the federal government announced new standards in April.
- Parents give daughter, 5, visual bucket list after diagnosis Updated: Jul-30-15 7:13 pm
BELLVILLE, Ohio - The parents of a 5-year-old in central Ohio have created a visual bucket list for their daughter after she was diagnosed with a condition that will eventually cause her to go blind.
- Lessons learned from traveling with baby on Puerto Rico trip Updated: Jul-29-15 6:15 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - We were in paradise, surrounded by lush trees and waterfalls in El Yunque rainforest.
- Skin doctors urge under-18 ban on tanning beds Updated: Jul-28-15 5:20 pm
BOSTON - Dermatologists who treat skin cancer patients urged state lawmakers on Tuesday to approve a bill that would bar anyone under age 18 from using tanning beds, but salon owners accused critics of overstating the risks.
- Colorado history class review leads to recall effort Updated: Jul-28-15 4:32 pm
GOLDEN, Colorado - Critics of a suburban Denver school board that considered reviewing a U.S. history course to emphasize patriotism are turning in signatures to force a recall election for three conservative members responsible for the push.
- Science, technology students challenged at A&M STEM camp Updated: Jul-24-15 7:40 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The lack of cellphone chargers at this year's Aggie STEM Summer Camp became a real problem for the high school and middle school campers a couple days in.
- Etiquette pros break down Maine diner spat over antsy tot Updated: Jul-24-15 10:16 am
NEW YORK - What went down at Marcy's Diner in Portland, Maine, between the vacationing parents of an antsy toddler and the annoyed, profanity-prone restaurant owner is a case of she said-she said.
- Cosby mural removed amid details of sex, drugging claims Updated: Jul-23-15 11:19 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia mural featuring Bill Cosby has been painted over as new details emerge of his testimony in a sexual-assault lawsuit.
- Becoming a dad? Expect to gain 3 to 5 pounds, study suggests Updated: Jul-21-15 5:47 pm
NEW YORK - Many men gain a new sense of responsibility and purpose when they become fathers. A new study suggests they also gain 3 to 5 pounds.
- German court nixes payments for stay-at-home parents Updated: Jul-21-15 9:59 am
BERLIN - Germany's highest court has ruled that government funding for stay-at-home parents breaches the country's federal rules.
- Utah won't appeal ruling in same-sex parents case Updated: Jul-20-15 5:17 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah will not appeal a judge's order requiring the state list the names of a lesbian couple on a birth certificate as the mothers of their new baby.
- Bonding time for Obama, teenage daughters during NYC getaway Updated: Jul-18-15 6:42 pm
NEW YORK - It's inevitable: At some point, teenage kids just aren't that into their parents anymore.
- Same-sex couples join the ranks of Utah foster families Updated: Jul-18-15 3:14 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - For Utah newlyweds John Wright and Wilson Bateman, the decision to take in three foster kids ages 3 through 12 wasn't hard.
- Gay couples win parenting rights in wake of marriage ruling Updated: Jul-18-15 2:57 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Cari Searcy, Kim McKeand and their 9-year-old son Khaya will go before a judge in Mobile next week to get the legal recognition for what they've been for the last decade: a family of three.
- Spanish town's summer advice: don't skip your siesta Updated: Jul-17-15 9:01 am
MADRID - The heat is on, and a Spanish town is taking its afternoon siesta seriously.
- Senate OKs revised No Child education law, compromise needed Updated: Jul-16-15 4:46 pm
WASHINGTON - More than a decade after No Child Left Behind established a stronger federal role in public education, the Senate on Thursday approved a rewrite of the much-criticized education law that would return much of that power to the states.
- Mom accused of letting toddler sip margarita avoids trial Updated: Jul-16-15 10:56 am
SALEM, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts woman accused of allowing her 2-year-old daughter to sip her margarita at a restaurant and pouring some of it into the girl's sippy cup has avoided trial and possible deportation.
- Farewell FAO Schwarz: Last day of business at NYC toy store Updated: Jul-15-15 11:07 pm
NEW YORK - Tom Hanks danced on a large floor piano there in the movie "Big." Multitudes of children wandered through the aisles over the years, hopped up on sugar from the candy store and wide-eyed with delight at the giant stuffed animals and other toys. And a fair number of parents winced at some of the price tags.
- Judge rules Utah should put 2 moms on birth certificate Updated: Jul-15-15 7:35 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge on Wednesday ordered the state of Utah to list the names of a lesbian couple on a birth certificate as the mothers of their new baby in a ruling that lawyers said was the first of its kind since the U.S. Supreme Court legalized gay marriage.
- Gay parents in Texas want both names on birth certificate Updated: Jul-13-15 3:22 pm
DALLAS - Several same-sex couples in Texas who now can marry by law are pushing for birth certificates to be changed to allow the names of both parents, not just mother and father.
- Maricopa County attorney sidesteps same-sex adoption fight Updated: Jul-10-15 5:32 pm
PHOENIX - Same-sex couples seeking free legal help with non-contested adoptions from the Maricopa County Attorney's Office can now get it - from a private lawyer.
- Why toy 'Minion' curse words might just all be in your head Updated: Jul-10-15 5:14 pm
NEW YORK - McDonald's swears up and down that the little yellow "Minions" Happy Meal toy is speaking only nonsense words and not something a little more adult.