- 55 staying at homeless shelter get suspected food poisoning Updated: Jun-01-15 2:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - More than 50 people staying at a Salt Lake City homeless shelter were taken to hospitals after falling ill with suspected food poisoning, but all except one patient have recovered, officials said Monday.
- Gravely ill Russian opposition figure won't be sent abroad Updated: May-29-15 2:01 pm
MOSCOW - The prominent Russian opposition figure who is being treated at a Moscow hospital after the sudden onset of a mysterious illness won't be taken abroad for care.
- Lawyer says allegations B.B. King was poisoned 'ridiculous' Updated: May-26-15 5:40 am
LAS VEGAS - Two B.B. King heirs who've been most outspoken about the blues legend's care in his final days have accused King's two closest aides of poisoning him, but the attorney for King's estate called the claims ridiculous and police said there was no active homicide investigation.
- Carbon monoxide sends 8 people to hospital; 2 critical Updated: May-24-15 10:01 am
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - Authorities in southeastern Pennsylvania say a carbon monoxide leak sent eight people to the hospital, two of them in critical condition.
- City sues restaurant where lawyers were sickened in February Updated: May-21-15 5:46 am
PHILADELPHIA - City officials have filed a lawsuit against a Philadelphia restaurant where nearly 100 attorneys and law students were sickened in February.
- Police: 2 middle school students poisoned by other students Updated: May-20-15 5:05 am
RIO RANCHO, New Mexico - Two 14-year-olds were taken to the hospital after accepting a drink police say was spiked with lab chemicals by other students.
- Nigeria: 28 kids killed by lead poisoning from gold mining Updated: May-15-15 11:57 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Twenty-eight children have died from lead poisoning from illegal gold mining in a remote west-central village, Nigerian health officials said, while doctors still are treating thousands from an earlier outbreak.
- A food poisoning report with good news: Fewer E. coli cases Updated: May-14-15 2:03 pm
NEW YORK - Fewer Americans are getting sick from a nasty germ sometimes found in undercooked hamburgers, the government reported Thursday.
- Oklahoma police officer pleads in dog poison case Updated: May-13-15 12:48 pm
ARDMORE, Oklahoma - A police sergeant accused of trying to poison dogs in his neighborhood has been assigned to do community service at the department he works for.
- 4 hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: May-11-15 12:43 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Four people have been hospitalized after a carbon monoxide scare at a downtown Providence apartment building.
- Suit: Care lacking for inmate who died of water poisoning Updated: May-07-15 6:10 am
IONIA, Michigan - A lawsuit filed against the Michigan Department of Corrections says staff did not do enough to help an inmate who died of water poisoning in April 2014.
- Missouri woman pleads guilty in relatives' poisoning deaths Updated: May-06-15 7:44 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Missouri woman has admitted that she plotted with her mother to fatally poison her brother and father using antifreeze, and that she attempted to kill her sister the same way.
- Family: Teens still critical 6 weeks after resort poisoning Updated: May-04-15 11:01 pm
Two Delaware teenagers sickened by a banned pesticide that was sprayed at the Caribbean resort where they were staying are still in critical condition more than six weeks later, their family said Monday.
- State health officials confirm case of shellfish poisoning Updated: May-04-15 3:29 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Officials have confirmed a case of paralytic shellfish poisoning from a mixture of clams harvested from a beach north of Ketchikan.