- Federal lead paint cleanup in Maine could stretch into July Updated: May-25-16 4:12 pm
The federal Environmental Protection Agency said on Wednesday that its effort to clean up lead paint in the Lewiston-Auburn area of Maine could stretch into July.
- Top US toxicologist to visit Rhode Island to discuss lead Updated: May-22-16 10:08 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A top federal toxicologist is visiting Rhode Island to talk about lead poisoning prevention and reforming the nation's chemical laws.
- Gov. Snyder tasks board with eliminating child lead exposure Updated: May-20-16 5:07 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder created a new board on Friday to eliminate children's exposure to lead statewide, saying the state needs to do more than just reduce exposure to the harmful chemical in the wake of the lead-tainted water crisis in Flint.
- Portland schools: Safe lead levels in our drinking water Updated: May-19-16 11:55 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland school officials say recent testing of the drinking water at public schools in the district show that lead levels are safe.
- Poison Center warns of toxicity of essential oils Updated: May-11-16 1:45 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Officials with the Tennessee Poison Control Center are warning that they are seeing an increasing number of toxic exposures, mostly involving children, to essential oils used in aromatic and homeopathic natural remedies.
- Lead testing inconsistent in Washington schools Updated: May-10-16 2:23 pm
SEATTLE - For about $5 per student in Washington state's public schools, every parent could know if the drinking water in their child's school was free of lead.
- E-cigarette poisonings surge in young children, study says Updated: May-09-16 4:27 pm
CHICAGO - Electronic cigarettes have sickened rising numbers of young children, a study of U.S. poison center calls has found. Most cases involve swallowing liquid nicotine.
- Man charged in Michigan probe of contaminated food Updated: May-05-16 8:52 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A Michigan man suspected of spraying a contaminant on unpackaged food at grocery stores faces four charges of poisoning food.
- Carbon monoxide likely killed boy, seriously injured sister Updated: May-03-16 6:32 pm
LINDEN, New Jersey - Carbon monoxide poisoning apparently caused the death of a 9-year-old boy and seriously injured his 10-year-old sister who were both found unresponsive Tuesday morning, authorities in New Jersey said.
- US urges Illinois city to give customers bottled water Updated: Apr-26-16 6:44 pm
Federal regulators are recommending that an Illinois city provide bottled water or filters to residents affected by high levels of lead in their drinking water.