- Connecticut to receive about $10 million for lead abatement Updated: Aug-30-15 9:50 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The cities and New Haven and Waterbury and the Connecticut Department of Housing are receiving federal funds to help combat poisoning from lead-based paint in housing.
- Peoria County gets $3.2 million to combat lead poisoning Updated: Aug-28-15 4:09 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Peoria County is getting $3.2 million from the federal government to protect children and their families from lead poisoning.
- Baltimore gets $3.7M for lead removal Updated: Aug-25-15 10:52 am
BALTIMORE - Federal housing officials are awarding more than $3.7 million to Baltimore to eliminate lead poison hazards and perform assessments of hundreds of homes for low-income families.
- Rochester receives federal grants to combat lead poisoning Updated: Aug-25-15 6:07 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Officials say the city of Rochester will receive two federal grants totaling more than $3.6 million to help fight lead poisoning in the area.
- Taso hospital ER evacuated after patient dies from poison Updated: Aug-24-15 5:41 pm
TAOS, New Mexico - A New Mexico hospital's emergency room has had to be sealed off after a patient consumed a fatal dose of prairie dog poison.
- Hogan says housing secretary will stay on the job Updated: Aug-17-15 6:49 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Gov. Larry Hogan met with his top housing official Monday to express disappointment in the secretary's comments about landlord liability in lead paint cases, a spokesman said, but the official will remain on the job after 30 lawmakers called for his resignation.
- Construction was happening at Wal-Mart where 13 got sick Updated: Aug-10-15 9:34 am
AVALON PARK, Florida - Authorities say a construction crew using propane tools had been working in a central Florida Wal-Mart store where 13 employees were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.
- 7 taken to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning at Walmart Updated: Aug-09-15 7:28 pm
AVALON PARK, Florida - Thirteen people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after a 24-hour Walmart in central Florida was evacuated.
- 7 taken to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning at Walmart Updated: Aug-09-15 11:16 am
AVALON PARK, Florida - Thirteen people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after a Walmart in Avalon Park was evacuated.
- Law aimed at preventing lead exposure 'barely unenforced' Updated: Aug-08-15 4:52 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Center for Public Interest Reporting says a federal program aimed at keeping children in Maine and across the country from being exposed to lead paint is "barely enforced."
- Suspected food poisoning outbreak sickens 35 at reception Updated: Aug-03-15 3:44 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - A suspected food poisoning outbreak at a wedding reception has sickened more than 30 people in central New York.
- Litvinenko widow accuses Putin of ordering husband killing Updated: Jul-31-15 12:31 pm
LONDON - Nine years after former KGB agent Alexander Litvinenko drank radioactive tea at a London hotel, an inquiry into his death ended Friday with his widow claiming President Vladimir Putin ordered the killing - and Moscow accusing Britain of politicizing the probe.