- 1 dead, 2 injured after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Feb-07-16 10:19 am
HIGHSPIRE, Pennsylvania - Authorities say one person died and two others were injured by apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a northeastern Pennsylvania home.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Feb-06-16 1:17 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Woman dies following home fire in Adams County Updated: Feb-05-16 10:11 pm
DENVER - Investigators say it appears that a 55-year-old woman died from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a fire at a home in Adams County.
- Carbon monoxide probed as possible cause of man's death Updated: Feb-05-16 1:25 pm
JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 43-year-old man has died -- possibly from carbon monoxide poisoning -- in southwestern Michigan.
- Senate Democrats block energy bill in impasse over Flint Updated: Feb-04-16 3:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats on Thursday blocked the first bipartisan energy bill in almost a decade after majority Republicans balked over sending hundreds of millions of dollars in emergency aid to Flint, Michigan, to fix and replace the city's lead-contaminated pipes.
- Family of 8 taken to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Feb-04-16 11:33 am
NEWELL, Iowa - A northwest Iowa family of eight was taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Review reveals problems protecting workers from pesticides Updated: Feb-03-16 1:12 pm
BELLE GLADE, Florida - Dozens of farmworkers looked up at the little yellow plane buzzing over the Florida radish field, a mist of pesticide falling from its wings.
- Advocates: Maine needs to act faster on lead standards Updated: Feb-02-16 11:45 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Public health advocates and lawmakers say Maine needs to move quicker to implement stricter lead poisoning standards that became law last year.
- 6 people treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Orlando Updated: Jan-28-16 6:48 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Police say six people were taken to an Orlando hospital after being exposed to carbon monoxide from a generator that was running at a condominium complex that was being renovated.
- 2 teenagers dead, 2 sickened from drinking racing fuel, soda Updated: Jan-27-16 4:41 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Two Tennessee teens died after drinking a mixture of racing fuel and Mountain Dew, and two others were sickened by the mixture they called "Dewshine," Tennessee Poison Center Medical Director Donna Seger said Wednesday.
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: Jan-27-16 10:17 am
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
- Pennsylvania man dies after overcome by car fumes in storm Updated: Jan-27-16 8:00 am
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a northeastern Pennsylvania man has died of carbon monoxide poisoning, two days after he was overcome by exhaust fumes from his car during the weekend snowstorm.
- Russia's FM calls British inquiry into poisoned spy a "show" Updated: Jan-26-16 8:15 am
MOSCOW - Russia's foreign minister has rejected the conclusion by a British judge that former KGB officer Alexander Litvinenko had been poisoned by two men acting at the behest of Russia's spy agency as a "show" lacking substance.
- Blocked vents cause carbon monoxide poisoning at apartments Updated: Jan-25-16 5:29 pm
HERNDON, Virginia - Seven residents of a Herndon apartment complex were hospitalized after the weekend blizzard contributed to a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Coroner: South Carolina couple dies of carbon monoxide Updated: Jan-24-16 3:02 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Authorities say an elderly couple in Greenville, South Carolina, has died of carbon monoxide poisoning during the massive winter snow storm.
- Man apparently trapped in running car by plow deluge dies Updated: Jan-24-16 1:53 pm
READING, Pennsylvania - Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a man apparently trapped in his running car by a snowplow deluge died of carbon monoxide poisoning during the storm.
- Analysis: Russia's tone familiar after spy poisoning report Updated: Jan-22-16 3:00 pm
MOSCOW - President Vladimir Putin has made no public comment on the sensational report by a British judge that concluded the Kremlin leader probably approved a 2006 plan to kill a Russian dissident in London. Instead, his subordinates went before reporters and portrayed it as a groundless accusation concocted by a relentlessly hostile West.
- Truck driver poisoned by carbon monoxide files lawsuit Updated: Jan-22-16 2:25 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A Jackson law firm has filed a lawsuit on behalf of a truck driver who was poisoned by carbon monoxide that leaked into his cab.
- What We Know: Key takeaways in case of poisoned spy Updated: Jan-21-16 5:05 pm
A British judge has concluded that two Russians, acting at the behest of Moscow's security services and probably with approval from President Vladimir Putin, poisoned ex-KGB agent and fierce Kremlin critic Alexander Litvinenko. Here's what we know:
- UK judge: Putin 'probably approved' killing of ex-KGB agent Updated: Jan-21-16 3:44 pm
LONDON - Almost a decade after former KGB officer Alexander Litvinenko lay dying in a London hospital bed, a British judge has concluded who poisoned him: two Russian men, acting at the behest of Russia's security services, probably with approval from President Vladimir Putin.
- Key findings from British report into former agent's killing Updated: Jan-21-16 2:14 pm
LONDON - Judge Robert Owen's report into the killing of former Russian agent Alexander Litvinenko was published in Britain Thursday. Here are some of the key findings from the report:
- The Latest: US looking closely at UK report on Litvinenko Updated: Jan-21-16 2:02 pm
LONDON - The latest developments in the lengthy British public inquiry into the 2006 poisoning death of former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko.
- Timeline of events in Alexander Litvinenko investigation Updated: Jan-21-16 8:20 am
LONDON - A British judge has published a report on the 2006 death of former Russian agent Alexander Litvinenko, saying President Vladimir Putin probably approved a plan by the Russian security service to kill him with poison. Here is a timeline of events surrounding the case:
- Schumer says bill would hurt asbestos-poisoned veterans Updated: Jan-21-16 5:49 am
ALBANY, New York - U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer says legislation passed in the House would expose health records of asbestos-poisoned military veterans and others suffering from it.
- Arkansas child dies after being found in home near Amity Updated: Jan-19-16 12:13 pm
AMITY, Arkansas - Clark County authorities and Arkansas State Police say a 5-year-old girl has died after being found not breathing in a home near Amity by deputies investigating a report the child was "possibly" poisoned.