- Vet's three-year battle with Montana VA ends in victory Updated: Feb-07-16 2:01 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A Missoula veteran has won a victory in his three-year battle with the Veterans Administration over his traumatic brain injury.
- J.J. Watt feels concussions are an expected injury Updated: Feb-05-16 12:30 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt says he knew concussions were a risk when he decided to play football, so he's not any more alarmed by the studies of prolonged head trauma suffered by NFL players.
- NFL critic crashes news conference about concussions Updated: Feb-04-16 9:39 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - An uninvited guest at the NFL's annual pre-Super Bowl news conference about health and safety, Chris Nowinski stood nearby and listened Thursday as one of the league's chief advisers about concussions declined to acknowledge a link between football and the brain disease called CTE.
- Baker: DCF got full report Friday of 3-year-old boy who died Updated: Feb-03-16 6:33 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker said his administration is cooperating with the investigation into the death of a 3-year-old boy who suffered traumatic injuries at his Boston home last weekend.
- King County trauma center to offer care in community clinics Updated: Feb-01-16 9:43 pm
SEATTLE - King County's regional trauma center will be offering health care in community clinics under a new 10-year agreement announced Monday.
- Judge OKs reworked NCAA concussions deal - with changes Updated: Jan-26-16 6:36 pm
CHICAGO - A federal judge gave preliminary approval Tuesday to a reworked head-injury settlement between thousands of former athletes and the NCAA that includes a $70 million fund to pay for brain trauma testing and limits legal immunity for the nation's largest college sports governing body.
- Arizona rate of trauma deaths drops as state adds centers Updated: Jan-25-16 1:47 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona health officials say the state's rate of trauma deaths has dropped significantly as the number of trauma centers has risen across the state, particularly in rural communities.
- Bald eagle injured by car in northern Utah Updated: Jan-21-16 10:28 am
OGDEN, Utah - A bald eagle is being treated for head trauma and broken bones after officials say they believe it was struck by a vehicle in northern Utah.
- Death of Ohio State student in lake jump is ruled accidental Updated: Jan-19-16 5:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A coroner says an Ohio State University student died from accidental trauma caused by diving into shallow water during a traditional cold-weather lake jump two months ago.