- Housing advocates worry about rental fee abuse in Bend Updated: Nov-24-15 11:54 am
BEND, Oregon - More landlords and property owners in Bend are participating in what housing advocates call "fee stacking," the process of collecting application fees from prospective renters even after a preferred tenant has been chosen.
- Housing authority says Portland low-income rents rising Updated: Nov-19-15 2:42 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Low-income tenants in Portland are faced with an unprecedented number of rent increases after the City Council passed new rules intended to protect renters, housing authority officials said.
- Ribbon-cutting marks new lower-rent apartments at Bayou Cane Updated: Nov-06-15 4:08 am
BAYOU CANE, Louisiana - Officials in the Bayou Cane area of Terrebonne Parish are celebrating the opening of a new affordable-rent apartment complex.
- US home values and rents defying global slowdown Updated: Oct-27-15 12:20 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. housing appears to be insulated so far from the cooling global economy.
- US rental home prices rose at slower pace in September Updated: Oct-27-15 8:30 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. home rental market cooled in September. The slowdown hit major hubs of the energy industry such as Dallas, Houston and Tulsa, while moderating the boom coming in tech centers such as San Francisco, San Jose and Denver.
- All Md. toddlers to be tested for lead at ages 1 and 2 Updated: Oct-26-15 1:11 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Gov. Larry Hogan is announcing a new lead testing plan that calls for all Maryland children to be tested at ages 1 and 2.
- Airbnb battles hostile ballot measure in San Francisco Updated: Oct-26-15 9:42 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Travelers worldwide may love using Airbnb to book vacation stays, but the company that revolutionized home-sharing faces a hostile ballot measure in the city where it was founded.