- Federal government files suit against Sioux Falls landlord Updated: Aug-31-15 1:54 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The U.S. government has filed a lawsuit against a Sioux Falls landlord, alleging he refused to let a tenant with a fractured leg move back into an apartment over concerns that a wheelchair could damage the carpet.
- Court says city can't stop re-renting of mobile home spaces Updated: Aug-29-15 10:02 am
BRANDON, Mississippi - A Rankin County judge has ruled a municipality cannot stop a mobile home park from re-renting vacated spaces.
- Astoria struggling with shortage of housing Updated: Aug-26-15 12:54 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Anyone who has tried to rent an apartment or buy a house in Astoria since the recession knows the story: few choices, relatively high cost.
- US home rents rose in July as ownership market cooled Updated: Aug-25-15 8:33 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home rents jumped in July as house prices showed signs of flagging.
- Arizona apartment rental company gives felons second chance Updated: Aug-23-15 9:04 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A Phoenix-based apartment company is expanding to Tucson thanks in part to its target clientele: convicted felons.
- 4 displaced after Bismarck rental house fire Updated: Aug-22-15 4:07 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Four residents have been displaced from their rental house after an early morning fire in Bismarck.
- Single-family houses fuel gains in US homebuilding in July Updated: Aug-18-15 11:22 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. builders started work on single-family houses last month at the fastest pace since the Great Recession began in late 2007.
- Apartment rents in Reno-Sparks hit new high Updated: Aug-18-15 6:14 am
RENO, Nevada - Those renting an apartment in the Reno area are paying more than ever before as the average monthly rent reached a record high.
- Obama golfs, reads and enjoys private beach on vacation Updated: Aug-17-15 4:00 pm
CHILMARK, Massachusetts - Lots of golf, a family outing on a private beach and a stack of books. President Barack Obama's two-week vacation on Martha's Vineyard is shaping up as a pretty low-key retreat.
- Man charged with assaulting woman who answered apartment ad Updated: Aug-09-15 9:59 am
DES PLAINES, Illinois - A 60-year-old suburban Chicago man is being held on $5 million bail after being charged with kidnapping and sexually assaulting woman in an apartment she'd agreed to rent from him.
- News Guide: A TV star, Trump to take debate's center stage Updated: Aug-05-15 2:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has been telling people for nearly three decades that he is what they really need in the White House - a business-hardened deal-maker in chief.
- Former Gov. Crist buys 2 Tampa Bay area homes Updated: Aug-04-15 3:30 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - After decades of renting, former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist is finally a homeowner.
- Sturgis finds a way to house hundreds of thousands of people Updated: Aug-04-15 9:10 am
STURGIS, South Dakota - A quarter-century ago, marking the 50th anniversary of the Sturgis motorcycle rally, a man with a house a block off Main Street said he had just rented his place for $6,000.