- Gera, Dzsudzsak and Kiraly lead Hungary at Euro 2016 Updated: May-31-16 10:32 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary coach Bernd Storck named veteran midfielders Zoltan Gera and Balazs Dzsudzsak to his squad for the European Championship, the country's first appearance at the continental event since 1972.
- The Latest: Ledley in Wales squad 3 weeks after breaking leg Updated: May-31-16 9:48 am
LONDON - The Latest on the European Championship squad announcements (all times local):
- 5 Matches Not to Miss at the European Championship Updated: May-31-16 9:25 am
GENEVA - Every fourth summer, football lovers tune in to what many see as the tournament for the purists on the global calendar.
- Soccer hooliganism still a threat heading into Euro 2016 Updated: May-31-16 9:02 am
PARIS - Hooliganism is making a comeback, and the timing could be bad with four high-risk matches in the first week of the European Championship in a country where the police force is already under huge strain.
- Marco Reus out of Euro 2016, Schweinsteiger in Germany squad Updated: May-31-16 7:48 am
BERLIN - Borussia Dortmund midfielder Marco Reus was dropped from Germany's European Championship squad on Tuesday, and captain Bastian Schweinsteiger made the final cut despite injury.
- Madrid and Atletico players vie for final Euro 2016 spots Updated: May-31-16 6:08 am
- Payet's superb late free kick helps France beat Cameroon 3-2 Updated: May-30-16 5:56 pm
NANTES, France - Dimitri Payet scored a brilliant last-minute free kick as European Championship host France beat Cameroon 3-2 in a friendly Monday.
- Sweden and Slovenia draw 0-0 in Euro 2016 warmup Updated: May-30-16 3:47 pm
MALMO, Sweden - Sweden and Slovenia played to a 0-0 draw in a friendly match Monday, two weeks ahead of the European Championship.
- Switzerland picks 3 teenagers in final Euro 2016 squad Updated: May-30-16 12:49 pm
LUGANO, Switzerland - Switzerland has three 19-year-olds in its final European Championship squad of 23 players that features new Arsenal signing Granit Xhaka.
- Teenage star Rashford signs new Man United deal through 2020 Updated: May-30-16 9:34 am
MANCHESTER, England - Marcus Rashford signed a new contract with Manchester United through June 2020, a reward for the teenage striker's breakthrough this season that could earn him a place in England's European Championship squad.
- French unions plan strikes to disrupt trains, ports, flights Updated: May-30-16 6:40 am
PARIS - Travelers beware: French labor unions plan a string of strikes in the coming days that will target trains, the Paris subway system, ports and possibly airports.
- Slovakia names squad for Euro 2016 with Hamsik, Skrtel Updated: May-30-16 5:19 am
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik and Liverpool central defender Martin Skrtel headline Slovakia's squad for its first European Championship.
- Pelle fires Italy to 1-0 win over Scotland in friendly Updated: May-29-16 5:52 pm
VALLETTA, Malta - Italy dominated against Scotland but only scraped a 1-0 win Sunday in its penultimate warmup match before the European Championship, and the Azzurri's wayward shooting will be of concern to coach Antonio Conte.
- Portugal beats Norway 3-0 in Euro 2016 warmup match Updated: May-29-16 5:44 pm
PORTO, Portugal - Two second-half goals in seven minutes from Raphael Guerreiro and Eder helped Portugal to a 3-0 win over Norway in a warmup game Sunday for the European Championship.
- Spain beats Bosnia 3-1 in Euro 2016 warmup Updated: May-29-16 3:21 pm
ST. GALLEN, Switzerland - Forward Manuel "Nolito" Agudo scored two first-half goals to lead Spain to a 3-1 win over 10-man Bosnia in a warmup match Sunday for the European Championship.
- Germany slumps to 3-1 home defeat against Slovakia Updated: May-29-16 3:04 pm
AUGSBURG, Germany - Germany's European Championship preparations had a setback Sunday in a 3-1 thunderstorm-interrupted defeat to Slovakia.
- France's Mathieu out of Euro 2016 with calf injury Updated: May-28-16 9:56 am
PARIS - France's defensive woes worsened on Saturday as Jeremy Mathieu was ruled out of the European Championship with a calf injury.
- Grigg gets Northern Ireland call for Euro 2016 Updated: May-28-16 9:55 am
BELFAST, Northern Ireland - Will Grigg has been chosen as Northern Ireland's fourth striker for the European Championship, a day after scoring his first international goal.
- Northern Ireland beats Belarus 3-0 in warmup for Euro 2016 Updated: May-27-16 5:24 pm
BELFAST, Northern Ireland - Northern Ireland had the ideal Belfast send-off before the European Championship by beating Belarus 3-0 on Friday to extend its undefeated run to 11 games.
- Ireland draws 1-1 with Netherlands in Euro 2016 warmup Updated: May-27-16 5:13 pm
DUBLIN - Ireland conceded an 85th-minute equalizer to draw 1-1 with the Netherlands on Friday in its latest warmup match before competing in the European Championship.
- Early strike by Kramaric as Croatia beats Moldova 1-0 Updated: May-27-16 4:56 pm
KOPRIVNICA, Croatia - Andrej Kramaric scored early to give Croatia a 1-0 win Friday against Moldova in a warmup match for the European Championship.
- Czechs beat Malta 6-0 in warmup for Euro 2016 Updated: May-27-16 2:05 pm
KUFSTEIN, Austria - The Czech Republic opened its final stage of preparations for the European Championship with a 6-0 victory over Malta on Friday.
- Adam Nemec scores 2 for Slovakia in 3-1 win over Georgia Updated: May-27-16 1:39 pm
WELS, Austria - Adam Nemec struck twice to lead Slovakia to a 3-1 victory over Georgia on Friday in a warmup match for the European Championship.
- Sturridge injured again, Rashford set for England debut Updated: May-26-16 2:24 pm
GATESHEAD, England - England striker Daniel Sturridge has picked up another injury, potentially affecting his chances of being selected for the European Championship.
- France's growing labor standoff: What could happen next? Updated: May-26-16 8:08 am
PARIS - France's Socialist President Francois Hollande is engaged in the biggest test of his presidency, facing months of protests and strikes against a labor law that are threatening nationwide fuel shortages.