- 6 months after tornado, some Delmont residents not giving up Updated: Nov-25-15 11:51 am
DELMONT, South Dakota - Not everyone is giving up on Delmont.
- 4 small earthquakes rattle southeast Missouri Updated: Nov-25-15 9:51 am
LILBOURN, Missouri - Several people in southeast Missouri felt the earth move early Wednesday after a series of small earthquakes.
- Huge Australian wildfire kills at least 2 and injures others Updated: Nov-25-15 6:32 am
ADELAIDE, Australia - Officials say at least two people have been killed and several others injured by huge wildfires that also destroyed homes near the southern Australian city of Adelaide and continue to burn out of control.
- Search ends for victims of Myanmar jade mining landslide Updated: Nov-25-15 12:16 am
HPAKANT, Myanmar - Police in northern Myanmar said Wednesday they have ended efforts to find bodies in a jade mining landslide that killed more than 100 people and highlighted the perilous conditions created by a breakneck effort to dig up the world's richest deposits of the green gem.
- Sandra becomes a hurricane in eastern Pacific off Mexico Updated: Nov-24-15 10:00 pm
MIAMI - Sandra has become a hurricane in the eastern Pacific off Mexico and is expected to strengthen even further in the next couple of days.
- Avalanche hampers search for missing skier Updated: Nov-24-15 9:16 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The search for a skier missing in Hatcher Pass since Sunday is being slowed after an avalanche.
- Deep 7.5 quake shakes remote Peru jungle region Updated: Nov-24-15 6:30 pm
LIMA, Peru - A deep 7.5-magnitude earthquake has shaken a sparsely populated jungle region near the triple border of Peru, Brazil and Bolivia. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
- Fire crews fighting grass fire in El Paso County Updated: Nov-24-15 2:47 pm
RUSH, Colorado - Firefighters are responding to a grass fire on the plains east of Colorado Springs.
- 2 small quakes shake Dubois Updated: Nov-24-15 4:01 am
DUBOIS, Wyoming - Two small earthquakes have hit the western Wyoming town of Dubois.
- Report: 90 percent of disasters are weather-related Updated: Nov-23-15 7:49 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Ninety percent of disasters in the last 20 years have been caused by floods, storms, heatwaves and other weather-related events - and these weather-spawned disasters are becoming more frequent, according to a report released Monday.
- Feds plan $1 million on forest restoration in northern Idaho Updated: Nov-23-15 7:06 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The U.S. Forest Service is spending just over $1 million in northern Idaho to shore up areas scorched this year by massive wildfires.
- 3 earthquakes rattle parts of state near site of 4.7 quake Updated: Nov-23-15 6:00 pm
CHEROKEE, Oklahoma - Three earthquakes have rattled parts of Oklahoma near the site of last week's 4.7 magnitude temblor.
- Chesapeake fined $1.4M for slide at Pennsylvania drill site Updated: Nov-23-15 5:44 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Chesapeake Energy is agreeing to a $1.4 million fine stemming from a 2011 landslide at a drilling site in southwestern Pennsylvania that damaged several streams.
- Small earthquake reported in northern Idaho Updated: Nov-23-15 5:37 pm
SANDPOINT, Idaho - Federal officials say a 3.4-magnitude earthquake rattled northern Idaho near Sandpoint but authorities say there are no reports of damage.
- Magnitude-5.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital Updated: Nov-23-15 4:28 pm
MEXICO CITY - An earthquake rattled central Mexico on Monday, swaying buildings in Mexico City. Some office workers rushed to the streets in the capital.
- Hiker killed in avalanche in Sierra Nevada Updated: Nov-23-15 3:50 pm
INDEPENDENCE, California - Searchers have located the body of a missing graduate student killed in an avalanche in the Sierra Nevada.
- New Jersey Turnpike service area destroyed by Sandy reopens Updated: Nov-23-15 3:33 pm
WOODBRIDGE, New Jersey - A familiar stop on the New Jersey Turnpike is back in business more than three years after it was destroyed by Superstorm Sandy.
- 5.9 magnitude earthquake hits NE Afghanistan Updated: Nov-22-15 4:09 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The U.S. Geological Survey is reporting that a magnitude 5.9 earthquake has hit northeastern Afghanistan near the border with Pakistan and Tajikistan. There were no immediate reports of casualties.
- Small brush fire burns in Ada County after car explosion Updated: Nov-22-15 1:47 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A car explosion started a small brush fire in Ada County on Saturday afternoon.
- Report examines events in fatal Washington state wildfire Updated: Nov-21-15 2:55 pm
SEATTLE - An initial report looking into the deaths of three firefighters in a rapidly expanding wildfire in Washington state says their engine crashed on a winding dirt road and was engulfed in flames.
- Water agency's land purchase rattles California farmers Updated: Nov-21-15 10:57 am
BLYTHE, California - The nation's largest distributor of treated drinking water became the largest landowner in a remote California farming region for good reason: The alfalfa-growing area is first in line to get Colorado River water.
- Galveston council approves Hurricane Ike recovery projects Updated: Nov-20-15 4:00 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - The Galveston City Council has voted to spend more than $38 million in federal recovery funds on nine projects amid concerns whether the Hurricane Ike-related money is being used to address infrastructure needs in low-income neighborhoods.
- Precipitation extinguishes wildfire in Olympic National Park Updated: Nov-20-15 11:36 am
OLYMPIC NATIONAL PARK, Washington - Precipitation in Olympic National Park has finally extinguished a wildfire that had been burning since May.
- Bill to let EMTs aid injured animals clears Ohio House panel Updated: Nov-20-15 10:32 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bill that would allow first responders to aid injured animals at emergency scenes has cleared an Ohio House panel.
- 2 strong aftershocks hit western Greek island of Lefkada Updated: Nov-20-15 5:10 am
ATHENS, Greece - Two strong aftershocks have rocked the western Greek island of Lefkada, where a 6.1-magnitude quake killed two people this week and caused extensive damage.