- Opponents of Initiative 1366 file new suit in King County Updated: Nov-24-15 4:53 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Opponents of Tim Eyman's latest tax-limiting initiative filed a new lawsuit this week seeking to have the law invalidated.
- Lawmakers support voters decide on privacy amendment Updated: Nov-19-15 2:32 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Lawmakers say they want voters to decide if privacy and open-government protections should be added to Wyoming's Constitution.
- Skill or chance? New Jersey could influence fantasy sports Updated: Nov-09-15 2:00 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Making a case they hope will resonate with states across the nation, representatives of the fantasy sports industry told New Jersey lawmakers Monday that regulators should not treat them the same way as casinos because success in their industry relies more on skill than on chance.
- House, Senate can't resolve differences on Senate districts Updated: Nov-05-15 7:47 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Senate rejected a map to create new districts for itself and adjourned Thursday, leaving the Legislature with its second failed special session this year.
- Oklahoma governor appointment authority studied by lawmakers Updated: Nov-04-15 6:18 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma lawmakers convened a legislative study Wednesday on expanding the governor's appointment authority to include the heads of state agencies and commissions, an idea critics said could make state government resemble the federal system and increase the influence of special interests.
- Results unclear for school funding amendment in Mississippi Updated: Nov-03-15 11:47 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - It was unclear late Tuesday whether voters would agree to amend Mississippi's constitution to bolster public school funding, with official returns too close to call.
- News Guide: Voters OK amendments; Houston ordinance defeated Updated: Nov-03-15 11:33 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Voters statewide approved all seven proposed amendments to the Texas Constitution on Tuesday - giving themselves tax breaks, cementing their rights to hunt and fish, pumping billions of extra public dollars into roads and freeing some top elected officials from having to live in the state capital.
- The Latest: San Antonio state House race heads to runoff Updated: Nov-03-15 11:03 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The latest developments from Election Day in Texas (all times local):
- The Latest: Cincinnati-area polls will stay open longer Updated: Nov-03-15 6:58 pm
The latest developments in Ohio's general election as voters decide issues including whether to legalize marijuana.
- Activists look to set Oregon campaign contribution limits Updated: Nov-02-15 1:45 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Activists looking to reform campaign finance in Oregon are taking steps to get a measure limiting contributions on the November 2016 ballot.