- Survey: US political and generation gaps on science issues Updated: Jul-01-15 11:06 am
WASHINGTON - Age divides Americans on science issues just as much as political ideology, a new analysis of recent polling shows.
- Federal judge rules Maui County ban on GMO crops invalid Updated: Jun-30-15 9:25 pm
HONOLULU - A federal judge ruled Tuesday that a Maui County ban on the cultivation of genetically engineered crops is pre-empted by federal and state law and invalid.
- Government review taking place of bio tech plant, others Updated: Jun-26-15 2:49 pm
NEWPORT, Vermont - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is reviewing Jay Peak Resort projects that have investors from other countries, including hotels and a planned biotech facility in Newport, Vermont.
- Grocers: Vermont GMO law could lead to fines of $10M a day Updated: Jun-18-15 1:21 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's first-in-the-nation law requiring the labeling of foods made with genetically modified organisms could cost the nation's grocers up to $10 million a day in fines, according to a letter from an industry organization that is suing the block the law.
- Maui GMO case judge focuses on county authority to regulate Updated: Jun-15-15 8:46 pm
HONOLULU - A federal judge said Monday that the key question before her in lawsuits related to a Maui County ban on the cultivation of genetically modified crops is whether federal and state law trump county law.
- Biotechnology entrepreneur's wine collection to be auctioned Updated: Jun-03-15 12:26 pm
NEW YORK - The wine collection of a noted biotechnology entrepreneur is headed for the auction block where it could bring a total of $1 million.