- Judge rejects request to block Ore. county's GMO crop ban Updated: May-29-15 11:46 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A federal judge in southern Oregon on Friday rejected a request by two alfalfa farms to block Jackson County's ban on genetically engineered crops.
- Hawaii groups plant coconut trees, protest against Monsanto Updated: May-24-15 4:01 am
HONOLULU - Demonstrators planted coconut trees and waved signs in rallies across the Hawaiian Islands as part of an international day of protests against agriculture business Monsanto.
- Discovery opens door for homemade morphine, painkillers Updated: May-18-15 12:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Scientists have figured out all the steps to make morphine and similar painkillers without using opium poppies, opening the door for home-brewed drugs and even wider abuse.
- Stem cell manufacturer breaks ground in northern Vermont Updated: May-15-15 12:52 pm
NEWPORT CITY, Vermont - Construction has begun on a $100 million stem cell research and manufacturing facility.
- USDA creates new government certification for GMO-free Updated: May-14-15 5:09 pm
WASHINGTON - The Agriculture Department has developed a new government certification and labeling for foods that are free of genetically modified ingredients.
- University says county GMO measure could hamper research Updated: May-04-15 6:24 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Oregon State University says a Benton County ballot measure that seeks to ban the cultivation of genetically modified crops in the county could hurt GMO-related university research projects.