- Farmington police use software to stop distracted driving Updated: Jul-18-15 7:38 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - Farmington police may be the first in New Mexico to crack down on distracted officers who try to use a patrol computer while driving.
- Police in Oregon: on-body cameras may be too costly Updated: Jul-12-15 1:05 pm
BEND, Oregon - While many have sung the praises of on-body police cameras, some departments in Central Oregon aren't sure they can foot the bill.
- Leaked emails show Florida police agency sought spyware Updated: Jul-11-15 7:22 am
MIAMI - An Italian company that sells surveillance software to governments and law enforcement agencies worldwide is negotiating to provide a Florida police agency with spyware technology that infiltrates phones and computers, according to emails just released.
- Police: Drivers following GPS devices turning onto tracks Updated: Jul-09-15 8:07 am
CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio - Officials in northeast Ohio say they're working to improve a dangerous train crossing after numerous drivers following GPS directions have turned right onto the tracks.
- FBI, Justice Dept. take encryption concerns to Congress Updated: Jul-08-15 10:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal law enforcement officials warned Wednesday that data encryption is making it harder to hunt for pedophiles and terror suspects, telling senators that consumers' right to privacy is not absolute and must be weighed against public-safety interests.
- Utah lawmakers look at passing statewide body camera rules Updated: Jul-07-15 5:12 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - As more police agencies issue body cameras to their officers, Utah needs to set statewide standards about what should be filmed and who can see it, lawmakers and advocates said Tuesday.