- Albuquerque police searching for some anti-Trump protesters Updated: May-26-16 7:37 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque officials said Thursday around 30 people out of 1,000 protesters were responsible for the violence this week at a Donald Trump event.
- Police use new technology in Pointer's cold case Updated: May-25-16 2:02 am
CLOUDCROFT, New Mexico - Twenty-nine years after Margaret Caroline Pointer's skeletal remains were found near the Sunspot Highway, near Cloudcroft, Alamogordo police Detective Lt. Roger Schoolcraft is still on the case.
- Smaller cities across US opening high-tech crime centers Updated: May-24-16 4:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Michelle Plante scoured a surveillance video for clues, trying to identify the man seen shooting at someone in a Hartford playground recently in broad daylight. Luckily, no children were there, and the man fled into a nearby house after missing his target.
- Google Earth car singed by incendiary devices Updated: May-20-16 12:11 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California - Northern California police are looking into whoever set off two incendiary devices at Google's campus Thursday night, sparking a small fire that singed a Google Earth demo car in the parking lot.
- Illinois lawmakers pass limits on phone-tracking technology Updated: May-18-16 6:45 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers have approved a bill that restricts how law enforcement agencies use devices that mimic cell towers to track phone locations in criminal investigations.
- Madison County Sheriff's Office clears thousands of warrants Updated: May-18-16 12:50 pm
JACKSON, Tennessee - The Madison County Sheriff's Office has cleared thousands of warrants from its computer system, some dating back about 40 years.
- Wilmington police unveil data-driven real time crime center Updated: May-17-16 12:46 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington Police have unveiled a real time crime center that officials hope will change how police deploy officers and respond to public safety issues.
- Device to simulate gun scenarios for Dubuque County sheriffs Updated: May-17-16 11:37 am
DUBUQUE, Iowa - The Dubuque County Sheriff's Department is getting a virtual firearms simulator that will put deputies close to dangerous situations without actually placing them in the line of fire.
- Police: Fake bomb at Man United left from training exercise Updated: May-15-16 6:45 pm
MANCHESTER, England - A fake bomb left behind during a security exercise led police to evacuate Manchester United's home stadium on Sunday, disrupting the final day of the English Premier League season and bringing embarrassment to one of the world's best-known sports teams.
- Legislatures seek limits on phone-tracking technology Updated: May-08-16 10:21 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Law enforcement departments' powerful devices that mimic cell towers and track phone locations are raising privacy concerns and inspiring legislation to restrict how police can use the technology in criminal investigations.
- Device helps police find missing elderly, vulnerable faster Updated: May-01-16 10:01 am
SALEM, Oregon - The Marion County sheriff's office wants people to know there a device that would help them track down missing elderly and vulnerable people more quickly. The device called Project Lifesaver is a bracelet with a beacon inside that allows search and rescue teams to zero in on a missing person.