- City commits $1M for camera system to combat violent crime Updated: Apr-26-16 12:17 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke says the city will commit $1 million for an expanded camera system to cut down on violent crime.
- Murder evidence tossed due to cellphone-surveillance device Updated: Apr-26-16 10:07 am
BALTIMORE - A judge has tossed key evidence in the 2014 killing of a woman in Baltimore after ruling that police illegally obtained it using a clandestine cellphone-surveillance device.
- Honolulu patrol officer arrested for prostitution, bribery Updated: Apr-20-16 7:33 pm
HONOLULU - A Honolulu Police Department patrol officer was arrested in Waikiki for attempted bribery, unauthorized use of a computer and prostitution.
- Bellingham to make body cameras mandatory for officers Updated: Apr-20-16 3:06 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The Bellingham Police Department will require all uniformed patrol officers to wear and use body cameras starting this summer.
- Newark police: Cyberattack disrupted some computer systems Updated: Apr-16-16 12:53 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Newark police officials say a cyberattack shut down some of their computer systems for three days last week.
- Poaching charges dismissed over GPS device Updated: Apr-13-16 7:17 am
MADISON, Minnesota - A Minnesota judge has dismissed criminal charges against a man accused in a high-profile poaching case because of a tracking device used by authorities.
- Maryland legislature passes criminal justice reform bill Updated: Apr-11-16 8:35 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The General Assembly gave final passage Monday to a comprehensive reform of Maryland's criminal justice system, while a tax-relief plan and a bill to provide sick days for employees of companies with at least 15 employees appeared to be stalled with only hours left in the session.
- Man detained after guns, explosives found in car near church Updated: Apr-08-16 4:56 pm
SOUTHAVEN, Mississippi - A man has been arrested after police found homemade incendiary devices and guns in his car in the parking lot of a Mississippi church.
- Man faces bomb charges in connection with Madison explosions Updated: Apr-01-16 6:39 pm
MADISON, Indiana - A southern Indiana sheriff says a suspect has been arrested in connection with two devices that exploded outside a police department and a judge's home.
- Uber resisting New Jersey's fingerprinting proposal Updated: Apr-01-16 4:22 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Uber is pushing back against a New Jersey proposal that would require fingerprinting potential employees through a state police background check.
- Lafayette sheriff's patrol deputies now wearing body cameras Updated: Apr-01-16 8:15 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Patrol deputies with the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office are now wearing body cameras.
- Maryland appeals court issues opinion in stingray case Updated: Mar-30-16 6:32 pm
BALTIMORE - A Maryland appeals court has issued an opinion almost a month after determining that a clandestine cellphone-surveillance device used by Baltimore police in an attempted murder case violates the Fourth Amendment and any evidence collected using it must be excluded.
- Minnesota's police body camera debate may drag out past 2016 Updated: Mar-30-16 4:06 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - More than a year into the debate over how to regulate law enforcement's use of body cameras, a wide divide between House Republicans threatens to leave Minnesota without guidelines even as the state's largest police department deploys the technology this year.