- Jail for CEO of that sold surgery tool without FDA OK Updated: Jun-26-15 4:14 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The former chief executive of a medical device company that admitted to distributing knee replacement surgery tools using a marketing plan rejected by the Food and Drug Administration will go to jail.
- FDA reviewing safety of Essure birth control implant Updated: Jun-25-15 12:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health regulators are reviewing the safety of an implantable contraception device after receiving reports of unusual side effects from patients, including fatigue, depression and weight gain.
- Florida editorial roundup Updated: Jun-25-15 11:05 am
Recent editorials from Florida newspapers:
- Orthopedic device makers Zimmer, Biomet say they've combined Updated: Jun-24-15 2:42 pm
NEW YORK - Orthopedic device makers Zimmer Holdings and Biomet say they've completed their $13.35 billion cash-and-stock combination.
- NATO working with South Dakota telemedicine hub Updated: Jun-23-15 12:46 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - NATO leaders are working with a telemedicine hub in southeast South Dakota to develop a multinational system that could deliver medical services remotely during natural or manmade disasters.
- Hill-Rom buying Welch Allyn in $2.05B cash-and-stock deal Updated: Jun-17-15 10:54 am
CHICAGO - Hill-Rom Holdings Inc. is buying medical diagnostic equipment maker Welch Allyn in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $2.05 billion in a move to bolster its competitive position.
- Indiana medical software company says networks hacked Updated: Jun-10-15 6:56 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A medical software company is notifying patients of health care providers it serves that their private information may have been exposed when its networks were hacked, it said Wednesday.
- Vermont Veterans' Home adopts new medical records system Updated: Jun-09-15 3:46 pm
BENNINGTON, Vermont - After receiving $500,000 in matching funds from the state, the Vermont Veterans' Home in Bennington will implement a new electronic medical records system in October.
- 3-D surprise: Girl missing part of arm gifted a prosthetic Updated: Jun-04-15 6:09 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - When 10-year-old Annika Emmert patted Winter the dolphin's smooth back at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium on Thursday, she thought that was the best part of her morning.