- Less noise, more access with Truckee police electric cycle Updated: May-30-16 3:46 pm
TRUCKEE, California - The Truckee Police Department has purchased its first electric motorcycle, a new tool officers say will help them keep people safe and catch bad guys in the rugged back country around Lake Tahoe with less noise and pollution.
- Michigan bills expand use of driverless cars beyond testing Updated: May-28-16 9:35 am
LANSING, Michigan - The U.S. auto industry's home state of Michigan is preparing for the advent of self-driving cars by pushing legislation to allow for public sales and operation - a significant expansion beyond an existing state law that sanctions such vehicles for testing only.
- US Army to test driverless vehicle technology in Michigan Updated: May-25-16 3:16 pm
LAPEER, Michigan - A convoy of U.S. Army vehicles will cruise along a stretch of Interstate 69 in Michigan as part of an initial testing of driverless military vehicle equipment on public roadways.
- Google self-driving car project opening Michigan tech center Updated: May-25-16 12:47 pm
DETROIT - Google's self-driving car project is heading to the Motor City.
- Vallejo unveils plans for electric car plant at ex-shipyard Updated: May-24-16 10:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The city of Vallejo, which emerged from bankruptcy five years ago, is poised to get a big economic boost as plans to build a major plant for electric cars are rolling forward, officials said Tuesday.
- Indy 500 champions call safety measures greatest innovation Updated: May-24-16 2:20 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Imagine climbing into your sedan in the driveway and not putting on a seatbelt, then trying to back out onto a busy street without the benefit of a rear-view mirror.
- Couple offers public electric car charging station at home Updated: May-21-16 11:40 am
OZARK, Alabama - Tom Wyse could count at least three times when he said he vowed that his last vehicle purchase would be his last time in the market for a car.
- Vail council considers electric bikes on recreational paths Updated: May-20-16 10:59 am
VAIL, Colorado - Vail's Town Council has asked staff to write regulations for a trial of electric bikes on paved recreation paths.
- Airbus unit unveils 3D-printed electric motorcycle Updated: May-20-16 10:54 am
BERLIN - What weighs 77 pounds, goes 50 mph (80 kph) and looks like a Swiss cheese on wheels?
- Uber testing self-driving car in Pittsburgh Updated: May-19-16 1:47 pm
DETROIT - Uber is testing a self-driving car on public streets in Pittsburgh.
- Sugar tax, spaceports meet pageantry in UK Queen's Speech Updated: May-18-16 12:51 pm
LONDON - Queen Elizabeth II donned an ermine-trimmed robe and diamond-studded crown Wednesday to announce government promises to put Britain at the cutting edge of technology and social progress in the 21st century.
- Startup wants to put self-driving big rigs on US highways Updated: May-17-16 3:05 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Picture an 18-wheel truck barreling down the highway with 80,000 pounds of cargo and no one but a robot at the wheel.
- Detroit's automakers, sensing a threat, embrace mobility Updated: May-16-16 4:06 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - For Detroit, the days of simply making cars are over.
- What effect will robot cars have on traffic congestion? Updated: May-16-16 3:07 am
WASHINGTON - Self-driving cars are expected to usher in a new era of mobility, safety and convenience. The problem, say transportation researchers, is that people will use them too much.
- Man, 60, hurt after vehicle strikes mobility scooter Updated: May-14-16 11:16 am
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - A 60-year-old man has been injured after a vehicle struck his electric mobility scooter in southern Michigan.
- Mississippi electric car-maker not reaching job target Updated: May-13-16 6:44 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - An electric car company that once said it planned to build 250,000 cars a year and invest $2 billion in an impoverished corner of Mississippi's Delta region is in trouble because it hasn't lived up to an agreement requiring it to hire 350 employees.
- Hybrid vehicles among items listed at Vegas-area auction Updated: May-10-16 5:53 am
LAS VEGAS - A county spokesman says 44 hybrid cars will be on the block at a weekend government surplus auction of vehicles, bicycles, furniture, computers and airport lost-and-found items.
- Grant to fund 10 electric car charger stations in Lincoln Updated: May-09-16 1:40 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The city of Lincoln is installing 10 charging stations for electric cars as part of a grant program to encourage more residents to buy cars that use alternative fuels.
- Marchionne: Self-driving cars could be on roads in 5 years Updated: May-06-16 2:58 pm
WINDSOR, Ontario - Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne says working with Google convinced him that self-driving technology is closer than he thought and could be on the road in five years.
- Global, local leaders vow hard work against temperature rise Updated: May-05-16 1:14 pm
WASHINGTON - International leaders and local officials on Thursday pledged to work hard to stem the rise of global temperatures by investing in public transportation and electric cars, planting trees and switching to solar energy.
- Robot stitches tissue by itself, a step to more automated OR Updated: May-04-16 8:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Getting stitched up by Dr. Robot may one day be reality: Scientists have created a robotic system that did just that in living animals without a real doctor pulling the strings.
- Fiat Chrysler, Google to cooperate on autonomous minivans Updated: May-03-16 6:49 pm
DETROIT - Fiat Chrysler and Google will work together to more than double the size of Google's self-driving vehicle fleet by adding 100 Chrysler Pacifica minivans.
- Move over drones, driverless cars - unmanned ship up next Updated: May-03-16 9:07 am
SAN DIEGO - It's not only drones and driverless cars that may become the norm someday - ocean-faring ships might also run without captains or crews.
- Texas A&M spending $150 million for new research campus Updated: May-02-16 5:59 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The Texas A&M University System is developing a new research and development campus near its flagship College Station campus to focus on evolving technologies like driverless cars, robotics and materials to fix the country's eroding infrastructure and train people how to use them.
- Engineering students compete for hybrid, electric car titles Updated: May-01-16 2:26 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Dartmouth College is launching its 10th annual Formula Hybrid Competition at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway.