- Average US vehicle age hits record 11.5 years Updated: Jul-29-15 7:04 pm
DETROIT - In the age of Apple's CarPlay, a lot of cars on the road still have tape decks.
- New electric car quick-charging station opens in Portland Updated: Jul-28-15 1:22 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The largest lineup of electric car quick-charging stations in downtown Portland is open for business.
- Nevada leaders to get preview of Faraday Future car Updated: Jul-26-15 4:04 pm
LAS VEGAS - North Las Vegas is courting electric car maker Faraday Future to fill an abandoned factory site, but little is known about the company.
- Race is on to make the best electric car in the valley Updated: Jul-24-15 6:17 am
LAS VEGAS - Long before Tesla announced plans to build a $5 billion electric battery factory near Reno, a local group for years had been tracking the quiet rev of the electric car industry in and around the valley.
- University of Michigan opens test "city" for autonomous cars Updated: Jul-20-15 3:38 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Automakers and researchers say a new simulated city at the University of Michigan could help speed the development of driverless and connected cars.
- Oregon finalizes its portion of West Coast Electric Highway Updated: Jul-20-15 2:52 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Drivers have more places to charge electric cars in the Pacific Northwest as part of an effort to put 3.3 million zero-emission vehicles on roads in eight states.
- GOP bill would undermine auto, rail safety regulations Updated: Jul-16-15 6:45 pm
WASHINGTON - At a time of record auto recalls and high-profile train wrecks, Republicans are working on legislation to roll back safety regulation of the auto and railroad industries.
- Second company probed for air bag inflator malfunctions Updated: Jul-14-15 3:18 pm
DETROIT - The problem of exploding air bags could be widening beyond Japanese manufacturer Takata Corp.
- Auto safety chief says Florida at risk for problem air bags Updated: Jul-14-15 1:10 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The head of the federal government's auto safety agency says around three-quarters of ruptured air bags the agency has tested are coming from Florida.
- Wash. lawmakers extend sales tax break on electric vehicles Updated: Jul-13-15 1:16 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Lawmakers have extended a sales tax break on electric vehicle purchases to 2019 with some changes.
- Critics say Senate bill would weaken rental car, rail safety Updated: Jul-10-15 3:47 am
WASHINGTON - A transportation bill introduced by a Senate committee chairman would allow car rental companies to rent recalled vehicles that haven't been repaired and eliminate any hard deadline for railroads to start using long-sought technology that automatically stops trains to prevent crashes, safety advocates say.
- 2 visions emerge for getting self-driving cars on road Updated: Jul-09-15 1:04 pm
DETROIT - Two competing visions could determine how you first experience a driverless car.
- Edwardsville City Hall has electric-vehicle charging station Updated: Jul-08-15 6:34 am
EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois - There's an electric vehicle charging station now available behind Edwardsville City Hall.
- Google tests driverless cars in Austin - with safety drivers Updated: Jul-07-15 10:41 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Google Inc. has selected Texas as the latest testing site for its self-driving car project, the company announced Tuesday.
- Owner of 'Tetris' rights takes Hawaii home, ranch off grid Updated: Jul-06-15 3:25 am
HONOLULU - High above the bustling city of Honolulu, in a quiet, exclusive hillside neighborhood where some of the island's wealthiest residents live, there is an extravagant home that's not quite like the others.
- About $131,250 in Connecticut electric car rebates approved Updated: Jul-05-15 1:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut officials say more than $131,250 in state rebates have been paid out or committed to consumers who've purchased or leased electric vehicles since May 19.
- Ford recalls 432K cars because of software problem Updated: Jul-02-15 12:49 pm
NEW YORK - Ford is recalling 432,000 Focus, C-Max and Escape vehicles because of a software problem that could keep their engines running after drivers try to shut them down.