- Owner of 'Tetris' rights takes Hawaii home, ranch off grid Updated: Jul-06-15 3:25 am
HONOLULU - High above the bustling city of Honolulu, in a quiet, exclusive hillside neighborhood where some of the island's wealthiest residents live, there is an extravagant home that's not quite like the others.
- About $131,250 in Connecticut electric car rebates approved Updated: Jul-05-15 1:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut officials say more than $131,250 in state rebates have been paid out or committed to consumers who've purchased or leased electric vehicles since May 19.
- Ford recalls 432K cars because of software problem Updated: Jul-02-15 12:49 pm
NEW YORK - Ford is recalling 432,000 Focus, C-Max and Escape vehicles because of a software problem that could keep their engines running after drivers try to shut them down.
- Toyota, Nissan, Honda back hydrogen stations for fuel cells Updated: Jul-01-15 5:22 am
TOKYO - Toyota, Nissan and Honda are working together to get more fuel cell vehicles on roads in what they call Japan's big push toward "a hydrogen society."
- Hyundai sees green future in hydrogen-powered cars Updated: Jun-29-15 6:25 am
YONGIN, South Korea - Hyundai Motor Co. said Monday it believes hydrogen fuel cell vehicles are the future for eco-friendly cars despite challenges of limited infrastructure and slow sales.
- Electric car wins title at Pikes Peak race Updated: Jun-28-15 5:05 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Rhys Millen took an electric car to an overall title at The Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on Sunday.
- Many options, no single solution to nation's traffic snarls Updated: Jun-27-15 11:58 am
The problem is clear: Traffic congestion will become significantly worse and more widespread without big changes in how people and products get around.
- Senators: Safety agency must shape up to get more funding Updated: Jun-23-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Senators threatened Tuesday to withhold additional funding from the nation's top auto safety agency until it improves its ability to spot defective parts like Takata Corp.'s exploding air bags.
- The Latest: Senators question safety of replacement air bags Updated: Jun-23-15 1:01 pm
- Senators express frustration with Takata, regulators Updated: Jun-23-15 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - Senators expressed anger and exasperation Tuesday with both air bag maker Takata Corp. and federal auto safety regulators over a problem with defective air bag inflators that has escalated into the largest auto-safety recall in U.S. history.
- California reveals details of self-driving car accidents Updated: Jun-18-15 6:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - California state officials released reports Thursday detailing six accidents that involved self-driving car prototypes, reversing a policy that shielded details of how the next-generation technology is performing during testing on public roads.
- California reveals details of self-driving car accidents Updated: Jun-18-15 1:52 pm
LOS ANGELES - California state officials released reports Thursday detailing six accidents that involved self-driving car prototypes, reversing a policy that had shielded details of how the next-generation technology is performing during testing on public roads.
- Sandoval announces electric car chargers between Vegas, Reno Updated: Jun-16-15 7:42 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Hoping to attract millennials and eco-conscious tourists to rural parts of Nevada, Gov. Brian Sandoval is announcing a plan to install electric car charging stations at regular intervals on the lonely stretch of road between Las Vegas and Reno.
- Indianapolis council sues over $32M electric car contract Updated: Jun-09-15 6:49 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis City-County Council has voted to sue the city as a way to prevent it from implementing a $32 million plan to rent 425 electric cars for its vehicle fleet.
- NTSB: Collision avoidance systems should be standard in cars Updated: Jun-08-15 6:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Automakers should immediately include as standard equipment in all new cars and commercial trucks systems that automatically brake or warn drivers to avoid rear-end collisions, the National Transportation Safety Board said in a report released Monday.