- Feds find Fiat Chrysler gear shifters can confuse drivers Updated: Feb-08-16 1:16 pm
DETROIT - Electronic gear shifters on some newer Fiat Chrysler SUVs and cars are so confusing that drivers have exited the vehicles with the engines running and while they are still in gear, causing crashes and serious injuries, U.S. safety investigators have determined.
- Dave Mirra, who broke barriers on a BMX bike, dies at 41 Updated: Feb-06-16 1:53 am
Dave Mirra did things few people could on a BMX bike, using a combination of natural ability, fearlessness and innovation to take the sport to places many never thought possible.
- Automakers to recall 5M vehicles for another air bag problem Updated: Feb-04-16 3:43 pm
DETROIT - Another problem has developed with automotive air bags, and this one will bring recalls of up to 5 million vehicles worldwide.
- Cisco to buy Jasper in move into 'Internet of Things' Updated: Feb-03-16 7:54 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Cisco Systems Inc. is buying Jasper Technologies for $1.4 billion in cash in a move to help its customers connect, automate and manage billions of Internet-connected devices ranging from cars to jet engines to implanted pacemakers.
- Regulators get input - sort of - on self-driving car rollout Updated: Jan-28-16 6:09 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California regulators deciding how to permit the future rollout of self-driving cars were told Thursday by consumer advocates that their cautious approach was right on, and by companies developing the technology that the state's current course will delay deployment of vehicles that promise huge safety benefits.
- The Latest: California hearing begins on self-driving cars Updated: Jan-28-16 2:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on hearing on driverless cars in California (all times local):
- New Mexico sues Volkswagen over emissions scandal Updated: Jan-20-16 1:09 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico is suing Volkswagen and other German automakers over an emissions cheating scandal that involves millions of cars worldwide, the first state to do so but almost certainly not the last.
- Utility to roll out more electric vehicle charging stations Updated: Jan-20-16 11:21 am
LOS ANGELES - Southern California Edison will install 1,500 charging stations for electric vehicles under a pilot program that has received the green-light from state regulators.
- U. of Utah extends deadline on electric car discount program Updated: Jan-17-16 3:56 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A temporary offer through the University of Utah and three car dealerships is putting people into electric vehicles at a discount.
- Auto industry agrees to cooperate with government on safety Updated: Jan-15-16 1:14 pm
DETROIT - After two tumultuous years of recalls, fines and friction, the government and the auto industry struck a peace treaty of sorts by agreeing to cooperate on safety issues in the future.
- Questions and answers about new self-driving car safety data Updated: Jan-13-16 9:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - While self-driving cars already are being tested on public roads, newly released safety data support the cautionary view that the technology has many miles to go before people can sleep at the wheel.
- Gov't to announce new safety relationship with automakers Updated: Jan-12-16 5:19 pm
DETROIT - Using the aviation industry as a model, automakers have agreed to work on fundamental changes in their relationship with the U.S. government in order to spot safety trends before they become problems and get new technology to the marketplace faster, a top safety regulator and a person familiar with the discussions said Tuesday.
- Auto Show: Some see sales slowdown; fuel economy quandary Updated: Jan-12-16 4:04 pm
DETROIT - The North American International Auto Show opens to the public Jan. 16 in Detroit. Here are some of the things we learned at this week's media preview:
- The Latest: Ford looks to future with new app, stores Updated: Jan-11-16 4:00 pm
DETROIT - The latest developments from the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- Tesla software update allows self-parking, limits speed Updated: Jan-10-16 5:29 pm
DETROIT - Some Tesla Motors vehicles can park themselves without a driver inside with a software update beamed to customers over the weekend.
- Bentonville teens to give car an electric makeover Updated: Jan-10-16 2:29 pm
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - A team of Bentonville High School students intends to convert a traditional gasoline-powered car to an electric one and enter the vehicle in a competition in the spring.