- Report traces arc of Hillary Clinton server, agency failures Updated: May-26-16 3:45 am
WASHINGTON - Eight days before Hillary Clinton took office as secretary of state in January 2009, an aide to former President Bill Clinton quietly registered a new internet address for the couple. That trivial but deliberate online purchase is the earliest known hint of the private email system that now plagues the presumptive Democratic nominee's presidential campaign.
- State Department email report complicates Clinton's message Updated: May-26-16 3:26 am
SALINAS, California - Hillary Clinton is telling voters not to trust Donald Trump, but a new government report about her usage of a private server as secretary of state is complicating that message.
- Whale-finding phone app grows in use, steering mariners away Updated: May-26-16 2:37 am
PORTLAND, Maine - With summer whale watching season fast approaching, conservation advocates and government agencies who want to protect whales say a mobile app designed to help mariners steer clear of the animals is helping keep them alive.
- The Latest: Congressional Dems play down Clinton report Updated: May-25-16 3:09 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the State Department audit that faulted Hillary Clinton's email practices and cybersecurity (all times local):
- 6 road-trip apps to make the miles fly by Updated: May-25-16 12:36 pm
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - Hitting the road this summer? Forget Yelp and those hotel booking apps - they're useful, but boring. Instead, pack along these apps to liven things up along the way. You might even learn something.
- Huawei files lawsuits accusing Samsung of violating patents Updated: May-25-16 12:55 am
BEIJING - Chinese tech giant Huawei said Wednesday it has filed patent infringement lawsuits against South Korean mobile phone rival Samsung in the United States and China, in a case that highlights the rise of Asian competitors as technology creators.
- Clinton email probe in late stage, FBI may question her Updated: May-23-16 12:14 pm
WASHINGTON - FBI agents probing whether Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server imperiled government secrets appear close to completing their work, a process experts say will probably culminate in a sit-down with the former secretary of state.
- Advocacy groups call for stronger texting ban in Oklahoma Updated: May-22-16 1:53 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Just six months after Oklahoma's ban on texting and driving went into effect, advocacy groups are calling for even broader measures to curb distracted driving.
- Ex-aide to Gov. Martinez added back to lawsuit over emails Updated: May-21-16 3:53 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A former campaign aide to Gov. Susana Martinez has been reinstated as a defendant in a civil lawsuit over email released from the governor's hijacked email account.
- Memo: El Paso candidate sent nude photos using work email Updated: May-21-16 1:55 pm
EL PASO, Texas - A woman running for the job of El Paso's county tax assessor-collector was once punished and reprimanded for sending pornographic emails from her county work account, documents obtained by a newspaper show.
- The Latest: Google seen ahead in some areas, no so in others Updated: May-18-16 4:58 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California -
- Official: School bus driver fired for texting while driving Updated: May-17-16 6:52 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Des Moines school district has fired a school bus driver who'd been recorded texting and driving while on her route.
- Junior high student hacks into Gilbert Public Schools emails Updated: May-17-16 5:56 am
GILBERT, Arizona - A junior high school student reportedly hacked into the email system of Gilbert Public Schools and sent inappropriate messages to other students.
- More Massachusetts drivers cited for texting while driving Updated: May-16-16 9:13 am
BOSTON - State data show that the number of people getting ticketed by police for texting while driving in Massachusetts has steadily increased since it became illegal six years ago.
- YouTube tests messaging feature to keep people in its app Updated: May-13-16 4:31 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - YouTube is testing a messaging feature in its smartphone app so people can share and discuss videos without resorting to other ways to connect with their friends and family.
- Kansas officials' private emails to be subject to disclosure Updated: May-11-16 7:31 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas officials' emails about public business on private accounts or devices will be subject to public disclosure starting in July under a bill Gov. Sam Brownback signed into law Wednesday.
- FBI head says he's unfamiliar with 'security inquiry' term Updated: May-11-16 5:27 pm
WASHINGTON - FBI Director James Comey said Wednesday that he was unfamiliar with the "security inquiry" terminology the Clinton campaign sometimes uses to discuss an ongoing investigation arising from Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server as secretary of state. He also reiterated that there was no set timeline to wrap up the investigation and that he was committed to it being done well.
- EU regulator blocks takeover of UK mobile phone operator O2 Updated: May-11-16 7:31 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union's regulator has blocked the $15 billion takeover of British mobile phone operator O2 by CK Hutchison over concerns the deal would have stifled innovation and led to higher prices for consumers.
- Nokia sees drop in Q1 earnings, gives cautious outlook Updated: May-10-16 12:28 pm
HELSINKI - Nokia reported Tuesday a first-quarter net loss of 513 million euros ($584 million) due to lower demand in mobile networks and a drop in overall revenue despite its acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent. It warned of a further decline in earnings, causing the shares to plunge 7 percent.
- Grand Forks County launches app to report tips, view alerts Updated: May-09-16 5:32 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Want to give an anonymous tip to the Grand Forks County sheriff? Now, there's an app for that.
- Governor releases private emails dealing with state business Updated: May-06-16 3:14 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock has used his private email account to communicate about a wide variety of official business, from proposed legislation to his increasingly strained relationship with the former lieutenant governor, according to hundreds of pages of emails released Friday.
- Apple partners with commercial software giant SAP Updated: May-05-16 3:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple has announced a new partnership with German software giant SAP to develop mobile apps that business customers can use on iPhones and iPad tablets.
- Mobile app helps Woodburn police catch wanted suspect Updated: May-03-16 11:56 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Police in Woodburn say they have caught one of their most wanted suspects after a resident identified the man on the police department's new mobile app.
- Youngsville police reach residents with phone app, website Updated: May-03-16 8:18 am
YOUNGSVILLE, Louisiana - The Youngsville Police Department is looking to increase transparency and communication between it and the community with a smartphone application and a newly designed website.
- Washoe County sheriff's app takes illegal dumping reports Updated: Apr-30-16 6:49 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Washoe County Sheriff's Office cellphone app now allows citizens to report illegal dumping.