- Google to experiment with technology for citywide Wi-Fi Updated: Apr-16-16 1:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Google has received permission to put antennas on Kansas City light poles and other structures to test new technology that could lead to citywide wireless connectivity.
- House GOP: Schools, rural Minnesota need broadband most Updated: Apr-13-16 4:54 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - House Republicans say funding Wi-Fi hotspots for students and leveraging federal grants for broadband Internet development are the best ways to reach underserved communities in Minnesota, but Democrats argue the plan doesn't go far enough.
- Ohio initiative to help bridge digital divide, homework gap Updated: Apr-09-16 10:14 am
CLEVELAND - Daysha Higgins had a computer at home until it blew out nearly two years ago, but she's never had the internet at home
- Brocade to buy Ruckus Wireless for about $1.2 billion Updated: Apr-04-16 10:22 am
NEW YORK - Brocade said Monday that it plans to buy Ruckus Wireless for about $1.2 billion, in a deal that will help it offer Wi-Fi services to its customers.
- New communication system installed at nuclear waste dump Updated: Apr-01-16 5:56 am
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - Workers at the federal government's underground nuclear waste dump in southern New Mexico will be able to signal officials aboveground in the event of an emergency thanks to a new wireless communication system.
- Huawei 2015 profit jumps 32 percent on smartphone demand Updated: Mar-31-16 11:52 pm
BEIJING - Huawei Technologies Ltd., one of the biggest makers of telecoms equipment, said Friday its 2015 profit jumped 32 percent on strong sales of smartphones and switching gear as carriers upgraded wireless networks to 4G.