- Report: Some top baby monitors lack basic security features Updated: Sep-02-15 1:14 pm
NEW YORK - Several of the most popular Internet-connected baby monitors lack basic security features, making them vulnerable to even the most basic hacking attempts, according to a new report from a cybersecurity firm.
- Tech Tips: Windows 10 privacy settings worth checking Updated: Sep-01-15 3:13 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft's new Windows 10 system offers more personalization than before, but it also collects more data than people might be used to on PCs, from contacts and appointments to their physical location and even Wi-Fi passwords.
- South Shore testing free Wi-Fi on some cars through the fall Updated: Aug-31-15 3:52 am
CHESTERTON, Indiana - The South Shore commuter rail is making Wi-Fi available to passengers on 10 high-capacity cars that often are used at rush hour.
- Parents say school's Wi-Fi signal making son sick Updated: Aug-25-15 7:47 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - The parents of a student at a private Massachusetts school have filed a lawsuit claiming the school's Wi-Fi signal made their son sick.
- FCC: Firm pays $750K settlement for blocking Wi-Fi signals Updated: Aug-20-15 4:19 pm
CINCINNATI - A wireless Internet provider that federal regulators say blocked consumers' personal Wi-Fi signals at convention centers around the country, including Cincinnati and Columbus, must pay a $750,000 fine as part of a settlement with the government.
- Google heads down new path with 'OnHub' wireless router Updated: Aug-18-15 2:37 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google is making a Wi-Fi router as part of its ambition to provide better Internet connections that make it easier for people to access its digital services and see more of its online advertising.
- Philadelphia council wants free Wi-Fi in parks from Comcast Updated: Aug-11-15 7:42 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia City Council wants Comcast Corp. to provide free wireless Internet service to the city's prisons, recreation centers and parks.