- The Latest: Justice says he'll cooperate in email inquiry Updated: Oct-02-15 3:40 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The latest developments in the Pennsylvania attorney general's allegations that a state Supreme Court justice may have violated conduct rules because of racially offensive or misogynistic emails that were sent to him. All times local.
- Clinton private account targeted in Russia-linked email scam Updated: Oct-01-15 12:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Russia-linked hackers tried at least five times to trick Hillary Rodham Clinton into infecting her computer systems while she was secretary of state, newly released emails show. It was unclear whether she was fooled into clicking on any attachments to expose her account.
- Questions, answers about effort to hack Clinton's emails Updated: Oct-01-15 7:43 am
WASHINGTON - Russia-linked hackers tried at least five times in August 2011 to trick Hillary Rodham Clinton into infecting her computer systems while she was secretary of state, according to newly released emails from the State Department.
- New TiVo DVR will skip through entire commercial break Updated: Sep-30-15 1:42 am
NEW YORK - TiVo wants to help you skip TV commercials.
- Emails show complaints about Medicaid fraud detection system Updated: Sep-29-15 2:25 pm
HOUSTON - Former Texas health official Jack Stick tried to persuade dozens of other states to buy Austin technology company 21CT's Medicaid fraud detection system even as he privately complained that the results it produced for Texas were worth "a bucket of warm spit," according to his email messages.
- Sen. King speaks at broadband summit Updated: Sep-28-15 11:20 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Sen. Angus King says too many Mainers are being denied a "gateway to economic and educational opportunity in the 21st century" by lack of high-speed Internet in the state.
- Gov. Sam Brownback's office sends email on welfare policies Updated: Sep-25-15 6:51 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback this week sent a message criticizing government dependence and touting his own welfare reforms to supporters of his successful 2014 campaign for re-election.
- NSA Director: Private server open to spying Updated: Sep-24-15 4:37 pm
WASHINGTON - National Security Agency Director Mike Rogers says a foreign official who used a private email server to communicate would present a spying opportunity for the U.S.
- Swiss prosecutor asks FIFA to hand over Valcke's emails Updated: Sep-23-15 1:39 pm
ZURICH - FIFA has been urged by Switzerland's attorney general to hand over emails used by Jerome Valcke, its secretary general who was suspended last week.
- Oregon to pay settlement to leaker of ex-governor's email Updated: Sep-22-15 3:31 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The state technology manager who leaked former Gov. John Kitzhaber's emails to a reporter has agreed to resign in exchange for a $286,000 settlement with the state of Oregon.
- Time Warner, Verizon customers in Triangle hit by outage Updated: Sep-21-15 6:17 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Thousands of Time Warner and Verizon customers have lost their phone and internet service in the Research Triangle area.
- The Latest: 'Game of Thrones' wins best drama Emmy Updated: Sep-20-15 11:08 pm
LOS ANGELES - Here's the latest from Sunday night's 67th annual Primetime Emmy Awards at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, presented by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (all times local):
- State grant to help Carbondale business Internet service Updated: Sep-19-15 5:51 pm
CARBONDALE, Colorado - Businesses with only a few people who want to work from home in Carbondale are having problems because Internet service is limited, especially during prime business hours.
- Prison email improves communications for Vermont inmates Updated: Sep-19-15 12:30 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's prison system is rolling out special email and video visitation services for inmates, which advocates and corrections officials see as a boon but are raising concerns in some states where they are already in place about the cost to prisoners and other issues.
- Federal fund will pay $30M per year for Kentucky broadband Updated: Sep-18-15 4:06 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A fund created by the Federal Communications Commission will pay AT&T $30 million a year for the next six years to make high-speed Internet available to more than 84,000 rural Kentucky homes and businesses.
- Amazon dangles $50 tablet computer to hook more consumers Updated: Sep-17-15 11:55 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Amazon is dangling a $50 tablet computer in its latest attempt to lure consumers who can't afford or don't want the more expensive Internet-connected devices made by Apple and other rivals.
- AT&T to extend broadband to 81,000 rural Tennessee customers Updated: Sep-17-15 6:23 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - AT&T says it will expand broadband Internet connection to more than 81,000 homes and businesses in rural Tennessee within six years.
- Broadband group to test school Internet speed, plan upgrades Updated: Sep-16-15 2:18 pm
HELENA, Montana - A broadband advocacy group will test Internet speeds at Montana public schools this fall to determine places needing faster connections.
- Iowa officials defend inquiry into cost of spying software Updated: Sep-14-15 11:58 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A computer expert with Iowa's executive branch inquired about the cost of Italian-made hacking software used by intelligence and police agencies worldwide to monitor communications, a leaked email shows, but didn't buy the product.
- Clinton's email woes spin a tale about the ascendance of IT Updated: Sep-10-15 4:39 pm
WASHINGTON - One congressional committee subpoenaed him. Two others are dangling the possibility of a promise of immunity to get him to dish about Hillary Rodham Clinton's email setup.
- Ex-State Dept. worker refuses to testify on Clinton emails Updated: Sep-10-15 3:37 pm
WASHINGTON - A former State Department employee who helped set up and maintain Hillary Rodham Clinton's private email server refused to testify to a House committee Thursday, and his lawyers said he won't testify before any congressional committees.
- Pelosi: Clinton 'smart' to apologize on email server Updated: Sep-10-15 11:03 am
WASHINGTON - House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi says she has confidence in Hillary Rodham Clinton's integrity and says the Democratic presidential candidate was smart to put confront a controversy over her private email server by apologizing.
- Seeing pope in US? Pics, tweets and streaming video Updated: Sep-10-15 9:56 am
PHILADELPHIA - Pope Francis' personality is more joyful than grumpy cat, his vestments undeniably white and gold - not blue or black - and you'll never hear him say OMG or ermahgerd.
- Apple stakes new claim to living room, shows new iPhones Updated: Sep-09-15 11:42 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple staked a new claim to the living room on Wednesday, as the maker of iPhones and other hand-held gadgets unveiled an Internet TV system that's designed as a beachhead for the tech giant's broader ambitions to deliver a wide range of information, games, music and video to the home.
- Microsoft seeks to block US from accessing email overseas Updated: Sep-09-15 5:30 pm
NEW YORK - Microsoft got a chilly reaction from a federal appeals court Wednesday to its claims that the United States should not be able to touch data it stores for customers overseas.