- Philippine population growth slows as contraceptives spread Updated: May-25-16 4:43 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines' annual population growth rate has slowed as more people in the predominantly Roman Catholic country use contraception.
- Champaign among nation's faster-growing cities Updated: May-24-16 10:48 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The U.S. Census Bureau reports that Champaign is among the nation's faster-growing cities.
- Estimates shows central Indiana communities growing fastest Updated: May-22-16 4:07 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - New census estimates show the Indianapolis metropolitan area includes four of the five fastest-growing counties in Indiana and 10 of the 11 fastest-growing cities and towns with populations of at least 5,000.
- Memphis close to surrendering title as state's largest city Updated: May-19-16 5:51 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis is on the verge of losing its title as Tennessee's largest city to fast-growing Nashville, according to census estimates.
- Census ranks Glenpool as fastest growing city in Oklahoma Updated: May-19-16 4:54 pm
GLENPOOL, Oklahoma - The latest figures from the U.S. Census Bureau show that Glenpool was the fastest growing city in Oklahoma last year.
- Charleston dips below 50,000 population; 1st time since 1920 Updated: May-19-16 4:53 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia no longer has a city above 50,000 in population.
- Minot nearing 50,000 residents and 'metropolitan' status Updated: May-19-16 4:22 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - North Dakota's fourth-largest city is on the verge of "metropolitan" status.
- Census shows growth in Columbia, decline in St. Louis Updated: May-19-16 1:15 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The latest population estimates indicate Columbia has overtaken Independence as Missouri's fourth-largest city.
- US census estimates show stagnant growth in Maine population Updated: May-19-16 1:00 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - New estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau show that the population of Maine has remained stagnant, with some growth in the southern suburbs.
- Omaha suburb of Bellevue is Nebraska's fastest-growing city Updated: May-19-16 12:33 pm
BELLEVUE, Nebraska - Census figures show that the Omaha suburb of Bellevue is Nebraska's fastest-growing city.
- South Florida, Orlando, Fort Myers lead Florida's growth Updated: May-19-16 11:46 am
ORLANDO, Florida - In the years since Florida's population growth dropped to its lowest level in decades, the state's expansion has rebounded the most in inland communities in South Florida, the suburbs of Orlando and the Fort Myers area, according to figures released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Census: Iowa's largest cities making small population gains Updated: May-19-16 10:55 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The latest U.S. Census estimates show Iowa's largest cities gained in population and that the Des Moines suburb of Ankeny is among the fastest growing cities in the country.
- US Census says Seattle is 4th fastest growing large city Updated: May-19-16 10:47 am
SEATTLE - The U.S. Census says Seattle is now the fourth fastest growing among the 50 largest U.S. cities.
- New estimates show Detroit population continued its decline Updated: May-19-16 6:19 am
DETROIT - New U.S. Census Bureau estimates say Detroit's population continued its decline, knocking it off the list of the nation's 20 most populous cities.
- Census: Many counties in Florida have high uninsured rates Updated: May-14-16 1:23 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Nearly half of the counties in Florida have high numbers of uninsured adults according to new estimates released this week by the United States Census Bureau.
- Buncombe County to test new census methods Updated: May-11-16 5:14 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Buncombe County has been selected by the U.S. Census Bureau to test new methods the agency may use to conduct the 2020 Census.
- Kansas officials begin redistricting process for 2022 Updated: May-01-16 12:27 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Six years before it has to be done, state and federal officials are already talking about redistricting of congressional and legislative districts in Kansas.