- Veteran Clinton aide cites email server talks in testimony Updated: May-31-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - A veteran aide to Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said she discussed Clinton's private email server with a technical aide who helped set up and run the system, according to a court deposition released Tuesday by a conservative legal group.
- Jury sides with Google in battle over Android software Updated: May-26-16 8:54 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google's Android software just dodged a $9 billion bullet.
- Biotech firm Regeneron to take over science competition Updated: May-26-16 10:01 am
NEW YORK - A New York-based biotechnology company is the new sponsor of the 74-year-old high school science competition formerly sponsored by semiconductor maker Intel.
- Republicans blame Warner, Inslee for prisoner release error Updated: May-25-16 4:33 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A Washington state Republican Senate panel investigation casts blame at both Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee and former Department of Corrections Secretary Bernie Warner for a three-year delay in fixing an error that led to the early release of thousands of prisoners.
- HP Enterprise gets smaller by selling services division Updated: May-24-16 7:45 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hewlett Packard Enterprise is continuing to slim down by selling its business services division to competitor Computer Sciences Corp.
- Google Maps directions may soon lead you to ... more ads Updated: May-24-16 1:28 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - You might start seeing more ads when getting directions from Google's popular mapping service.
- Romania: health chiefs, Hewlett Packard probed Updated: May-23-16 3:36 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian prosecutors say nine health chiefs and tech giant Hewlett Packard are being probed on suspicion of wrongdoing in a health services contract that cost the state 16.8 million euros ($18.8 million).
- Bridgestone abandons crisis-wracked Venezuela after 62 years Updated: May-23-16 3:36 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Tire maker Bridgestone is selling its business in Venezuela after six decades in the country, the latest blue chip company to abandon the country as a result of runaway inflation and strict currency controls.
- Maine allows schools to trade in Apple iPads, laptops Updated: May-20-16 3:24 pm
AUBURN, Maine - Apple and Maine education officials are allowing school districts to trade in iPads for laptops after teachers and students say the computers are better for schoolwork.
- Quiet fall, President Sutherland and Jimmy Kimmel's old foil Updated: May-20-16 3:11 pm
NEW YORK - Something seemed missing this week when the major broadcast networks gathered advertisers to preview their new programming for the fall.
- CGI Federal's new tech center dedicated at UL-Lafayette Updated: May-18-16 1:17 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Canadian information technology company's new 50,000-square-foot technology center has been formally dedicated at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette's Research Park.
- Apple's latest innovation ... a big stake for Berkshire Updated: May-16-16 5:06 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Investors might question Warren Buffett's long-standing aversion to tech stocks after his Berkshire Hathaway bought 9.8 million shares of Apple.
- Detroit's automakers, sensing a threat, embrace mobility Updated: May-16-16 4:06 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - For Detroit, the days of simply making cars are over.
- Market-rate housing get tax breaks through state program Updated: May-14-16 2:45 pm
HILLSBORO, Oregon - The new buildings surrounding the Orenco MAX station look like they could have been airlifted from the Pearl District. The train whizzes by a public plaza where families and couples gather. Young professionals drink craft beer and watch sports on the ground floor of an apartment tower. Others eat at outdoor tables beside a French boulangerie.
- YouTube tests messaging feature to keep people in its app Updated: May-13-16 4:31 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - YouTube is testing a messaging feature in its smartphone app so people can share and discuss videos without resorting to other ways to connect with their friends and family.
- Computer company owner pleads guilty in Ky. to wire fraud Updated: May-12-16 1:32 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The U.S. Attorney's office in Louisville says the owner of a Virginia computer sales company has pleaded guilty in federal court to multiple wire fraud charges related to the theft of about $809,000.
- The Latest: Official: Prince investigators seek drug sources Updated: May-11-16 6:03 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Latest on the investigation into the death of Prince (all times local):
- Disney shutting Infinity game unit, cutting 300 jobs Updated: May-10-16 7:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - Disney said Tuesday it is shutting down its Disney Infinity line of video games, saying the changing market is too risky.
- For virtual reality makers, a new version of an old struggle Updated: May-05-16 4:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - When it comes to virtual reality, how exclusive is exclusive?
- Apple partners with commercial software giant SAP Updated: May-05-16 3:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple has announced a new partnership with German software giant SAP to develop mobile apps that business customers can use on iPhones and iPad tablets.
- Ford to invest $182M in software development company Updated: May-05-16 12:42 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Ford says it is investing $182 million in a San Francisco software development company called Pivotal.
- State delays permit for proposed coal export terminal Updated: May-04-16 2:11 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A state permit for a Plaquemines Parish coal export terminal has been put on hold.
- Court takes up tax on out-of-state companies' online sales Updated: May-03-16 2:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A likely appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court was on the minds of justices in Ohio on Tuesday as they contemplated how the state's primary business tax should apply to online sales.
- Schumer: Probe billboards using phone data to track shoppers Updated: May-01-16 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - A U.S. senator is calling for a federal investigation into an outdoor advertising company's latest effort to target billboard ads to specific consumers.