- Governor candidates back allowing local tax hikes for roads Updated: Jul-31-15 5:22 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Louisiana's four major candidates for governor told a packed audience of local elected officials Friday that they support giving municipalities more authority to raise their own taxes for roadwork.
- Online viewers won't miss Super Bowl ads shown on TV Updated: Jul-31-15 11:49 am
LOS ANGELES - Next year, you won't have to worry about missing the buzziest commercials of the Super Bowl if you can't get to a TV.
- Microsoft says 14 million computers now running Windows 10 Updated: Jul-30-15 10:34 pm
PALO ALTO, California - Microsoft says its' new Windows 10 operating system is now running on more than 14 million computers, two days after the software was released as a free download.
- IBM's Watson computing technology learns Japanese Updated: Jul-30-15 7:34 am
TOKYO - The IBM Watson super-brainy computing technology, which has helped organize massive data as well as beaten champions on the Jeopardy TV show, is now learning Japanese.
- Facebook 2Q results soar as user base, mobile ads grow Updated: Jul-29-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - Facebook is attracting advertising dollars to where its users are - on mobile devices.
- Review: 5 ways Windows 10 fixes annoyances in predecessor Updated: Jul-29-15 12:14 pm
NEW YORK - It took me just a weekend to get comfortable with Microsoft's new Windows 10 operating system, something I never did with its predecessor, Windows 8, even after nearly three years.
- Software turns smartphones into tools for medical research Updated: Jul-27-15 10:46 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Jody Kearns doesn't like to spend time obsessing about her Parkinson's disease. The 56-year-old dietitian from Syracuse, New York, had to give up bicycling because the disorder affected her balance. But she still works, drives and tries to live a normal life.
- Even Apple loyalists taking their time on Apple Watch Updated: Jul-22-15 12:02 pm
NEW YORK - For all those who hailed the iPhone as the "Jesus Phone" in 2007, the Apple Watch's arrival has hardly been the second coming.
- Strong iPhone sales; Apple stock down with few Watch details Updated: Jul-21-15 7:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple's latest financial report shows iPhone sales are still surging, driven partly by growth in China. But it also contains hints that Apple's much-vaunted smartwatch may not be selling as fast as Wall Street expected.
- Apple beats Street 3Q forecasts Updated: Jul-21-15 4:43 pm
CUPERTINO, California _ Apple Inc. (AAPL) on Tuesday reported fiscal third-quarter net income of $10.68 billion.
- CEO of Japan's Toshiba resigns over doctored books Updated: Jul-21-15 6:59 am
TOKYO - Toshiba's CEO and eight other executives resigned Tuesday to take responsibility for doctored books that inflated profits at the Japanese technology manufacturer by 152 billion yen ($1.2 billion) over several years.
- IBM beats earnings forecast as revenue falls Updated: Jul-20-15 5:37 pm
ARMONK, New York - IBM said revenue and profit fell in the second quarter, although the company managed to beat Wall Street earnings estimates by cutting costs while pursuing new business opportunities.
- Tennessee sales tax holiday August 7-9 Updated: Jul-20-15 5:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Department of Revenue wants residents across the state to remember that they can shop tax-free in Tennessee August 7 through August 9.
- United pays miles to hackers who spotted IT-system flaws Updated: Jul-16-15 4:39 pm
Two hackers have scored a million frequent-flier miles each on United Airlines for finding security holes in the airline's computer systems.
- In Tech: Comcast games, Microsoft music, HBO online Updated: Jul-16-15 4:20 pm
Comcast is adding another hook to try to keep customers in front of the TV: video games in its set-top boxes.
- Intel 2nd-quarter results surpass Wall Street estimates Updated: Jul-15-15 6:55 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Intel said Wednesday that greater demand from data centers and sales of memory products helped counteract the slumping PC market in the second quarter.
- Apple's updates iPod Touch amid declining sales Updated: Jul-15-15 2:49 pm
NEW YORK - Although the iPod's popularity has waned, Apple is updating its music player for the first time in nearly three years by giving the flagship Touch model a faster processor and better cameras.
- Nintendo's Iwata who led through successes, woes dies at 55 Updated: Jul-13-15 10:10 am
TOKYO - Satoru Iwata, who led Japanese video game company Nintendo Co. through years of growth with its Pokemon and Super Mario franchises, has died after a lengthy illness, drawing a flood of emotional tributes from game fans and industry rivals, the company said Monday. He was 55.
- Avon and Walgreens are big market movers Updated: Jul-09-15 4:23 pm
NEW YORK - Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Stock Market:
- IBM claims breakthrough in making chips even smaller Updated: Jul-09-15 2:24 pm
NEW YORK - IBM says it has achieved a breakthrough in making computer chips even smaller, creating a test version of the world's first semiconductor that shrinks down the circuitry by overcoming "one of the grand challenges" of the tech industry.
- IBM claims breakthrough in developing tiny computer chip Updated: Jul-09-15 9:43 am
NEW YORK - IBM says it has achieved a breakthrough in shrinking computer chips, creating a test version of the world's first semiconductor that shrinks down the circuitry by overcoming what's been "one of the grand challenges" of the industry.
- Microsoft cuts 7,800 jobs as phone sales flag Updated: Jul-08-15 7:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft is cutting 7,800 jobs and writing off $7.6 billion in connection with its purchase of Nokia's phone business, as the giant software maker tries to narrow its focus and pull back from a series of ill-fated forays onto rival tech companies' turf.
- SurveyMonkey names CEO to replace David Goldberg Updated: Jul-07-15 12:07 pm
PALO ALTO, California - SurveyMonkey has named a Hewlett-Packard Co. executive to take over for CEO David Goldberg, who died in May while vacationing in Mexico.
- Fishers business incubator an apparent success after 2 years Updated: Jul-07-15 9:23 am
FISHERS, Indiana - A two-year-old business incubator in Fishers is developing so many entrepreneurs that it needs a new building.