- Leon Gorman, longtime LL Bean leader, dies at 80 Updated: Sep-03-15 11:04 am
FREEPORT, Maine - Leon Gorman, a grandson of L.L. Bean who led a modernization of his family's outdoor clothing and gear retail business after the founder's death, died Thursday at his home in Yarmouth. He was 80.
- Angelle campaign takes issue with ad from pro-Vitter PAC Updated: Sep-02-15 4:41 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - An attack ad launched by a super PAC supporting David Vitter's campaign for governor says his GOP rival Scott Angelle wants to "tax the Internet" and collect $900 more a year from each Louisiana taxpayer.
- Apple aims to boost mobile device sales with Cisco's help Updated: Aug-31-15 6:10 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple is leaning on Cisco Systems' Internet networking expertise in its latest attempt to sell more iPhones and iPads to corporate customers.
- New estimate: Apple shipped 3.6 million watches last quarter Updated: Aug-27-15 3:36 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A new report estimates Apple shipped 3.6 million watches in the last quarter - more than some analysts have estimated and enough to change the competitive landscape for fitness bands and other wearable gadgets.
- Review: New phones, tablets keep Samsung at Android helm Updated: Aug-27-15 3:19 am
NEW YORK - Samsung's new smartphones and tablets might not offer enough to entice current iPhone and iPad users to switch, but they keep Samsung at the head of the class among Android gadget makers.
- Indian corporation gives $35 million to Carnegie Mellon Updated: Aug-25-15 4:01 pm
PITTSBURGH - A global information technology services firm is giving Carnegie Mellon University $35 million to fund a new research and education facility.
- UPS worker arrested for stealing pricey Apple laptop Updated: Aug-21-15 12:16 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Police say a UPS worker in north Florida took an expensive laptop computer while at work and tried to sell it online.
- HP revenue and profit slide, stock falls on weak forecast Updated: Aug-20-15 5:13 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hewlett-Packard Co. reported sales and profit fell in the last quarter, and its stock slipped further in late trading Thursday after the giant computer-maker issued a forecast for the October quarter that was lower than Wall Street expected.
- New Mexico to create medical claims database Updated: Aug-20-15 5:16 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - In hopes of making choosing health care easier, New Mexico is creating a database with detailed information for all types of medical claims.
- Google heads down new path with 'OnHub' wireless router Updated: Aug-18-15 2:37 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google is making a Wi-Fi router as part of its ambition to provide better Internet connections that make it easier for people to access its digital services and see more of its online advertising.
- Pro-Bush super PAC spending $10M-plus on initial TV campaign Updated: Aug-16-15 4:01 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The heavily funded super PAC backing Republican Jeb Bush will spend at least $10 million on television time in the earliest voting presidential primary states, the first salvo in a massive TV ad campaign to support the former Florida governor's bid for the Republican nomination.
- In a slow-growth world, technology stocks are trending again Updated: Aug-14-15 5:13 pm
NEW YORK - Technology stocks are trending big-time as investors latch on to innovative companies racing ahead in a slow-growth world.
- Apple more than doubles hiring of women and minorities Updated: Aug-13-15 8:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple says it more than doubled the numbers of women, blacks and Hispanics hired in the last year, although that barely moved the needle in terms of improving the diversity of its total workforce.
- Dell to sell Google Chromebook tailored for corporate users Updated: Aug-13-15 5:55 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google's latest Chromebook laptop will be specially designed for corporate customers in an effort to get more workers off machines powered by Microsoft's dominant Windows software.
- Cisco rises aftermarket as 4Q results top estimates Updated: Aug-12-15 6:01 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Cisco Systems posted solid fiscal fourth-quarter results Wednesday, sending the computer networking gear maker's shares higher in aftermarket trading.
- Fidelity National to buy rival SunGard Updated: Aug-12-15 1:47 pm
NEW YORK - Fidelity National Information Services is buying rival financial software company SunGard to bolster the services it can offer clients.
- McDonald's begins rollout of mobile app Updated: Aug-11-15 2:16 pm
NEW YORK - McDonald's has started rolling out its new mobile app in the U.S., and one of the main features is a loyalty program for the chain's drinks.
- Missouri, Illinois Jeep owners sue after highway hacking Updated: Aug-06-15 4:53 am
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - Car owners in Belleville and eastern Missouri have filed a federal class-action lawsuit against Fiat Chrysler and a dashboard computer manufacturer after two hackers used a laptop computer to take control of a Jeep being driven on a St. Louis highway.
- Santa Fe Opera to commission production on Steve Jobs Updated: Aug-05-15 4:23 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Since his death in 2011, Apple co-founder Steve Jobs has been the subject of documentaries, books, a film and even a graphic novel.