- 'Cartel Land' shows good and bad of vigilantes in Mexico, US Updated: Jul-02-15 5:08 pm
MEXICO CITY - The documentary "Cartel Land" opens with chilling night scenes of large-scale methamphetamine cooking in rural Mexico. What viewers later learn is how such drug production became deeply intertwined with the vigilante movement that emerged in 2013 and 2014 to oust the region's main drug cartel.
- Man challenging murder conviction because judge used drugs Updated: Jul-02-15 3:17 pm
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - A man convicted of third-degree murder in the 1977 slaying of his pregnant ex-girlfriend deserves a new trial because the judge in his case was using cocaine stolen from evidence stored in his chambers from other cases, a defense attorney said.
- School district sees drop in pot-related expulsions Updated: Jul-02-15 12:05 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - School officials in Grand Junction are crediting counseling and a campus security officer with decreasing expulsions for students caught with marijuana.
- 2 arrested, $3M worth of pot seized in City of Industry raid Updated: Jul-02-15 11:41 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County authorities say two men were arrested and $3 million worth of marijuana was seized following a raid at a warehouse in the City of Industry.
- Alfalfa County Commissioner Murrow and wife are arrested Updated: Jul-02-15 10:56 am
CHEROKEE, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has arrested Alfalfa County Commissioner Doug Murrow and his wife on drug and weapons charges.
- Police: Man tried to hid heroin bags under parked car Updated: Jul-02-15 9:31 am
ELSMERE, Delaware - A 22-year-old man is facing drug charges after police say he tried to get rid of hundreds of bags of heroin while fleeing from officers in northern Delaware.
- Doctor allegedly prescribed drugs after examining dog X-ray Updated: Jul-02-15 8:49 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County authorities have arrested a doctor they say wrote prescriptions for painkillers and other drugs to an undercover agent who showed him an X-ray of a dog.
- Authorities arrest 48 in gang-related New Jersey drug ring Updated: Jul-02-15 4:50 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities have arrested 48 people after a five-month investigation into a northern New Jersey gang-related drug ring.
- Man arrested after his 4-year-old found crying at hotel desk Updated: Jul-02-15 3:50 am
EAGAN, Minnesota - A southeastern Minnesota man has been arrested on drug and child neglect charges after authorities say his 4-year-old daughter was found wandering the hotel they were staying at in the Twin Cities area.
- Retired military dogs find new purpose in US meth wars Updated: Jul-02-15 2:16 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Five retired military dogs that spent years working in war zones are putting their noses to new uses by helping police in the U.S. combat methamphetamine and other drugs.
- DA: 12 charged in Hamptons marijuana ring Updated: Jul-01-15 10:26 pm
RIVERHEAD, New York - Prosecutors have charged a dozen people for allegedly running a marijuana trafficking ring that sent drugs from Northern California to be sold on Long Island.
- Former federal agent pleads guilty to extortion Updated: Jul-01-15 8:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A former undercover drug agent pleaded guilty Wednesday to extortion and other charges after authorities said he used his position to steal more than $700,000 in digital currency, most of it siphoned from an online drug bazaar known as Silk Road that he infiltrated as part of a federal investigation.
- Montana Supreme Court reverses police seizure of Hummer Updated: Jul-01-15 6:55 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has ruled that Missoula police were wrong to seize a Hummer titled to the mother of a murderer.
- Man who shot police chokehold video arrested on drug charges Updated: Jul-01-15 5:50 pm
NEW YORK - A man who recorded video of a white police officer applying a fatal chokehold to a black man has been arrested on drug charges, police said Wednesday.
- Driver fleeing traffic stop crashes into car; 1 dead, 4 hurt Updated: Jul-01-15 4:57 pm
PITTSBURGH - A driver with two armed passengers in his car fled a construction zone traffic stop early Wednesday, was chased by state police troopers and crashed head-on into another vehicle while trying to exit an interstate, killing himself and injuring four other people, authorities said.
- 5 people connected to pot growing operations in Butte County Updated: Jul-01-15 8:17 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Five people have been arrested in connection with commercial marijuana growing operations in Butte County.
- Judge: No probable cause in controlled drugs case Updated: Jul-01-15 7:19 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A judge has determined that two of three charges against a nurse accused of diverting drugs at a New Hampshire hospital lack the probable cause to go forward in court.
- Spain seizes 3.5 tons of cocaine, 69 arrested across Europe Updated: Jul-01-15 6:43 am
MADRID - Spanish police say they seized more than 3 tons of cocaine and broke up a major international drug trafficking gang whose leader lived in luxury in Madrid, posing as a soccer talent scout.
- Toyota's top female executive resigns after arrest in Japan Updated: Jul-01-15 5:26 am
TOKYO - Julie Hamp, Toyota's most senior female executive, has resigned following her arrest in Japan on suspicion of drug law violations, the automaker said Wednesday.
- Gulfport man pleads guilty in drug conspiracy case Updated: Jul-01-15 4:32 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Gulfport man will be sentenced in Sept. 24 after admitting to conspiring to possess cocaine with the intent to distribute it in Harrison County.
- Man gets 60 years in prison for stomping death in Hamilton Updated: Jun-30-15 11:13 pm
HAMILTON, Montana - A 26-year-old man who stomped a Hamilton man to death during an alcohol- and drug-fueled rage has been sentenced to 60 years in prison.
- N. Idaho police: Woman tried to hide heroin under burger Updated: Jun-30-15 10:19 pm
POST FALLS, Idaho - Police in the north Idaho community of Post Falls say they arrested a woman who tried to hide heroin under a half-eaten cheeseburger in the center console of her car.
- Authorities seize synthetic drugs at Madison gas stations Updated: Jun-30-15 8:56 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Search warrants say drug agents seized about 3,000 packets of synthetic marijuana from two Madison gas stations.
- New Colorado laws address homemade hash oil, cyberbullying Updated: Jun-30-15 7:58 pm
DENVER - People who make marijuana hash oil with hazardous materials at home will face felony charges in Colorado, and online bullies will be subject to penalties for harassment under new state laws taking effect Wednesday.
- Ex-Colombian paramilitary leader sentenced on drug charges Updated: Jun-30-15 6:15 pm
WASHINGTON - A former Colombian paramilitary leader convicted of federal cocaine trafficking charges will serve nearly seven more years in a U.S. prison before he is returned to his country.