- 'Dorm-room chemist' pleads guilty in college drug overdoses Updated: Nov-30-15 6:01 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A former Wesleyan University student pleaded guilty Monday to distributing drugs involved in a rash of on-campus overdoses.
- Providence man to serve 7 years on gun charge Updated: Nov-30-15 2:36 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence man with a history of felony convictions has been sentenced to seven years in federal prison for illegal possession of a firearm.
- Action plan being presented to help deal with drug abuse Updated: Nov-30-15 7:53 am
ESCANABA, Michigan - An action plan is being presented in Michigan's Upper Peninsula to deal with what officials say is a growing problem of drug addiction.
- Men face felony charges after officers discover meth lab Updated: Nov-30-15 6:20 am
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Police have charged two men who were arrested after riding in a vehicle that contained a methamphetamine lab.
- 'Fast and Furious' French trafficker arrested in Bangkok Updated: Nov-30-15 5:34 am
BANGKOK - A French drug trafficker who was part of a notorious international network that authorities say copied tactics from Hollywood's "Fast and Furious" films was arrested in Bangkok, officials said Monday.
- State representative waging battle against heroin use Updated: Nov-30-15 5:06 am
OLDENBURG, Indiana - It is a moment Rep. Cindy Ziemke will never forget: finding her 23-year-old son unconscious in the basement of her home.
- Authorities find gift-wrapped marijuana in vehicle trunk Updated: Nov-29-15 6:02 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska authorities say they seized more than 11 pounds of gift-wrapped marijuana from the trunk of a car in Lincoln.
- Experts: Pain pill addicts fueling Iowa's heroin epidemic Updated: Nov-29-15 1:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa's crackdown on prescription painkillers is pushing more abusers to heroin, spurring a deadly new wave of addictions that experts say has reached epidemic proportions.
- Police arrest 2 men, seizing a pound of marijuana, cash Updated: Nov-29-15 10:26 am
HEFLIN, Alabama - Authorities say two men have been arrested after Heflin police seized a pound of marijuana and cash following a vehicle search.
- Man arrested for driving under the influence in fatal crash Updated: Nov-29-15 2:26 am
CORAM, New York - Police say they arrested a man for driving under the influence of drugs after he crashed into a motorcyclist, killing him.
- Feds: Sheme smuggled drugs to Milwaukee in elevator parts Updated: Nov-28-15 3:59 pm
MILWAUKEE - Federal agents have disrupted a drug-dealing operation that allegedly smuggled cocaine to Milwaukee hidden inside metal elevator parts.
- Police say edible marijuana gaining popularity in Omaha Updated: Nov-28-15 2:52 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Edible products containing marijuana are becoming more common in the Omaha area, according to police.
- Treatment Court offers drug addicts opportunity outside jail Updated: Nov-28-15 2:05 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - One Gallatin County woman's drug abuse started when she was just 14 years old. No drugs were off the table.
- Methamphetamine continues to be a problem in Maine Updated: Nov-27-15 2:21 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's heroin epidemic is getting much of the attention from law enforcement officials and policymakers, but methamphetamine continues to be a persistent problem.
- Pittsburgh man pleads guilty in heroin distribution ring Updated: Nov-27-15 10:35 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - A Pittsburgh man accused of running a heroin trafficking ring has pleaded guilty to a drug charge.
- Delaware's heroin babies: Starting life in withdrawal Updated: Nov-27-15 9:01 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Katie Morgan is a heroin addict in recovery, a 29-year-old expecting a child in January.
- Traffic stop leads to arrests, drug seizures in New York Updated: Nov-27-15 8:03 am
ALPINE, New Jersey - Authorities say a traffic stop in northern New Jersey has led to the arrest of two men and the seizure of two indoor marijuana farms in New York.
- Teen killed by Chicago officer had broken, troubled family Updated: Nov-27-15 1:03 am
CHICAGO - A black teenager shot 16 times by a white Chicago police officer was a ward of the state when he died, having spent years being shuttled between different relatives' homes and foster care from the time he was 3.
- Report: Arrests for marijuana on the rise in Virginia Updated: Nov-26-15 12:43 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia has seen a sharp rise in the number of arrests for marijuana possession over the last decade, particularly among black residents, a new report says.
- 2 arrested in southern Ohio with 131 bags of marijuana Updated: Nov-26-15 11:56 am
WILMINGTON, Ohio - Deputies in Clinton County say they arrested two Columbus men who were found traveling through southern Ohio with 131 marked bags of marijuana worth more than $200,000.
- Sheriff: 2-day-old baby allegedly tests positive for meth Updated: Nov-26-15 10:08 am
PAW PAW TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities in southwestern Michigan are investigating a couple after their 2-day-old baby allegedly tested positive for methamphetamine.
- UN envoy warns Sahel youths susceptible to radicalization Updated: Nov-25-15 6:58 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Up to 41 million young people in the Sahel have bleak futures, pushing them to migrate and making them susceptible to radicalization, a U.N. envoy to the African region said Wednesday.
- Stenehjem says he doesn't endorse limits on drug informants Updated: Nov-25-15 2:51 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem says he doesn't favor a proposal that would limit law enforcement authorities from using college students as confidential informants in drug-related investigations.
- NY declares victory in Alzheimer's drug antitrust lawsuit Updated: Nov-25-15 2:20 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general is dropping an antitrust lawsuit against a drug manufacturer after his office blocked what he alleged was an attempt to force Alzheimer's patients to switch to a newer patented drug instead of cheaper generic alternatives.
- Junction City man gets life for operating cocaine ring Updated: Nov-25-15 1:02 pm
JUNCTION CITY, Kansas - A Junction City man faces life in prison for his role in a cocaine trafficking ring in northeast Kansas.