- Hospitalized suspect in Reno pill mill raid bound for jail Updated: May-27-16 7:41 pm
RENO, Nevada - A federal judge in Reno has ordered one of the key suspects in an alleged prescription drug trafficking-ring to return to the county jail when he's released from the hospital where he was taken for a medical emergency.
- 10-year sentence in 'Thunder From Down Under' case in Vegas Updated: May-27-16 6:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas man who admitted firing a gun while trying to steal costumes and props from the "Thunder From Down Under" male revue in March 2014 has been sentenced to 10 to 25 years in Nevada state prison.
- Lawrence police officer charged with extorting cocaine Updated: May-27-16 5:49 pm
BOSTON - A Lawrence police officer has been charged with attempting to use his position to extort cocaine from a drug dealer.
- Inmate escapes Montana Women's Prison in Billings Updated: May-27-16 5:44 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - An inmate serving time for drug possession and for walking away from a prerelease center has escaped from the Montana Women's Prison in Billings.
- Nixon pardons 9 people convicted of nonviolent crimes Updated: May-27-16 4:55 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon is pardoning nine people convicted of nonviolent crimes.
- Nurse suspended by state after double suicide attempt Updated: May-27-16 4:53 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A Spokane County nurse had her license suspended by the state after criminal charges were filed against her in the suicide death of her 23-year-old daughter.
- California woman pleads guilty to drug trafficking charge Updated: May-27-16 4:48 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A California woman has pleaded guilty to a drug trafficking charge in New Mexico.
- DA in Reno clears sheriff deputy in fatal Nov. 2014 shooting Updated: May-27-16 2:17 pm
RENO, Nevada - The district attorney in Reno has cleared a veteran Washoe County sheriff's deputy in the fatal shooting of a California man during an undercover drug operation in November 2014.
- Iowa couple arrested after 13-year-old found driving vehicle Updated: May-27-16 10:26 am
NEWTON, Iowa - An Iowa couple faces child endangerment and drug charges after police say they were caught riding in a vehicle driven by a 13-year-old.
- Experts: Drug in Minnesota investigation is rising problem Updated: May-27-16 8:36 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Experts say the sedatives reportedly sold and abused by University of Minnesota wrestlers aren't getting as much attention as opioids, but they are a fast-rising cause of overdoses and deaths.
- Louisiana man accused of making young boys smoke marijuana Updated: May-27-16 8:28 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Police say a Louisiana man accused of making his 8- and 10-year-old relatives smoke marijuana faces cruelty charges.
- Baton Rouge man accused of making young boys smoke marijuana Updated: May-27-16 8:12 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Police say a 29-year-old Baton Rouge man accused of making his 8- and 10-year-old relatives smoke marijuana faces cruelty charges.
- Hattiesburg doctor, second man arrested on drug charges Updated: May-27-16 7:00 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Two Hattiesburg men - one a trauma surgeon at Forrest General Hospital - have been arrested drug-related charges.
- Defense attorney accused of smoking heroin with client Updated: May-26-16 10:08 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland defense attorney has been arrested on suspicion of heroin and methamphetamine possession.
- Man pleads guilty to charge linked to Kansas student's death Updated: May-26-16 7:25 pm
PITTSBURG, Kansas - A man has pleaded guilty in southeast Kansas to a charge linked to the 2014 shooting death of a 20-year-old Pittsburg State University student.
- Law enforcement officers from US, Canada cited for drug case Updated: May-26-16 7:15 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Law enforcement officers from the United States and Canada gathered in Fargo this week for a ceremony to mark the cooperation between the two countries in an investigation into drug overdoses.
- California man pleads guilty in large Kauai meth bust Updated: May-26-16 6:42 pm
HONOLULU - A California man pleaded guilty Thursday in a federal case Kauai police say resulted in the largest amount of crystal meth seized during a single bust on the island.
- Prison guards accuse of smuggling drugs, phones to inmates Updated: May-26-16 5:33 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Federal prosecutors have charged two Delaware prison guards with smuggling drugs and cellphones to inmates at the maximum security prison in Smyrna in return for bribes.
- Indiana board extends Fort Wayne doctor's license suspension Updated: May-26-16 3:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Medical Licensing Board extended the suspension Thursday of a Fort Wayne doctor facing a felony drug charge in connection with prescriptions for addictive pain killers.
- 1 pleads, 1 balks to Pennsylvania heroin overdose deaths Updated: May-26-16 3:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - One Pennsylvania man has pleaded guilty to supplying fentanyl-laced heroin that resulted in at least two overdose deaths, but his co-defendant balked at a scheduled plea and opted to stand trial instead.
- Officials ban using, growing marijuana in Santa Fe Forest Updated: May-26-16 3:46 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Officials have issued an order banning the use, possession or storage of marijuana in the Santa Fe National Forest, though such practices were already illegal.
- Man storing 100 pounds of pot gets a year in prison Updated: May-26-16 2:47 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Connecticut man who was caught with more than 100 pounds of marijuana and $1 million cash in a storage locker he rented in Massachusetts has been sent to prison for a year.
- Wisconsin man seeks freedom in Gangster Disciples case Updated: May-26-16 2:05 pm
ATLANTA - A lawyer for a man named in a nationwide probe of Gangster Disciples gang members tried to get him released to await trial at his home in Madison, Wisconsin, where he contributes to the arts and music scenes. But a federal magistrate declined, citing the allegation that he was involved in a carjacking in Georgia.
- Police investigate Minnesota wrestlers amid drug allegations Updated: May-26-16 1:43 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The University of Minnesota police department is investigating allegations that several Golden Gophers wrestlers have been involved in selling and using drugs.
- 4 people face charges in meth lab bust in Huron home Updated: May-26-16 12:28 pm
HURON, South Dakota - Authorities have charged four people in connection with a meth lab discovered in a Huron home.