- Kansas lobbyist concerned with state handling of foster care Updated: Nov-23-15 5:27 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A lobbyist for a Kansas police association has expressed concerns over the way state social workers handle foster care.
- UW alumni tells parents how to lobby on campus carry Updated: Nov-20-15 3:49 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin-Madison alumni group has sent an email to parents of current students telling them how to lobby on a bill that would allow concealed weapons in campus building.
- Ohio probes whether Wright University violated lobbying laws Updated: Nov-19-15 10:49 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's attorney general is investigating whether Wright State University and its consultant violated state lobbying laws when the school paid him about $2 million without a state board's prior approval.
- Fantasy sports lobbyist says games don't qualify as gambling Updated: Nov-18-15 8:09 pm
DEADWOOD, South Dakota - Speaking before state regulators in the historic gambling town of Deadwood on Wednesday, a representative of daily fantasy sports operators under scrutiny nationwide said the industry wants to make it clear: The contests don't constitute gambling under South Dakota law.
- Courting business, Obama presses for climate action in Asia Updated: Nov-18-15 8:49 am
MANILA, Philippines - Aggressive action to fight climate change will be a boon for businesses in Asia and beyond, President Barack Obama is asserting as he reaches for a global climate change agreement he hopes will burnish his environmental legacy.
- Lobbyists outdo San Jose officials at reporting meetings Updated: Nov-08-15 12:22 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Elected officials in the tech hub of San Jose are falling short when it comes to disclosing meetings with lobbyists, the San Jose Mercury News says.
- Leader of civil rights movement's lobbying arm to step down Updated: Nov-04-15 1:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The longtime head of an organization considered the lobbying arm of the civil rights movement announced Wednesday that he will step down at the end of 2016, citing a generational shift within the movement and saying it's time for make room for new leaders.
- Oil companies ramped up lobbying to block California mandate Updated: Nov-02-15 6:27 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Lobbying reports show the major group representing oil companies in California ramped up spending this fall ahead of a crucial vote on climate change legislation.
- Folly Beach hiring lobbyist to help with coastal issues Updated: Nov-02-15 10:54 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Folly Beach City Council has voted to hire a lobbyist to tell state lawmakers about the importance of the coast to the state's economy and about the city's ongoing battle with beach erosion.
- NY to mandate meningitis vaccines for 7th, 12th-graders Updated: Oct-29-15 5:06 pm
ALBANY, New York - Lindsay Jerdo was an 18-year-old with a cat named Socks and a new job at a ski resort when she came down with a headache a few days before Christmas 2001. She had meningitis, and 36 hours later, she was dead.