- Board sends lobbyist contribution question to Legislature Updated: Sep-01-15 5:50 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin election officials asked the Legislature on Tuesday to address whether lobbyists can make contributions to Republican Gov. Scott Walker's presidential candidate and when donations could start.
- Missouri ethics panel says lobbyist-bought meal misreported Updated: Aug-31-15 3:23 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Several Missouri lobbyists likely broke state laws requiring that they name the lawmakers they buy meals for when they first reported a steakhouse dinner at a conservative legislative policy meeting, according to a report by the state's ethics panel.
- David Stanley, former Iowa lawmaker, dies Updated: Aug-27-15 6:29 pm
MUSCATINE, Iowa - David Stanley, a former Iowa lawmaker who helped start a tax reduction lobbying group, has died.
- Lab manager settles lobbying claims with $4.8M payment Updated: Aug-24-15 3:32 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The managers of one of the nation's premier federal laboratories have agreed to pay nearly $4.8 million to settle allegations of improperly using taxpayer funds to influence members of Congress and others to extend the lab's $2.4 billion management contract.
- Report: Madigan spokesman has lucrative outside deals Updated: Aug-23-15 1:40 pm
CHICAGO - The top aide to powerful Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan is a contract employee with outside clients who depend on Madigan and the Legislature for funding, according to a published report.
- SeaWorld spends more on lobbying in face of bad publicity Updated: Aug-23-15 11:02 am
ORLANDO, Florida - SeaWorld's spending on federal lobbying has surged in the face of bad publicity and calls for tougher restrictions on marine parks and aquariums.
- Dominion's donations partially subsidized by its customers Updated: Aug-22-15 12:29 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia residents have been billed tens of thousands of dollars to pay for donations the state's most powerful electricity company has made to politically connected charities, according to company records obtained by The Associated Press.
- Indiana enlists NRA to train Guard on firearms Updated: Aug-21-15 4:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The National Rifle Association has been instructing Indiana's National Guard members on how to use concealed weapons after Republican Gov. Mike Pence directed the state's military bases and training centers to beef up security in response to recent attacks in Tennessee.
- Bucks spent most lobbying Wisconsin lawmakers through June Updated: Aug-21-15 1:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Milwaukee Bucks spent more money lobbying the Wisconsin Legislature than any other organization during the first half of the year, as the NBA team was pushing for approval of a new basketball arena.
- Bucks spent most on lobbying state lawmakers through June Updated: Aug-21-15 1:52 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Milwaukee Bucks spent more money lobbying the Wisconsin Legislature than any other organization during the first half of the year, as the NBA team was pushing for approval of a new basketball arena, a report released Friday showed.
- Ex-Missouri Sen. Dempsey joins Gate Way Group lobbying firm Updated: Aug-12-15 6:15 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's former top senator has taken a new job with a St. Louis-based lobbying firm.
- Secretary of state seeks overhaul of RI lobbying statutes Updated: Aug-12-15 10:56 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's secretary of state says she faces a "Catch-22" situation: She's supposed to enforce the state's lobbying laws, but she can't always figure out who's a lobbyist.
- Kansas Capitol vendor says he can't compete with lobbyists Updated: Aug-11-15 4:50 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A vendor said he's quitting after providing concessions for 39 years at the Kansas Statehouse because he can't compete against the free food lobbyists provide for lawmakers during the sessions.
- NY advocacy groups may appeal after bid to hide donors fails Updated: Aug-06-15 5:15 pm
ALBANY. N.Y. - Two political advocacy groups are considering a legal appeal after a New York state ethics board rejected their request to shield major donors from public disclosure.
- Obama, Netanyahu make dueling appeals on Iran to US Jews Updated: Aug-04-15 8:49 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made dueling appeals to the American Jewish community Tuesday as they sought to rally support for their opposing positions on the Iranian nuclear deal.
- News Guide: A look at the Iran nuclear deal and Congress Updated: Aug-04-15 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress' vote on the international accord to curb Iran's nuclear program in exchange for billions of dollars in sanction relief stands as the most crucial national security decision since lawmakers voted in 2002 to authorize the invasion of Iraq.
- Lobbying effort adds 22 nonstop flights to Indianapolis Updated: Aug-02-15 10:50 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis International Airport has gained 22 nonstop flights in the past year, nearly doubling its previous offerings, thanks to a coalition lobbying airlines to add more of those flights to important business destinations around the country. The airport now offers 41 nonstop flights, more than it has had since Indianapolis-based ATA Airlines folded and other airlines started a wave of consolidation six years ago, Indianapolis Business Journal (http://bit.ly/1geAS5t ) reported.