- Tunisian democracy group wins Nobel Peace Prize Updated: Oct-09-15 9:57 am
OSLO, Norway - A coalition of Tunisian workers, business owners, rights activists and lawyers won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for intervening at a crucial time to push the North African country that sparked the Arab Spring revolutions toward democracy and away from civil war.
- White House honoring U. of Michigan research scientist Updated: Oct-09-15 6:53 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A research scientist at the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute is being honored by the White House for his work.
- Trio wins Nobel Prize for mapping how cells fix DNA damage Updated: Oct-07-15 9:35 pm
STOCKHOLM - Tomas Lindahl was eating his breakfast in England on Wednesday when the call came - ostensibly, from the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. It occurred to him that this might be a hoax, but then the caller started speaking Swedish.
- AP Interview: Secret project wins Chinese scientist a Nobel Updated: Oct-07-15 8:40 pm
BEIJING - The time could not have been more hostile for Chinese scientists. Research came to a virtual halt and intellectuals were routinely persecuted. But Tu Youyou, then a 39-year-old researcher, was summoned to join a secretive military project during the Cultural Revolution to find a cure for malaria for soldiers in North Vietnam.
- Nobel Prize for key discoveries about subatomic particles Updated: Oct-06-15 4:16 pm
STOCKHOLM - Two scientists won the Nobel Prize in physics Tuesday for key discoveries about a cosmic particle that whizzes through space at nearly the speed of light, passing easily through Earth and even your body.
- The Latest: Discovery on golf course inspired Nobel winner Updated: Oct-05-15 8:47 am
STOCKHOLM - Latest developments in the announcement of the Nobel Prize in Medicine (all times local):
- 3 upstate NY school districts win high-tech innovation award Updated: Sep-29-15 4:05 pm
ALBANY, New York - Three school districts from upstate New York are receiving $5,000 apiece for coming up with innovative ways to prepare students for careers in high-tech jobs.
- Couple ordered to pay $10 million for stealing trade secrets Updated: Sep-23-15 1:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - A judge has ordered a former employee of a mid-Missouri tech firm and his wife to pay $10 million for stealing trade secrets and partnering with a Chinese firm to sell knockoff products to unsuspecting buyers, including the U.S. Navy.
- National Science Foundation awards $3 million to MSU Updated: Sep-21-15 6:55 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - The National Science Foundation will award Montana State University a $3 million grant to expand its nanotechnology center.
- DRI's Nevada Medal to ex-Navy pilot turned drone researcher Updated: Sep-19-15 12:52 pm
RENO, Nevada - The newest winner of a prestigious scientific award at Nevada's Desert Research Institute is a former military pilot and pioneer in the research of drones who was told a decade ago she was wasting her time studying unmanned aerial systems.