- Central Arkansas veteran hospitals decrease some wait times Updated: Aug-27-15 6:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System has hired more staff, streamlined services and decreased wait times for several types of medical appointments by as much as 12 days on average.
- Judge says Arizona Medicaid plan hospital fee constitutional Updated: Aug-26-15 6:41 pm
PHOENIX - A judge ruled Wednesday that a hospital assessment that pays for the expansion of the state's Medicaid program did not require a supermajority vote of the Legislature to be enacted and is therefore constitutional.
- Survey shows drop in Ohio's uninsured rate after health law Updated: Aug-20-15 4:19 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A new survey shows that Ohio's uninsured rates for children and adults have each dropped by about half since 2012.
- Homeless Picnic promotes primary care Updated: Aug-15-15 12:33 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - At this summer picnic, free hot dogs and hamburgers for the guests can lead to free blood-pressure checks and diabetes screenings - which can actually save dollars and cents for the sponsors.
- Connecticut requires infertility coverage for older patients Updated: Aug-15-15 10:56 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - People over 40 who still hope to become parents in Connecticut may soon have the cost of infertility treatments covered by their insurance company.
- Health law sign-ups keep growing; uninsured rate declines Updated: Aug-13-15 5:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Nearly a million people signed up for health insurance under President Barack Obama's law even after the official enrollment season ended, helping push the share of uninsured Americans below 10 percent and underscoring how hard it could be for Republicans to dismantle the program.
- AG Healey remains strong backer of Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-13-15 4:10 pm
BOSTON - The renewed national focus on Planned Parenthood is highlighting Attorney General Maura Healey's strong support of the group.
- House veterans chairman: VA should fire bad workers faster Updated: Aug-10-15 5:52 pm
DENVER - The chairman of the House Veterans Affairs Committee said Monday the troubled VA should fire problem employees faster and that Congress should make it easier for the entire government to dismiss bad workers.
- Accessing care especially difficult for Latinos on Medi-Cal Updated: Aug-08-15 1:55 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Miriam Uribe enrolled in California's low-income health insurance program last November, and she still hasn't found a primary care doctor 10 months later who could see her.
- Governor to cut state Medicaid money to Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-06-15 6:24 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley said Thursday that he is cutting off state Medicaid payments to Planned Parenthood in the face of undercover videos shot by anti-abortion activists that implied the group was selling fetal tissue to researchers.
- Delaware decides against state health insurance exchange Updated: Aug-06-15 3:50 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware officials have decided not to develop the state's own health insurance exchange under the Affordable Care Act and instead will keep the current federal partnership model.
- Chicago moving to allow coverage of sex change surgery Updated: Aug-06-15 3:17 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced plans on Wednesday to allow sex reassignment surgery for the city's employees as part of their health benefits package.
- State: Number of uninsured Montanans continues to decline Updated: Aug-05-15 3:35 pm
HELENA, Montana - State officials say 15 percent of Montanans lack health insurance, down from 20 percent two years ago.
- Officials: Biloxi VA improving access, wait times still high Updated: Aug-04-15 4:06 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - Veterans Administration officials say wait times at the Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System in Biloxi still lag significantly behind the national average, but they attributed the difference to a sharp increase in veterans seeking care.
- Jindal canceling state contracts with Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-03-15 6:13 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration announced Monday that Louisiana is ousting Planned Parenthood from its Medicaid program.