- Bike tour to visit Katrina breach sites Updated: May-15-15 4:09 am
NEW ORLEANS - A New Orleans advocacy group is getting ready for its fourth annual bicycle tour calling attention to the catastrophic flooding that hit the city when Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005.
- US must make plans known in Katrina flood suit by Aug. 10 Updated: May-14-15 4:12 am
NEW ORLEANS - A federal judge in Washington has given U.S. government attorneys until Aug. 10 to say what their next step will be, now that the government has been ruled responsible for some of the flooding that followed Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
- Book on hospital after Hurricane Katrina wins $10,000 award Updated: May-13-15 4:04 pm
NEW YORK - An author whose book "Five Days at Memorial" tells of a New Orleans hospital after Hurricane Katrina has won a $10,000 prize for nonfiction.
- Work to start this summer on nature center closed by Katrina Updated: May-05-15 7:28 am
NEW ORLEANS - Work will begin this summer toward reopening an 86-acre eastern New Orleans nature center closed since Hurricane Katrina, the Audubon Nature Institute says.
- Nonstop flights boost Lakefront Airport expansion plans Updated: May-04-15 7:20 am
NEW ORLEANS - Southern Airways is bringing back nonstop flights between New Orleans' smaller airport and both Memphis, Tennessee, and Destin, Florida.