- Flooding flushes oil, chemicals into Texas rivers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:57 pm
EL PASO, Texas - Recent floods across Texas have inundated oil wells and fracking sites, flushing crude oil and toxic fracking chemicals into the state's rivers.
- Officials: Collapsed Kenyan building had no occupancy permit Updated: Apr-30-16 3:34 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A building that collapsed amid heavy rains in Nairobi, killing at least 12 people and injuring at least 134, did not have an occupancy permit, officials said Saturday as they ordered its owner to turn himself in.
- Woman, 4 grandchildren killed in East Texas flooding Updated: Apr-30-16 3:18 pm
PALESTINE, Texas - A 64-year-old woman and four grandchildren were killed early Saturday after a creek overflowed its banks, flooding an East Texas neighborhood as many residents slept.
- The Latest: Bodies of East Texas flood victims identified Updated: Apr-30-16 2:28 pm
PALESTINE, Texas - The Latest on Texas flooding (all times local):
- Flooding leaves behind sand, debris in Illinois county Updated: Apr-30-16 10:16 am
MILLER CITY, Illinois - Early-winter flooding that affected several Illinois counties has left behind a scarred landscape in Alexander County in southern Illinois.
- Kenya police: 7 confirmed dead in building collapse Updated: Apr-30-16 3:19 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Police in Nairobi say that seven people have been confirmed dead in the collapse of a residential building in a low-income area of the capital.
- Argentina floods swamp soy crop; some must commute by boat Updated: Apr-29-16 7:20 pm
VILLA PARANACITO, Argentina - Water levels in the flooded town of Villa Paranacito have risen so much that the best way for residents to commute is by boat.
- Senate passes $40M aid bill for flood-devastated farmers Updated: Apr-28-16 5:13 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Senate has approved a bill providing $40 million to South Carolina farmers devastated by last fall's flooding.
- Heavy rain floods some homes on Mississippi Gulf Coast Updated: Apr-28-16 3:18 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The mayor of Gulfport, Mississippi, has declared a state of emergency because of heavy rain and widespread flooding in the largest city on the state's Gulf Coast.
- Flood warnings issued for northwest Iowa rivers Updated: Apr-28-16 8:51 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Heavy rainfall over the past two days in northwest Iowa has swollen area rivers with storm runoff.
- Body of woman who backed car into Texas pond found Updated: Apr-27-16 1:14 pm
HOUSTON - Officials have recovered the body of a 23-year-old woman who they say was missing after reversing her vehicle into a Southeast Texas retention pond as she tried to turn around to avoid floodwaters.
- Group says Honolulu rail at risk of flood damage Updated: Apr-27-16 10:43 am
HONOLULU - A group of residents is prepared to take Honolulu officials to court over the city's multibillion-dollar rail project because of concerns that the rail could be vulnerable to flood damage.
- Forecasters warn of Missouri flooding after spring storm Updated: Apr-27-16 8:34 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Several Missouri communities are experiencing minor to moderate flooding after a spring storm swept through the state.
- Flooding causes $4,000 in damage at Wahpeton High School Updated: Apr-27-16 7:03 am
WAHPETON, North Dakota - Flooding caused an estimated $4,000 in damage to Wahpeton High School.
- City Park's lagoons to act as storage areas for rainwaters Updated: Apr-26-16 4:08 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A weir is being built in City Park to make the park's lagoons storage areas for floodwaters and to protect a championship-level golf course under construction there.
- Horse rescues draw attention in deadly Houston-area storms Updated: Apr-26-16 11:51 am
HOUSTON - Darolyn Butler spent about 18 hours in and out of the swirling floodwaters of Cypress Creek last Monday, April 18, trying to rescue 75 drowning horses in her care.
- Texas and Louisiana residents sue dam operator over flooding Updated: Apr-25-16 9:11 pm
BEAUMONT, Texas - Nearly 240 Texas and Louisiana residents have sued the Sabine River Authority over March flooding that inundated hundreds of homes and closed Interstate 10.
- Obama declares disaster in 4 Texas counties Updated: Apr-25-16 6:38 pm
HOUSTON - President Barack Obama has declared a major disaster in four Texas counties, including the county where Houston is located, that suffered severe flooding after heavy rainfall last week.
- Chinese state media say 11 missing after coal mine floods Updated: Apr-25-16 1:44 am
BEIJING - A coal mine flooded in northern China on Monday, leaving 11 miners missing, state media reported.
- Families displaced by Houston flooding get temporary housing Updated: Apr-23-16 12:55 pm
HOUSTON - Officials in Houston have closed the last of the city's shelters and moved more than 150 families into temporary housing following the torrential rains that claimed eight lives and displaced thousands of people in the region.
- Flood mapping tools to help Big Sioux River Basin residents Updated: Apr-23-16 12:00 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The state of South Dakota is working on new online flood mapping tools for the Big Sioux River Basin.
- 6 months after floods, 250 Horry County homes need work Updated: Apr-23-16 10:29 am
CONWAY, South Carolina - Leaders of nonprofit groups in Horry County say that, six months after historic rains inundated South Carolina, volunteers are needed to help repair hundreds of homes in the county.
- Fish hatchery hit with flood-borne 'rock snot' to reopen Updated: Apr-23-16 10:21 am
BETHEL, Vermont - Almost five years after raging flood waters heavily damaged the White River National Fish Hatchery in the Vermont town of Bethel, contaminating tens of thousands of surviving trout and salmon with an invasive algae known as rock snot, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is ready to start raising fish there again.
- Damage estimates for Houston-area flooding on the rise Updated: Apr-22-16 4:49 pm
HOUSTON - Widespread flooding that's claimed eight lives and displaced thousands of people in the Houston area has caused more than $14 million in damage and inundated more than 1,700 homes - figures that authorities said Friday will increase significantly as floodwaters recede and inspectors get a closer look at ravaged neighborhoods.
- Flooding drops Congaree National Park visitors by 27 percent Updated: Apr-22-16 12:59 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Historic flooding in October led to a steep decline in attendance at South Carolina's only national park.