- Review board says cops had no right to arrest NBA player Updated: Nov-24-15 6:47 am
NEW YORK - New York City's Civilian Complaint Review Board says police had no right to arrest Atlanta Hawks' player Thabo Sefolosha (TAH'-boh sehf-ah-LOH'-shuh) outside a trendy nightclub in April.
- At 18, Lydia Ko's dominance may just be beginning Updated: Nov-23-15 12:51 pm
NAPLES, Florida - Lydia Ko had just been handed a $1 million bonus for the second consecutive year, and the first thing she thought about buying with those newfound additional riches was a new phone.
- Column: DraftKings, FanDuel wrong for now, but on right side Updated: Nov-20-15 4:54 pm
Say goodbye to all those annoying commercials.
- Officials break ground on renovations for Nassau Coliseum Updated: Nov-05-15 6:41 pm
MINEOLA, New York - Using a large sledgehammer, Nassau County Executive Edward Mangano and developer Bruce Ratner smashed a hole in the wall of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Thursday, officially starting the renovation of the former home of the New York Islanders.
- La Liga goes abroad to try to keep pace with Premier League Updated: Nov-01-15 11:24 pm
MADRID - Spain's main soccer league is fighting back against the commercial domination of England's Premier League and is embarking on an aggressive international drive to introduce its top stars and traditional clubs to a greater audience.
- Clippers G Austin Rivers fined by NBA Updated: Oct-29-15 10:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Clippers guard Austin Rivers was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Thursday, following an incident in which he hit a seat cushion that flew into the stands and hit a fan.
- Pontiac Silverdome will come down in 2016 Updated: Oct-29-15 7:02 pm
PONTIAC, Michigan - The Pontiac Silverdome, a suburban Detroit stadium with an inflatable roof that was the home of the NFL's Detroit Lions for more than 25 years, will be demolished.
- LSU hoping Simmons, Blakeney make Tigers an SEC power Updated: Oct-29-15 6:40 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - When Ben Simmons and Antonio Blakeney arrive at the front doors of LSU's basketball practice courts, the freshmen pass by a bronze statue of Shaquille O'Neal throwing down a two-handed dunk.
- Vanderbilt Commodores eager to work, show how they've grown Updated: Oct-29-15 2:27 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Vanderbilt Commodores have heard all the talk about how they should be a very good team this season. They're doing their best to tune out all that chatter and prove how quickly they've grown up.
- Florida Preview Capsule Updated: Oct-29-15 12:13 pm