- Hield scores 17 as Durant watches; No. 1 Oklahoma beats TCU Updated: Feb-02-16 11:29 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Buddy Hield was just the second-best scorer in the building Tuesday night.
- Pistons' owner pledges $10M to help resolve Flint water woes Updated: Jan-28-16 4:33 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Tom Gores, a Flint native and owner of the Detroit Pistons, is pledging to raise $10 million to address the short- and long-term needs of his Michigan hometown, where the drinking water is contaminated with lead.
- JPMorgan Chase buys naming rights for future Warriors arena Updated: Jan-28-16 3:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Golden State Warriors President Rick Welts says the team has reached a naming-rights deal with JPMorgan Chase for a new arena to be built in San Francisco.
- Big 2nd half lifts No. 7 Xavier over No. 10 Providence 75-68 Updated: Jan-27-16 12:01 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - It's been a long time since Xavier was able to earn a Top 10 victory away from home.
- Quarterman, Simmons lead LSU past Alabama, 72-70 Updated: Jan-23-16 5:10 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Tim Quarterman finished what Ben Simmons started for LSU.
- Irish lose Jackson but still beat Boston College 76-49 Updated: Jan-23-16 3:10 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - When Notre Dame's best player went down, Saturday afternoon, the Irish were prepared.
- Capitals, Wizards home games postponed because of blizzard Updated: Jan-22-16 2:18 pm
WASHINGTON - The NHL's Capitals and NBA's Wizards each had a home game postponed because of the blizzard hitting the Washington area.
- Ex-NBA player Tate George sentenced to 9 years for fraud Updated: Jan-21-16 6:23 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Former NBA player and University of Connecticut star Tate George was sentenced in a New Jersey federal court Thursday to nine years in prison for running a real estate Ponzi scheme.
- Closed-door appeal court arguments held on Benson competency Updated: Jan-21-16 5:11 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The daughter and grandchildren of 88-year-old Tom Benson went to a Louisiana appeal court Thursday with their fight to have the owner of the NFL's Saints and the NBA's Pelicans declared legally incompetent.
- The Latest: No immediate ruling in Benson competency case Updated: Jan-21-16 3:53 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The latest in the effort by the daughter and grandchildren of Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson to reverse a judge's ruling that Benson is competent to run business empire. All times are local:
- GW women's basketball moves game to Friday to avoid storm Updated: Jan-21-16 2:53 pm
WASHINGTON - George Washington's women's basketball game against visiting George Mason has been moved to Friday at noon instead of Saturday in hopes of avoiding the heavy snowstorm that is forecast for the area.
- Dickerson, Everett see stars lining up for Rams in LA return Updated: Jan-18-16 7:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - Eric Dickerson can't wait to take his two youngest children to their first Los Angeles Rams game this fall alongside the same fans who cheered him to the greatest single-season rushing performance in NFL history.
- Mickey Loomis says his GM role with Saints won't change Updated: Jan-14-16 6:36 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said he will retain all of his usual duties with the football team in 2016 and that Drew Brees will be back next season whether the star quarterback's contract changes or not.
- Drake, Kevin Hart to coach NBA All-Star Celebrity Game Updated: Jan-14-16 11:16 am
LOS ANGELES - Drake is facing off against Kevin Hart on the court.
- No. 6 Villanova tops Marquette, stays unbeaten in Big East Updated: Jan-14-16 12:05 am
VILLANOVA, Pennsylvania - Villanova pulled away from Marquette late and just may be running away early with the Big East.
- Heat Check: How teams in final Top 25 look for next season Updated: Jan-12-16 4:22 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - It's a pretty simple formula. If you want to win a national championship, have Nick Saban or Urban Meyer coach your team.
- Prosecutors won't charge Odom after Nevada brothel weekend Updated: Jan-11-16 3:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - Lamar Odom won't be charged with any drug counts after the former NBA star was found unconscious last year at a Nevada brothel with cocaine in his system, prosecutors said Monday.
- Calipari: 'I plan on being at Kentucky for a long time' Updated: Jan-11-16 3:09 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky coach John Calipari says he's not talking with "ANYBODY" about an NBA coaching job and plans on being with the Wildcats for a long time.
- Phoenix area enhancing its reputation as major sports mecca Updated: Jan-11-16 2:30 am
PHOENIX - College football fans were greeted by rain and chilly temperatures this week, a rarity in the Valley of the Sun this time of year. It did little to dull the buildup to Monday's national championship game between Alabama and Clemson.