- Official says Cedar Mountain wildfire caused by 2 juveniles Updated: Sep-01-15 9:44 pm
CODY, Wyoming - A Wyoming official says two juveniles playing with fire sparked a blaze on Cedar Mountain that burned 145 acres over the weekend.
- Fort Carson team in Washington state to battle wildfires Updated: Sep-01-15 7:34 pm
FORT CARSON, Colorado - Six Fort Carson civilian firefighters are in Washington state to help battle wildfires.
- Evacuation lifted for homes near Salt Lake City suburb fire Updated: Sep-01-15 6:17 pm
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah - Authorities lifted an evacuation notice Tuesday afternoon for 30 homes bordering a brush fire that was burning near the mouth of a Salt Lake City-area canyon.
- Favorable weather conditions help Washington firefighters Updated: Sep-01-15 6:15 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Lower temperatures and higher humidity helped firefighters Tuesday as they tried to control giant wildfires burning in north-central Washington.
- Wildfires expand in northern and west-central Idaho Updated: Sep-01-15 5:15 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Evacuation notices of various levels remain in effect in west-central Idaho, where a wildfire burning in timber expanded by 20 square miles in a day to 143 square miles by Tuesday afternoon.
- Early-morning blaze rips through Vermont firehouse Updated: Sep-01-15 4:04 pm
RANDOLPH, Vermont - Officials say an early-morning blaze severely damaged a Vermont fire station and destroyed at least one engine.
- Man facing charge in fire that burned 3 homes Updated: Sep-01-15 1:55 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A man suspected of dropping a cigarette and causing a fire that burned at least three homes in August is facing a charge in Flathead County.
- Fire starters only pay small fraction of firefighting costs Updated: Sep-01-15 1:52 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Forestry officials say a potential multi-million dollar claim against a Douglas County resident believed to have accidentally started the Stouts Creek fire is still under consideration. While no one expects to collect anything close to the cost of the fire - currently estimated at more than $36 million - the state will pursue damages in cases involving negligence or criminal conduct.
- Court hearings postponed for Civic Stadium arson suspects Updated: Sep-01-15 1:42 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Court hearings have been postponed for four youths charged with arson for allegedly causing the June 29 Civic Stadium fire.
- Officials: woman, 2 children dead in Florida fire Updated: Sep-01-15 12:43 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Authorities in Tampa, Florida say a woman and two children died and a third child was injured in an early morning house fire.
- Crews make good progress on large wildfire near John Day Updated: Sep-01-15 10:35 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Evacuation warnings remain for those threatened by a wildfire south of John Day, but mild weather helped crews fighting the blaze that has burned 165 square miles and destroyed 43 homes.
- Rioters rampage against residence law in northeast India Updated: Sep-01-15 9:59 am
GAUHATI, India - Rioters set fire to the homes of seven lawmakers during a rampage to protest new legislation defining who can claim to be from the northeastern Indian state of Manipur, police said Tuesday.
- Blaze at Los Angeles marijuana dispensary began with blast Updated: Sep-01-15 9:14 am
LOS ANGELES - Arson investigators are on the scene of a large fire at a marijuana dispensary in downtown Los Angeles that authorities say began with a loud explosion.
- 1 dead, 2 injured after house fire in Freeport Updated: Sep-01-15 9:08 am
FREEPORT, Minnesota - One person is dead and two others were treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Freeport.
- Pacific Crest Trail now open through Crater Lake park Updated: Sep-01-15 9:03 am
CRATER LAKE NATIONAL PARK, Oregon - The entire length of the Pacific Crest Trail within Oregon's Crater Lake National Park is now open.
- Kansas City police say man's death is homicide Updated: Sep-01-15 8:32 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police say the death of a 61-year-old man whose body was found in a burning home has been ruled a homicide.
- Police identify 2 men killed in vehicle crash at tire shop Updated: Sep-01-15 7:52 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Police have identified two men who were found dead in a vehicle after it crashed into a Green Bay tire shop.
- Teen dies, woman injured in suburban Detroit house fire Updated: Sep-01-15 7:22 am
WARREN, Michigan - Authorities say a 17-year-old girl has died in a house fire north of Detroit.
- 2 suffer minor injuries in Hilton Head Island boat fire Updated: Sep-01-15 7:13 am
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina - Officials say two people suffered minor injuries in a boat fire at Shelter Cove Marina on Hilton Head Island.
- Farm fire causes $1.7M in damage Updated: Sep-01-15 6:52 am
UPPER BERN, Pennsylvania - Investigators are trying to determine what sparked a Pennsylvania chicken farm fire in which 70,000 birds were saved.
- EXCHANGE: Sycamore family ponders future after loss of barn Updated: Sep-01-15 6:35 am
SYCAMORE, Illinois - Keith Elliott used to look at his Old State Road farm property every morning and see the red barn that had been passed down for five generations.
- State fire crews too busy to test drones over wildfires Updated: Sep-01-15 5:37 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - State fire officials say they have not had time to test drones over the major fires in Okanogan County, though federal officials did fly some over a more remote fire in Olympia National Park.
- Officials: Fire kills 2 pets, displaces several people Updated: Sep-01-15 3:26 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - Fire officials say a dog and cat were killed and at least eight people were displaced in a fire at a Vermont apartment house.
- Teen admits to causing fire that prompted schools closures Updated: Sep-01-15 12:43 am
SANTA CRUZ, California - Officials say an early-morning fire that damaged two Northern California schools and a police substation was started by a teenager who placed smoldering ashes from a cardboard box in a trash can.
- 2 dead as antique car hits tree, catches fire east of LA Updated: Aug-31-15 11:31 pm
TEMPLE CITY, California - Authorities say two people are dead after their antique car hit a tree in a suburb east of Los Angeles.