- Air Force training mission starts brush fire in Arivaca Updated: Feb-08-16 9:12 pm
ARIVACA, Arizona - Authorities are trying to contain a large brush fire near the southern Arizona town of Arivaca that reportedly was started by accident by a Davis-Monthan Air Force Base airman.
- Santa Anas bring heat, fire danger to Southern California Updated: Feb-08-16 8:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - Gusty Santa Ana winds blew through mountains and valleys of Southern California again Monday, raising temperatures to levels more like summer than winter and increasing the risk of wildfires as humidity levels fell.
- Firefighters battling grass fires across central Oklahoma Updated: Feb-08-16 7:22 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Firefighters are battling wind-blown grass fires across central Oklahoma, including a fire that has forced partial closure of a busy turnpike.
- Woman dies, man injured in Knoxville house fire Updated: Feb-08-16 6:13 pm
KNOXVILLE, Iowa - A Knoxville house fire killed a 77-year-old woman and injured her husband.
- Good Washington snowpack raises hopes of calmer fire season Updated: Feb-08-16 5:51 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Mountain snowpack came in above normal in Washington state, raising hopes the normally soggy state will not repeat last year's drought conditions that helped fuel the worst wildfire season in its history, a federal agency said Monday.
- Smoking cited as cause of fatal North Andover fire Updated: Feb-08-16 2:28 pm
NORTH ANDOVER, Massachusetts - Officials say smoking was the cause of a fatal fire in North Andover over the weekend that left one person dead.
- Windy, dry weather raises wildfire risk in Arkansas Updated: Feb-08-16 2:04 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Forecasters say Arkansas is at risk for wildfires Monday because of dry, windy weather.
- Fire crews find body in southeast Iowa house fire Updated: Feb-08-16 1:43 pm
FAIRFIELD, Iowa - Authorities are investigating a weekend house fire that left one man dead in southeast Iowa.
- Correction: Arson Fire Death story Updated: Feb-08-16 1:41 pm
SEDALIA, Missouri - In a story Feb. 4 about an arson fire in Sedalia, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Springfield Police Department helped to determine that the fire was intentionally set. It was the Sedalia Police Department, not the Springfield Police Department.
- Teen dies, 2 injured in single-car crash in eastern Iowa Updated: Feb-08-16 12:48 pm
ELDRIDGE, Iowa - A fiery single-vehicle accident in eastern Iowa left one teen dead and two others injured.
- Elderly man dies in weekend house fire in Myrtle Beach Updated: Feb-08-16 11:11 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Fire officials in Myrtle Beach are investigating the cause of a structure fire that claimed the life of an elderly man over the weekend.
- More than 1,000 marijuana plants inside Diamond Bar home Updated: Feb-08-16 10:30 am
DIAMOND BAR, California - Authorities responding to reports of a possible break-in at a Los Angeles County home extinguished a small fire and then discovered more than 1,000 marijuana plants growing inside.
- Fire at Phoenix Apartment complex displaces some residents Updated: Feb-08-16 8:34 am
PHOENIX - Numerous residents of a Phoenix apartment complex have been displaced by an early morning fire.
- Woman, 2 kids hospitalized after Cedar Bluffs blaze Updated: Feb-08-16 7:27 am
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - A woman and two children have been hospitalized after being rescued from a burning mobile home in Cedar Falls.
- 7 displaced after fire in central New Jersey home Updated: Feb-08-16 6:16 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Fire officials say seven people have been displaced from their New Jersey home after a fire.
- Officials investigate deadly Louisville garage fire Updated: Feb-08-16 5:43 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Authorities say one man has died in a garage fire in Louisville.
- Officials: Bronx fire leaves at least 19 people hurt Updated: Feb-08-16 5:06 am
NEW YORK - Fire officials say at least 19 people were injured in a New York City blaze.
- No smoke alarm in more than half of Mississippi fatal fires Updated: Feb-07-16 9:10 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - More than half the people killed last year by house fires in Mississippi were in homes without working smoke alarms, the Mississippi State Fire Marshal's Office said.
- 2 killed, 8 injured in fire on Mexico offshore oil platform Updated: Feb-07-16 8:54 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's state oil company says a fire that erupted on an oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico killed two workers and injured eight.
- Body of woman found in Kentucky trailer fire identified Updated: Feb-07-16 5:15 pm
NICHOLASVILLE, Kentucky - Authorities have released the name of a woman killed in a house trailer fire in Jessamine County.
- 2 dead, 1 injured in Pasadena house fire Updated: Feb-07-16 3:47 pm
PASADENA, Texas - Officials say two people were killed and one injured in a Pasadena house fire.
- Boy killed in Kansas City area apartment fire Updated: Feb-07-16 3:18 pm
RAYTOWN, Missouri - An early morning fire in a Kansas City area apartment has killed a child and injured a woman and another child.
- Body found after firefighters extinguish fire Saturday Updated: Feb-07-16 2:49 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Authorities are working to identify a body found inside a Council Bluffs home after firefighters extinguished a fire.
- Underground wire catches fire in Chattanooga Updated: Feb-07-16 2:45 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A Chattanooga Electric Power Board spokesman says an underground wire overheated and caused a fire that blew a manhole cover onto a street.
- 4 die in house fire in northeastern Oklahoma Updated: Feb-07-16 1:56 pm
KETCHUM, Oklahoma - Authorities say four members of one family have died in a fire at a home in northeastern Oklahoma.