- Report: Colombia collecting bulk data without warrants Updated: Aug-31-15 4:08 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Intelligence agencies in Colombia have been building robust tools to automatically collect vast amounts of data without judicial warrants and in defiance of a pledge to better protect privacy following a series of domestic spying scandals, according to a new report by Privacy International.
- Appeals court reverses ruling that found NSA program illegal Updated: Aug-28-15 5:17 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court on Friday ruled in favor of the Obama administration in a dispute over the National Security Agency's bulk collection of telephone data on hundreds of millions of Americans.
- Ex- Salt Lake City mayor sues NSA over Olympics surveillance Updated: Aug-19-15 4:32 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A former mayor of Salt Lake City has sued the National Security Agency over what he calls a mass warrantless surveillance program monitoring texts, emails and phone calls during the 2002 Winter Olympics.
- Report: Documents reveal details behind AT&T-NSA partnership Updated: Aug-15-15 6:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Under a decades-old program with the government, telecom giant AT&T in 2003 led the way on a new collection capability that the National Security Agency said amounted to a "'live' presence on the global net" and would forward 400 billion Internet metadata records in one of its first months of operation, The New York Times reported.
- NY man gets 16-year sentence for trying to support jihadists Updated: Aug-13-15 9:46 pm
NEW YORK - For the second time, an Albanian man living in New York was been sentenced to prison after admitting he tried to support terrorists in Pakistan.
- Correction: Ecuador-Hacking The Opposition story Updated: Aug-07-15 3:35 pm
LIMA, Peru - In a story Aug. 6 about Ecuador and digital surveillance, The Associated Press erroneously reported the number of electronic devices infected by the government's spy agency with a company's software, based on a computer screenshot. The screenshot shows 13 devices were either infected or targeted for infection, not that 13 were infected.
- Federal agents install video surveillance cameras in Seattle Updated: Aug-06-15 6:55 pm
SEATTLE - Federal agents have installed video surveillance cameras in Seattle's Central District.
- Records: Plane linked to FBI program flies over Dearborn Updated: Aug-05-15 3:31 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Records show a small plane linked to an FBI surveillance program has flown several times over the Detroit area, including two flights last weekend.