- Nigeria wins African basketball title, gets Olympic spot Updated: Aug-30-15 8:54 pm
RADES, Tunisia - Nigeria won its first African basketball championship and earned a spot in the 2016 Olympics.
- Former USOC leader takes job with wheelchair basketball Updated: Aug-25-15 12:52 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Jim Scherr, the former CEO of the U.S. Olympic Committee, has been hired as interim executive director of the National Wheelchair Basketball Association.
- Former NBA star Kirilenko hopes to rescue Russian basketball Updated: Aug-23-15 5:41 am
MOSCOW - After spending more than a decade in the NBA, former All-Star Andrei Kirilenko is taking on what may be his biggest challenge yet - rescuing basketball in his native Russia.
- Coastal Carolina basketball team visits Cuba Updated: Aug-18-15 7:26 pm
CONWAY, South Carolina - Cliff Ellis' resume includes 770 victories and 10 appearances in the NCAA Tournament, and the veteran coach says watching the flag go up at the U.S. Embassy in Cuba for the first time since 1961 is one of his most memorable experiences.
- Australia qualifies for Olympics, beats New Zealand 89-79 Updated: Aug-18-15 6:11 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Golden State Warriors center Andrew Bogut and his Australia teammates have qualified for next year's Olympic basketball tournament.
- Canada women beat Cuba, clinch Olympic basketball berth Updated: Aug-16-15 10:41 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Kia Nurse scored 20 points and Canada beat Cuba 82-66 on Sunday night in the gold-medal game of the FIBA Americas women's basketball championship to clinch a berth in the 2016 Olympics.
- Olympic qualifying: Australia 71, New Zealand 59 Updated: Aug-15-15 9:04 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - San Antonio Spurs point guard Patty Mills hit two three-pointers in the final four minutes Saturday to help Australia pull away from New Zealand for a 71-59 win in an Oceania qualifying match for next year's Rio Olympics.
- US men's basketball looks ready for Rio after minicamp Updated: Aug-14-15 2:32 am
LAS VEGAS - While many countries are still trying to qualify for the Olympics, the U.S. is already lining up guys to play.
- USA Basketball ends minicamp with exhibition game Updated: Aug-14-15 1:38 am
LAS VEGAS - There was no LeBron James or Stephen Curry.
- LeBron: Health, family will determine 2016 Olympic plans Updated: Aug-12-15 7:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - LeBron James said Wednesday his health and his family will determine whether he tries for a record third basketball Olympic gold medal next summer.
- A year after George's injury, US set for another exhibition Updated: Aug-12-15 6:28 pm
LAS VEGAS - Paul George's broken leg in a USA Basketball exhibition game here last year shook up teammates and renewed the debate about whether NBA players should even be competing internationally in the offseason.
- Hawks' Horford in Dominican Basketball without Borders camp Updated: Aug-12-15 12:24 pm
NEW YORK - Atlanta Hawks star Al Horford of the Dominican Republic will take part when a Basketball without Borders camp goes to his home country for the first time.
- US men's basketball starts road to Rio with minicamp Updated: Aug-11-15 11:24 pm
LAS VEGAS - Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul were in the gym. LeBron James could join them Wednesday.
- Patty Mills says he's recovered from shoulder injury Updated: Aug-11-15 12:52 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - San Antonio Spurs point guard Patty Mills says his recent shoulder injury won't be an issue when he plays for Australia in its Olympic qualifying series against New Zealand starting this week.
- Louisville begins 9-game tour vs. Puerto Rico national teams Updated: Aug-10-15 2:14 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Rick Pitino's loyalty and attention will be divided this week.
- UND men's basketball team embarks on European tour Updated: Aug-10-15 10:08 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota men's basketball team is embarking on a tour of Europe.
- Archer leaves Denmark, becomes American football star Updated: Aug-08-15 7:33 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - His teammates call him Thor and UConn is counting on junior Andreas Knappe to be a hammer on the offensive line this season.
- China wins right to host 2019 Basketball World Cup Updated: Aug-07-15 6:44 am
TOKYO - With the help of Yao Ming, China won the right to host the 2019 Basketball World Cup.
- 2-time SEC player of year Tiffany Mitchell has foot surgery Updated: Aug-06-15 5:02 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's two-time Southeastern Conference player of the year Tiffany Mitchell is recovering after foot surgery last week.
- USA Basketball expects 34 at men's minicamp Updated: Aug-06-15 3:53 pm
LeBron James, Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony are among 34 players expected next week at the U.S. men's Basketball minicamp, indicating their possible interest in chasing a third Olympic gold medal.
- Jazz PG Dante Exum injures left knee playing for Australia Updated: Aug-04-15 5:24 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Jazz point guard Dante Exum has injured his left knee while playing for the Australian National team. They were playing the Slovenia National team in Ljubljana, Slovenia, on Tuesday.
- Cardinals will face Puerto Rican teams 9 times in 6 days Updated: Aug-04-15 3:33 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville men's basketball team has scheduled nine exhibition games over six days against Puerto Rico national teams, including three doubleheaders.