- South Carolina forward A'ja Wilson returns with more US gold Updated: Jul-30-15 3:05 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Another summer, another international title for Southeastern Conference freshman of the year A'ja Wilson.
- Russia suspended from basketball by FIBA for infighting Updated: Jul-29-15 8:54 pm
MOSCOW - The Russian Basketball Federation was suspended Wednesday by FIBA, meaning it could miss the European Championship that doubles as an Olympic qualifier.
- Beijing bid faces same old questions ahead of 2022 IOC vote Updated: Jul-28-15 10:54 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Two of China's most storied winter Olympic athletes faced tough questions about Beijing's bid for the 2022 Winter Games - namely about air pollution and a lack of snow.
- Steven Adams unavailable for New Zealand national team Updated: Jul-27-15 2:26 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Oklahoma City Thunder center Steven Adams has made himself unavailable for New Zealand's Oceania Olympic basketball qualifying series against Australia next month.
- Sherri Coale headlines women's basketball hall class of 2016 Updated: Jul-25-15 5:55 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Oklahoma coach Sherri Coale said it was a surreal moment when she got the phone call that she would be part of the women's basketball Hall of Fame.
- Pacquiao joins bid to help Philippines land FIBA World Cup Updated: Jul-24-15 9:29 am
MANILA, Philippines - Filipino boxing great Manny Pacquiao will travel to Japan next month to lend a hand as the Philippines bids against China to host the 2019 basketball World Cup.
- Golf stars urged to stay in Olympic Village during Rio Games Updated: Jul-18-15 7:47 am
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - The head of the IOC is urging the world's top golfers to ditch the luxury hotels and "share the Olympic spirit" by staying in the athletes' village when the sport returns to the Olympic program in 2016.
- Michael Jordan to be inducted in FIBA Hall of Fame Updated: Jul-17-15 9:17 am
NEW YORK - Michael Jordan, who won two Olympic gold medals, will be inducted in the FIBA Hall of Fame.
- Ex-Arkansas-Monticello player signs with German team Updated: Jul-15-15 3:40 pm
MONTICELLO, Arkansas - A former University of Arkansas at Monticello basketball player has signed a professional contract in Germany.
- South Sudan hopes IOC recognition will unite newest nation Updated: Jul-15-15 4:35 am
JUBA, South Sudan - Torn by civil war and facing a humanitarian crisis, South Sudan is finding hope on the sporting front: The world's newest nation is in line for international recognition that would allow it to send a team to next year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Mills out; Bogut, Dellavedova drafted into Australia squad Updated: Jul-13-15 9:53 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Patty Mills will miss Australia's Olympic qualifying series in Oceania after being ruled out of a 12-man squad containing fellow NBA players Andrew Bogut and Matthew Dellavedova.
- Big moves made, but dealing isn't done in NBA free agency Updated: Jul-06-15 10:17 am
LeBron James is available. Marc Gasol, too.