- Stephen Curry resumes light shooting on injured right knee Updated: May-01-16 4:08 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry has resumed light shooting without movement on his injured right knee with the hopes he can get into scrimmages by later next week, perhaps in time to be ready for Game 3 of the Golden State Warriors' Western Conference semifinals at Portland.
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 Updated: May-01-16 3:45 pm
MIAMI - They needed all 82 games of the regular season to get the opportunity to play Game 7 of the opening round at home, and the Miami Heat took full advantage.
- Aldridge has 38 points, Spurs rout Thunder 124-92 in Game 1 Updated: May-01-16 12:48 am
- Walton has unfinished work with Warriors before Lakers job Updated: Apr-30-16 6:36 pm
OAKLAND, California - Luke Walton was in no rush to leave his job as an assistant coach with the Golden State Warriors.
- Battered and bloodied Clippers exit playoffs early again Updated: Apr-30-16 5:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - The battered and bloodied Los Angeles Clippers fought to the end only to exit the playoffs early once again.
- Blazers have proven the doubters wrong into the 2nd round Updated: Apr-30-16 3:31 am
- Blazers advance 4-2 with 106-103 victory over the Clippers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:01 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Even as they huddled after the victory that sent them through to the next round, the Portland Trail Blazers were drawing inspiration from the doubters.
- Austin Rivers' face is bloodied in game against Blazers Updated: Apr-30-16 12:13 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Los Angeles guard Austin Rivers left the Clippers' first-round playoff game against the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night with a bloody cut above his left eye that required 11 stitches.
- Pacers force Game 7 against Raptors with 101-83 win Updated: Apr-29-16 11:51 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - This time, the Indiana Pacers buckled down and fought back.
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Updated: Apr-29-16 11:45 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Dwyane Wade hadn't made a 3-point shot since December, enduring a streak of 22 consecutive misses.
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Updated: Apr-29-16 7:32 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets' season got off to a disappointing start.
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Updated: Apr-29-16 7:18 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Hornets forward Nicolas Batum said he's "running on adrenaline" as he prepares for Game 6 of Charlotte's first-round playoff series against the Miami Heat following the birth of his son early Friday.
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James isn't a fan of the NBA's officiating reviews.
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Updated: Apr-29-16 5:59 pm
BOSTON - The emergence of an All-Star and lots of victories made the Celtics one of the biggest surprises in the NBA this season.
- Drug dealers use 'Steph Curry' likeness to market heroin Updated: Apr-29-16 5:28 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia drug dealers looking to market their heroin as top of the line are stamping packets with the likeness of Golden State Warriors superstar Steph Curry.
- Professional basketball league forming in Great Plains Updated: Apr-29-16 8:30 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A professional basketball league is trying to get off the ground in the Great Plains.
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Updated: Apr-29-16 12:09 am
BOSTON - The Atlanta Hawks had their best regular season in franchise history spoiled last year by a dismal showing against Cleveland in the Eastern Conference finals.
- ABA team owner and envied dealmaker Ozzie Silna dies Updated: Apr-28-16 11:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Ozzie Silna, who turned a fading American Basketball Association franchise into a four-decade windfall of nearly $800 million from the NBA in what's commonly called the greatest deal in sports history, has died at age 83.
- NBA says Wade wasn't fouled in final seconds of Game 5 loss Updated: Apr-28-16 8:48 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade does not read the NBA's reviews of officiating in the last 2 minutes of close games, which might be a wise move in this particular case.
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Updated: Apr-28-16 7:13 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Sacramento Kings have hired Ken Catanella as assistant general manager.
- Livingston enjoying the moment filling in for injured Curry Updated: Apr-28-16 7:09 pm
OAKLAND, California - Shaun Livingston's left leg could have been amputated nine years ago.
- Hornets C Spencer Hawes out for remainder of series vs Heat Updated: Apr-28-16 6:56 pm
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Updated: Apr-28-16 6:10 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - The Detroit Pistons have finally moved beyond the rebuilding stage.
- Cavs coach Lue believes David Blatt deserves another chance Updated: Apr-28-16 3:46 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue would like to see his former boss, David Blatt, get another NBA job.
- NBA's Shaun Livingston donates $1 million to Illinois school Updated: Apr-28-16 6:51 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A central Illinois school has received a big fundraising boost from former student and professional basketball player Shaun Livingston.