- Black pastors press Trump on tone during closed-door meeting Updated: Nov-30-15 9:41 pm
NEW YORK - Dozens of black pastors pressed Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Monday to address what some called his use of racially charged rhetoric, with several describing a meeting that became tense at times as attendees raised concerns about his blunt language.
- Asian soccer body urges support for FIFA candidate Salman Updated: Nov-27-15 6:29 am
GENEVA - FIFA presidential candidate Sheikh Salman received an endorsement Friday from his executive committee colleagues at the Asian soccer confederation.
- Largest New Hampshire public employee union backs Sanders Updated: Nov-19-15 5:18 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's largest public employee labor union is backing Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders in the Democratic presidential primary, bucking its national affiliate's endorsement of Hillary Clinton.
- Utah's Mia Love endorses Marco Rubio for president Updated: Nov-19-15 2:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - U.S. Rep. Mia Love of Utah is endorsing Republican candidate Marco Rubio for president.
- Jindal heads home to Louisiana after ending presidential bid Updated: Nov-18-15 3:19 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - After ending his run for the Republican presidential nomination, Gov. Bobby Jindal was back in Louisiana on Wednesday, grappling with state budget troubles and beginning to plan for the transition to his replacement.
- GOP attorney general candidates fight over Democratic votes Updated: Nov-18-15 12:02 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - For the two Republican candidates in the Louisiana attorney general's race, it's all about the Democrats.
- North Dakota Libertarians endorse slate of candidates Updated: Nov-09-15 12:34 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Libertarian Party members have endorsed a slate of candidates for the November 2016 election.
- Hagan back in spotlight endorsing Clinton for president Updated: Nov-07-15 4:02 am
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Former North Carolina U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan is back in the political spotlight after announcing she wouldn't try to seek a return trip to Capitol Hill next year.
- Northup endorses Rubio, will lead his Kentucky campaign Updated: Nov-06-15 11:45 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio gained the endorsement of former Congresswoman Anne Northup on Friday and named her chairwoman for his state campaign, as he takes steps to compete in Kentucky's first ever presidential caucus.
- Rubio picks up Noem endorsement Updated: Nov-06-15 9:44 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Republican Marco Rubio's campaign says U.S. Rep. Kristi Noem has endorsed the Florida U.S. senator's presidential bid.
- LA mayor endorses, un-endorses and re-endorses Clinton Updated: Nov-05-15 8:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti endorsed fellow Democrat Hillary Clinton for president. And then he didn't. And then he really did.
- Libertarians to meet, endorse candidates in Mandan Updated: Nov-05-15 4:12 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Libertarian Party members from North Dakota will for the first time field a full slate of statewide candidates in 2016, while South Dakota faithful are working to regain ballot access. Party officials from both states are meeting Saturday in Mandan, where North Dakota supporters are expected to endorse statewide candidates and elect party officers.
- Duluth voters pick new mayor Updated: Nov-04-15 7:17 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A businesswoman endorsed by the outgoing mayor of Duluth will apparently become his successor.
- Ex-con former Bridgeport mayor wins comeback victory Updated: Nov-03-15 10:18 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - An ex-convict who spent seven years in federal prison for corruption reclaimed the Bridgeport mayor's office Tuesday, completing a stunning comeback bid that tapped nostalgia for brighter days in Connecticut's largest city.
- Democrat Martin O'Malley gets ex-Vegas mayor's endorsement Updated: Nov-03-15 3:37 pm
LAS VEGAS - Former Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman is endorsing Democratic presidential candidate Martin O'Malley.
- Candidates follow informal rules in New Hampshire Updated: Nov-01-15 6:45 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Running for president in New Hampshire is like crafting a good story: Don't forget who, what, when, where or why.