- Aquino chooses Roxas as Philippine presidential candidate Updated: Jul-31-15 5:52 am
MANILA, Philippines - Philippine President Benigno Aquino III said Friday he had picked Interior Secretary Manuel "Mar" Roxas II as the administration candidate to succeed him in elections next year.
- Meeting unions, Clinton offers support for $12 minimum wage Updated: Jul-30-15 4:20 pm
SILVER SPRING, Maryland - Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday offered some support for a proposal in the Senate that would raise the federal minimum wage to $12 an hour, hinting that the higher rate sought by labor unions doesn't have enough support.
- GOP backs opponent of Republican incumbent attorney general Updated: Jul-28-15 6:28 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Republican Party of Louisiana is backing former Congressman Jeff Landry for the post of state's attorney general, announcing Tuesday that it was snubbing GOP incumbent Buddy Caldwell.
- Hartford Democrats endorse attorney Luke Bronin for mayor Updated: Jul-27-15 9:07 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford Democrats have endorsed attorney Luke Bronin for mayor, after incumbent Pedro Segarra declined a showdown at the city nominating convention.
- Philippine leader seeks laws to end rebellion, dynasties Updated: Jul-27-15 10:22 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine president asked Congress on Monday to pass a troubled Muslim autonomy bill at the heart of efforts to end a bloody rebellion in the country's south and legislation that aims to lessen the stranglehold on power of entrenched political families, which include his.
- Democrats' old, new guard clash over US Senate race in Ohio Updated: Jul-23-15 9:50 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former and current chairmen are clashing over the Ohio Democratic Party's treatment of a young challenger who has refused to drop out of the 2016 race for a U.S. Senate seat also sought by former Gov. Ted Strickland.
- Bridgeport mayor wins Democrats' endorsement over ex-convict Updated: Jul-21-15 8:33 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - The mayor of Bridgeport has narrowly won the endorsement of local Democrats in his bid for a third term.
- Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman endorses Heck for Senate Updated: Jul-20-15 3:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman is endorsing Republican Rep. Joe Heck in his bid for Senate.
- High-stakes lobbying on Iran deal; pressure for Congress Updated: Jul-19-15 2:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Israel's ambassador to the United States raced in and out of offices on Capitol Hill, trying to persuade lawmakers that the nuclear deal with Iran is a historic mistake.
- Lee leads Democratic rivals for Congress in fundraising Updated: Jul-15-15 8:19 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Political newcomer Susie Lee has an early fundraising lead in the four-way Democratic primary for Nevada's 4th Congressional District seat.
- Charleston massacre, flag debate put Haley in 2016 spotlight Updated: Jul-15-15 5:40 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - From her public statements of grief to removing the Confederate battle flag from outside her Statehouse office, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has drawn wide praise since the massacre of nine black churchgoers from a historic Charleston congregation.
- Lawmakers could lose business group's support for tax votes Updated: Jul-14-15 4:47 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Tax votes that lawmakers took to balance this year's budget may cost them the support of Louisiana's leading business lobbying group in the fall elections.
- Teachers' union endorses Clinton's 2016 presidential bid Updated: Jul-11-15 4:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton has won the endorsement of the American Federation of Teachers. It's the first major labor union to make an endorsement in the 2016 presidential campaign.
- Ex-con seeks comeback as mayor of Connecticut's biggest city Updated: Jul-08-15 5:44 pm
A disgraced former mayor of Connecticut's biggest city is making a bid for a political comeback, and it's beginning to look like he may have a chance.