- Governor endorses Democratic Senate candidate Kamala Harris Updated: May-23-16 8:14 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown is endorsing Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Kamala Harris barely two weeks before California's June 7 primary election.
- Sanders backing brings big dollars to DNC chair's challenger Updated: May-23-16 3:30 pm
MIAMI - The primary opponent challenging Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz says he raised more than $250,000 over the weekend after Bernie Sanders penned a fundraising letter endorsing his campaign.
- Most House GOP women in tough races biding time on Trump Updated: May-23-16 1:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Before deciding if she'll vote for Donald Trump, Martha McSally says she'll spend time "determining what kind of man he is." Mia Love says some comments by the presumptive Republican presidential candidate need "some sort of explanation," while Renee Ellmers backs him because he's "a problem solver."
- Sanders says he is backing DNC chair's opponent Updated: May-21-16 7:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders said he plans to support the opponent of Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz in her Florida primary contest Aug. 30 for her congressional seat.
- Feingold says Johnson trying to fool voters on Trump Updated: May-18-16 5:48 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democrat Russ Feingold accused Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson on Wednesday of trying to fool voters with Washington double-speak when he says that he supports but does not endorse Donald Trump for president.
- China stages war games days ahead of Taiwan inauguration Updated: May-18-16 8:16 am
BEIJING - China is staging large-scale joint war games featuring mock beach landing, helicopter assaults and tank battles along its east coast facing Taiwan, just days before the inauguration of the self-governing island's new independence-leaning president.
- Republican race for North Dakota governor might lure voters Updated: May-17-16 12:25 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The Republican contest for governor between Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem and Fargo businessman Doug Burgum might help draw voters to the polls for North Dakota's primary election next month, Secretary of State Al Jaeger said.
- Johnson says supporting Trump different from endorsing him Updated: May-16-16 4:44 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Sen. Ron Johnson says that his supporting of presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump is not the same as endorsing him.
- Florida GOP Senate hopefuls have mixed feelings about Trump Updated: May-16-16 2:26 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Now that Donald Trump is the likely GOP presidential nominee, the five Republican Senate candidates hoping to share the ballot with him are expressing mixed feelings about the brash billionaire businessman and reality television star.
- Idaho governor backs 12 legislative candidates Updated: May-15-16 11:21 am
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter has endorsed 12 Republican legislative candidates running the upcoming May 17 primary election, three of whom are challenging sitting incumbents.
- Nevada GOP leaders urge unity for Trump at state convention Updated: May-14-16 10:02 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada Republican Party Chairman Michael McDonald urged delegates at the state GOP convention Saturday to put their fractured past behind them and unite behind Donald Trump's presidential campaign to keep Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton out of the White House.
- Cruz shuns Trump, GOP unity; says 'challenges' may lie ahead Updated: May-14-16 7:05 pm
DALLAS - Ted Cruz on Saturday used his first speech since dropping out of the presidential race not to endorse Donald Trump or urge Republican unity behind him, but to maintain that core conservatives can save America. Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, countered by deploying a top surrogate who did his best to woo skeptical Texas conservatives.
- The Latest: Kobach in Kansas delegation to GOP convention Updated: May-14-16 4:52 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Latest on Kansas Republicans' state meeting (all times local):
- Stenehjem reports raising $752K; less than Burgum Updated: May-13-16 7:06 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Republican Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem says he has raised about $752,000 in his bid for governor, less than the $966,000 reported by his GOP rival, wealthy Fargo businessman Doug Burgum.
- Nielsen didn't get House leader's endorsement despite claim Updated: May-13-16 3:18 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Rep. Pete Nielsen says he didn't have House Speaker Scott Bedke's endorsement, despite running ads in several weekly papers claiming the House leader supported Nielsen's run for re-election.
- 4 Republicans vying for seat in Kentucky's 1st district Updated: May-12-16 4:54 pm
HENDERSON, Kentucky - Three men with accents and flashlights cut a hole in a chain-link fence to sneak into the country while Mike Pape, a Republican candidate for Congress, watches from the shadows.
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: May-11-16 5:04 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in the United States and abroad:
- Cole, Justice square off in hotly contested governor's race Updated: May-11-16 4:03 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - In the year of Donald Trump and all things anti-establishment, two wealthy West Virginia businessmen are competing for one of the most sought-after governorships this election cycle.
- Nebraska picks nominees in presidential, congressional races Updated: May-11-16 3:04 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Donald Trump added Nebraska to his list of primary victories less than a week after he forced his last Republican opponents out of the race and eliminated virtually all of the suspense in the state's late-season contest.
- The Latest: State Sen. Chambers top vote-getter in primary Updated: May-10-16 11:15 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Latest on Nebraska's primary election (all times local):
- Liberty board member resigns amid disagreement over Trump Updated: May-08-16 2:08 pm
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - A Liberty University board member who criticized the school president's endorsement of Donald Trump has resigned.
- The Latest: 3 Trump protesters arrested in Washington Updated: May-07-16 9:12 pm
LYNDEN, Washington - The Latest on Donald Trump campaign rallies in Washington state (all times local):
- The Latest: SC Republicans pick remaining national delegates Updated: May-07-16 1:33 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Latest on the South Carolina Republican Convention (all times local):
- Ayotte's Senate rival trying to hang Trump around her neck Updated: May-07-16 2:56 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte casts herself as independent, focused on New Hampshire over party politics in her re-election bid. But now she's trying to fight off a different label, one that Democrats will assign her at every turn: Loyal ally of Donald Trump.
- 4 Idaho Supreme Court candidates debate Updated: May-07-16 12:56 am
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's state Supreme Court candidates went after each other's political independence Friday evening during their only scheduled major debate.