- Mozambican journalist, known for crime reporting, killed Updated: Aug-29-15 12:56 pm
MAPUTO, Mozambique - A veteran Mozambican journalist, known for his crime reporting, was gunned down on the streets of the capital.
- Katherine Boo to receive Lovejoy Award in Maine Updated: Aug-29-15 10:04 am
WATERVILLE, Maine - A former Washington Post reporter who won a Pulitzer Prize for exposing dire conditions in group homes for the mentally disabled will be this year's recipient of Lovejoy Award at Colby College.
- The Latest: Canada asks for release of Al-Jazeera defendant Updated: Aug-29-15 7:47 am
CAIRO - Here are the latest developments in Egypt's retrial of three Al-Jazeera English journalists (all times local):
- 2 French journalists accused of blackmailing Morocco's king Updated: Aug-28-15 1:59 pm
PARIS - Two French journalists known for their critical writings about Moroccan King Mohammed VI have been arrested in France for allegedly trying to blackmail the monarch, according to his lawyer and the prosecutor's office.
- The Latest: Survivor expresses condolences for TV workers Updated: Aug-28-15 1:36 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The latest on the on-air killing of two TV station employees in Virginia (all times local):
- British journalists detained in Turkey Updated: Aug-28-15 12:11 pm
DIYARBAKIR, Turkey - Two British journalists were detained along with their fixer while reporting from the main city in Turkey's mostly Kurdish southeast, where renewed fighting between the security forces and Kurdish rebels has killed scores of people, officials and reports said Friday.
- Slain TV reporter, cameraman were eager young journalists Updated: Aug-27-15 4:54 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Alison Parker seemed destined for the anchor chair. Adam Ward was upbeat, the kind of cameraman everyone wanted to work with in the wee hours of the morning.
- Seigenthaler to receive Al Neuharth journalist award Updated: Aug-27-15 12:52 pm
VERMILLION, South Dakota - Broadcast journalist John M. Seigenthaler is this year's recipient of the Al Neuharth Award for Excellence in the Media.
- NY Press Club extends condolences for slain journalists Updated: Aug-26-15 3:13 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Press Club is extending its condolences to the families, friends and co-workers of the two TV journalists shot while on-air in Virginia.
- Details on WDBJ, 2 slain journalists Updated: Aug-26-15 2:50 pm
A few details on WDBJ and the two TV journalists who were slain Wednesday morning as they reported a news story:
- Press advocacy group accuses Egypt of censoring newspapers Updated: Aug-26-15 12:50 pm
NEW YORK - The Committee to Protect Journalists is condemning recent reports that Egyptian newspapers were prevented from being printed or circulated because they had content critical of the country's president.
- DoD manual allows journalists to be held as 'belligerents' Updated: Aug-26-15 3:18 am
WASHINGTON - New Defense Department guidelines allow commanders to punish journalists and treat them as "unprivileged belligerents" if they believe journalists are sympathizing or cooperating with the enemy.
- Former U of M student detained in Thailand Updated: Aug-25-15 7:13 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A photojournalist who attended the University of Minnesota has been released on bail in Thailand where he was detained for possessing body armor and a helmet.
- Morial, DuVernay, Sapp to get McDonald's 365 Black Awards Updated: Aug-22-15 11:49 am
NEW ORLEANS - A native son, a film director, a gospel giant and an award-winning journalist are among the 2015 recipients of the McDonald's 365 Black Awards, which recognizes African-Americans who excel in their fields and give back to their communities.
- S.Sudan media switch off for 24-hours over journo's murder Updated: Aug-21-15 9:38 am
JUBA, South Sudan - Media organizations in Sudan imposed a 24-hour news blackout on Friday to demand a full investigation into the killing of a newspaper reporter and assurances of safety for journalists working in the war-torn nation, officials from media associations said.
- Detained Gambia journalist now faces charges in high court Updated: Aug-20-15 4:02 am
DAKAR, Senegal - A Gambia union leader says a journalist detained by authorities now faces charges in High Court in the West African nation.
- Newspaper publisher killed in Philippines Updated: Aug-19-15 9:22 am
MANILA, Philippines - A motorcycle-riding gunman has killed the publisher of a small newspaper in the southern Philippines, police said Wednesday.
- Mexico questions officials in journalist, activist killings Updated: Aug-18-15 7:10 pm
MEXICO CITY - Investigators began interviewing more top officials in the Gulf Coast state of Veracruz on Tuesday about the recent killing of a photojournalist, an activist and three other women in the Mexican capital.
- 5 journalists win Cabot Prize for coverage of Latin America Updated: Aug-12-15 4:44 pm
NEW YORK - Journalists from The Associated Press, The New York Times, GloboNews in Brazil and Bolivia's Pagina Siete won this year's Maria Moors Cabot Prize, which recognizes excellence in coverage of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Footballer arrested over death of critical journalist Updated: Aug-11-15 2:12 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Authorities in Azerbaijan say one of the country's leading players is among six people arrested in connection with the death of a journalist who criticized him.
- German prosecutors drop treason probe against journalists Updated: Aug-10-15 7:07 am
BERLIN - German federal prosecutors on Monday dropped a much-criticized treason investigation of two journalists who had reported on secret plans to expand online surveillance in Germany.
- Prince invites journalists to Paisley Park Studios Updated: Aug-09-15 4:58 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Prince had a gathering at his Paisley Park Studios but he didn't perform - he wanted to talk promotion and business.
- Jailed journalist in Azerbaijan goes on trial Updated: Aug-07-15 12:23 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - An investigative journalist jailed since December has gone on trial in Azerbaijan in a case widely criticized by human rights organizations.
- Survey: Journalism school training transcends professions Updated: Aug-06-15 7:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Who and what is a journalist in the age of social media, sponsored content and sagging newspaper circulation?
- Lawyer: Jailed Chinese journalist Gao Yu has heart problems Updated: Aug-06-15 4:02 am
BEIJING - Imprisoned Chinese journalist Gao Yu has been diagnosed with heart problems and a request for parole on medical grounds is pending, her lawyer said Thursday.