- Cohen named dean of UM College of Liberal Arts Updated: Jul-04-15 11:04 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - The University of Mississippi has hired Lee Cohen as the next dean of the College of Liberal Arts.
- Egypt marks 2nd anniversary of Islamist ouster with mourning Updated: Jul-04-15 8:37 am
CAIRO - Two years to the day after the army overthrew Egypt's Islamist president, the sounds coming from the mosque at Cairo's Tahrir Square were sadly telling. At the focal point of Egypt's upheavals, where authorities had hoped to stage celebrations, there was instead a prayer for the week's dead, including soldiers cut down by militants in Sinai and the country's chief prosecutor, assassinated by car bomb in the capital.
- In Wisconsin, Sanders appeals to like-minded liberals Updated: Jul-01-15 10:02 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders touted his progressive credentials before his largest crowd to date Wednesday night as he pushed his campaign into Wisconsin Republican Gov. Scott Walker's backyard.
- Liberal justices prevail in high-profile Supreme Court cases Updated: Jun-27-15 9:10 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court term that is nearing its end shows how silence can signal success.
- Clinton to miss convention of liberal activists, bloggers Updated: Jun-24-15 11:51 am
ST. LOUIS - Hillary Rodham Clinton is not expected to appear at Netroots Nation, an annual convention of liberal activists and bloggers who are often courted by Democratic presidential candidates.
- Dems hope to win Rubio's Senate seat by sidelining liberal Updated: Jun-21-15 11:38 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Democrats see a chance to pick up the Florida Senate seat being vacated by Republican Marco Rubio - but only if U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson stays out of the race.
- Trade dispute exposes House Democrats' turmoil, challenges Updated: Jun-20-15 8:38 am
WASHINGTON - Congress' upheaval over trade has exposed turmoil within a House Democratic caucus that's grown smaller and more liberal in recent years as moderates have been ousted in successive election bloodlettings.