- Parents of Illinois players don't believe coach allegations Updated: Jul-02-15 9:50 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The parents of a current University of Illinois women's basketball player and an incoming recruit said Thursday that they don't believe the allegations made by seven former players in a lawsuit this week accusing coaches of creating racial hostility.
- Chargers tight end Antonio Gates suspended 4 games Updated: Jul-02-15 6:29 pm
SAN DIEGO - Antonio Gates' squeaky-clean image took a big hit Thursday when the San Diego Chargers' star tight end was suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2015 season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
- Anderson, Gordon and Thomas transfer to Seton Hall Updated: Jul-02-15 5:06 pm
SOUTH ORANGE, New Jersey - Two guards and a forward have transferred to Seton Hall.
- Post player transfers to Arkansas basketball team Updated: Jul-02-15 2:37 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - University of Arkansas basketball coach Mike Anderson has announced the transfer of a 6-foot-10 post player from Kennesaw State to the Razorbacks.
- Arkansas State hires assistant women's basketball coach Updated: Jul-02-15 12:20 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Arkansas State has announced the hiring of an assistant women's basketball coach.
- Former NDSU hoops standout Alexander going pro in Germany Updated: Jul-02-15 9:41 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Former North Dakota State University men's basketball standout Lawrence Alexander has signed a professional contract with a team in Germany.
- Arkansas says 1 million Hog fans passed turnstiles Updated: Jul-01-15 5:03 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas says more than 1 million paying fans passed the turnstiles to attend Razorback sporting events in the 2014-15 school year.
- New sports uniforms level the playing field for Muslim girls Updated: Jul-01-15 12:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Girls in stylish athletic wear walk the runway as the sounds of Taylor Swift and Katy Perry blare from speakers. The crowd claps and cheers as the young models strike poses with basketballs, lacrosse sticks and boxing gloves. Finally, the big reveal: the Lady Warriors community traveling basketball team takes the stage in their cardinal red uniforms.
- Kansas adds UNC transfer guard Jessica Washington Updated: Jun-30-15 9:30 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas has added North Carolina transfer guard Jessica Washington.
- Yow savors Wolfpack's work to reach goal of Top 25 status Updated: Jun-30-15 6:23 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Athletic director Debbie Yow has spent five years pushing to turn North Carolina State into a top-25 program. The 2014-15 sports season has brought the Wolfpack to the edge of that goal.
- Duquesne coach Jim Ferry receives contract extension Updated: Jun-30-15 4:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - Duquesne men's basketball coach Jim Ferry signed a contract extension on Tuesday as his rebuilding project with the Dukes continues.
- Niagara hires Jada Pierce as women's basketball coach Updated: Jun-30-15 4:00 pm
LEWISTON, New York - Niagara University has hired Saint Joseph's assistant Jada Pierce to become its women's basketball coach.
- Correction: Wisconsin-Ryan Retiring story Updated: Jun-30-15 3:12 pm
In a story June 29 about coach Bo Ryan's retirement plans, The Associated Press reported erroneously who hired Ryan at Wisconsin. It was Pat Richter, the Badgers' athletic director at the time.
- Hilltoppers earned 8 titles, bowl win in first C-USA season Updated: Jun-30-15 12:27 pm
Western Kentucky athletic director Todd Stewart wants to follow up his program's strong debut in Conference USA with an even better encore.
- Vols' Barnes: 'No legs' to Texas academic misconduct report Updated: Jun-29-15 9:03 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee coach Rick Barnes says he doesn't have reason to be concerned about a Texas investigation into allegations of academic misconduct in its men's basketball program.
- Chicago Bulls introduce first round pick Bobby Portis Updated: Jun-29-15 5:48 pm
CHICAGO - Growing up, Bobby Portis got accustomed to being the last player picked. So he prided himself on being the one who out-worked everyone else.
- New coaches, talented freshmen to add intrigue to SEC hoops Updated: Jun-29-15 4:59 pm
Southeastern Conference basketball coaches are confident their league won't take a step back in the post-Billy Donovan era.
- Calipari: Confederate flag 'offends,' should be removed Updated: Jun-29-15 12:00 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari believes Confederate flags should be taken down.
- Krzyzewski, Kyvallos to receive Lapchick Award Updated: Jun-29-15 11:12 am
NEW YORK - More honors for a couple of Coach Ks.
- Former NDSU standout playing in NBA Summer League again Updated: Jun-29-15 10:56 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Former North Dakota State University men's basketball standout Taylor Braun will play for the Orlando Magic in the 2015 NBA Summer League.
- Russia fails to qualify for women's hoops at Olympics Updated: Jun-27-15 7:03 pm
For the first time since boycotting the 1984 Olympics, Russia won't have a women's basketball team in the Olympics.
- Former coach Henson out of hospital, starting chemotherapy Updated: Jun-27-15 2:08 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Former Illinois and New Mexico State basketball coach Lou Henson has been released from a Texas hospital and is scheduled to soon begin chemotherapy treatments, according to his wife.
- Oklahoma State releases nonconference basketball schedule Updated: Jun-26-15 6:02 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State has released its nonconference basketball schedule for the coming season with games that include Florida, Minnesota, Auburn and instate rival Tulsa.
- Minnesota to face Oklahoma State in South Dakota Updated: Jun-26-15 5:36 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota will play Oklahoma State in a neutral-site nonconference game in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, this season.
- Moore to lead Tennessee hoops through transition period Updated: Jun-26-15 4:10 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee forward Armani Moore's college career has offered him lessons on the importance of adapting to change and responding to adversity.