- Minnesota to open Big Ten season at Ohio State Updated: Aug-31-15 3:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Gophers open the men's basketball season at home against Missouri-Kansas City on Nov. 13.
- Morton resigns as assistant basketball coach at Seton Hall Updated: Aug-31-15 10:51 am
SOUTH ORANGE, New Jersey - Dwayne Morton has resigned as an assistant basketball coach at Seton Hall.
- Tickets on sale Wednesday for Louisville scrimmages Updated: Aug-31-15 4:09 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Tickets go on sale Wednesday for two Louisville men's basketball scrimmages to be held in October.
- Illinois fires coach Tim Beckman 1 week before season opener Updated: Aug-28-15 11:15 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A week before the start of the football season, a difficult summer for the University of Illinois became chaotic as coach Tim Beckman was fired after an investigation found he tried to influence medical decisions and pressure players to play with injuries.
- UW men's basketball game times, TV coverage released Updated: Aug-28-15 5:11 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Game times and television coverage have been released for the 2015-16 Wyoming Cowboys basketball season.
- Sumlin's style a hit with players at Texas A&M Updated: Aug-28-15 8:54 am
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - A visit to Texas A&M football practice is musically akin to a trip to a swanky hip-hop club in downtown Houston or a hotspot on Miami's South Beach.
- Crean questions leadership after latest legal problem Updated: Aug-27-15 9:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana coach Tom Crean questioned his team's leadership and challenged his players to make better decisions on and off the court Thursday.
- Middle Tennessee adds Jacorey Williams, Aldonis Foote Updated: Aug-27-15 9:09 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee has added former Arkansas forward Jacorey Williams and Trinity Valley Community College transfer Aldonis Foote to the program.
- Stephanie Ready becomes full-time female NBA game analyst Updated: Aug-27-15 6:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - FOX Sports Southeast has promoted Stephanie Ready to NBA game analyst covering the Charlotte Hornets.
- ACC trio looking for championships in SEC with Gamecocks Updated: Aug-27-15 5:29 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Coach Dawn Staley has built South Carolina to compete for national championships. And some of the very best players in the Atlantic Coast Conference have signed on for the run.
- Bowl Eligible? South Carolina looking to host 1st bowl game Updated: Aug-27-15 4:18 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Organizers of the annual college all-star game held in South Carolina are confident the contest known as The Medal of Honor Bowl will become the state's first traditional bowl game now that the Confederate flag no longer flies on Statehouse grounds.
- Former University of Vermont basketball player retires Updated: Aug-27-15 4:00 pm
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vermont - A former University of Vermont basketball player is calling it quits.
- University police: Buffalo forward Moss accused of stealing Updated: Aug-27-15 12:08 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Forward Justin Moss was one of three Buffalo men's basketball players accused of stealing $650 out of a dorm room in June, some three months before the Mid-American Conference player of the year was dropped from the team.
- Former Kentucky standout Lou Tsioropoulos dies at 84 Updated: Aug-26-15 10:27 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Lou Tsioropoulos, a member of Kentucky's 1951 NCAA national championship team and the unbeaten '53-54 squad who went on to win two NBA titles with the Boston Celtics, has died. He was 84.
- Indiana administration expects athletes to behave better Updated: Aug-26-15 9:29 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana University President Michael McRobbie sent a tough message to the athletic department this week: It's time for Hoosiers athletes to shape up or they may be on their way out.
- Colleges dedicate women's tipoff game to Lauren Hill Updated: Aug-26-15 3:15 pm
The schools that helped Lauren Hill realize her dream of scoring a basket in a college game will honor her with a season-opening event in November.
- Cleveland State to play some games in Cavaliers' arena Updated: Aug-26-15 12:48 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland State has partnered with Quicken Loans Arena and will have its basketball teams play some home games on the Cavaliers' court next season.
- Hutchinson women's basketball team regains eligibility Updated: Aug-26-15 7:51 am
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - Hutchinson Community College women's basketball has regained eligibility for postseason play for the upcoming season.
- Minnesota gives Pitino $400K annual raise, 2-year extension Updated: Aug-25-15 9:11 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota has finalized a two-year contract extension for coach Richard Pitino through the 2020-21 season, including a $400,000 raise.
- Rison, Bell to enter Michigan State University hall of fame Updated: Aug-25-15 7:41 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Andre Rison and Charlie Bell are among the six new members who will be inducted into Michigan State's athletics hall of fame next month.
- Villanova names USC's Mark Jackson athletic director Updated: Aug-25-15 5:02 pm
VILLANOVA, Pennsylvania - Villanova has hired USC's Mark Jackson to succeed Vince Nicastro as the program's athletic director.
- East Tennessee State adds transfers Deuce Bello, Tevin Glass Updated: Aug-25-15 3:48 pm
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee - East Tennessee State has added a pair of transfers by bringing in Deuce Bello from Missouri and Tevin Glass from Wichita State.
- Madison Jones dismissed from Wake men's basketball team Updated: Aug-25-15 10:35 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Wake Forest has dismissed guard Madison Jones from the men's basketball team for violating an undisclosed athletic department policy.
- The Sanchize connecting UNLV football to Las Vegas Updated: Aug-24-15 9:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - Tony Sanchez carved out a corner of celebrity in a town full of high rollers and high-wire acts as a high school football coach.
- 2 Indiana basketball players cited for alcohol possession Updated: Aug-24-15 7:11 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Two Indiana basketball players were cited for underage alcohol possession early Saturday morning.