- Guy V. Lewis, coach of Phi Slama Jama teams, dies at 93 Updated: Nov-26-15 2:39 pm
HOUSTON - Former University of Houston men's basketball coach Guy V. Lewis, best known for leading the Phi Slama Jama teams of the 1980s, has died. He was 93.
- No. 25 Iowa women defeat Wright State 83-77 Updated: Nov-26-15 2:22 pm
CEDAR PARK, Texas - Chase Coley scored a career-high 22 points and No. 25 Iowa beat Wright State 83-77 on Thursday at the Lone Star Showcase.
- Bluiett scores 15, No. 23 Xavier beat Alabama 64-45 Updated: Nov-26-15 2:09 pm
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla, - Trevon Bluiett scored 15 points, J.P. Macura added 14, and No. 23 Xavier beat Alabama 64-45 in the first round of the AdvoCare Invitational on Thursday.
- Turk helps Loyola of Chicago beat San Diego 67-57 in Alaska Updated: Nov-26-15 3:59 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Devon Turk scored 25 points with six rebounds and Loyola of Chicago knocked off San Diego 67-57 in the Great Alaska Shootout.
- Clemson big men lead in 76-58 win over Rutgers Updated: Nov-26-15 2:55 am
LAS VEGAS - Clemson coach Brad Brownell figured his big men might have a size advantage Wednesday night against Rutgers in the Main Event tournament consolation game.
- Creighton dispatches UMass 97-76 Updated: Nov-26-15 2:24 am
LAS VEGAS - Geoffrey Groselle scored 20 points with nine rebounds and Creighton dispatched Massachusetts 97-76 in the championship game at the Main Event Tournament at the MGM Grand.
- Princeton dominates Lafayette from outset in 104-52 win Updated: Nov-26-15 2:18 am
PRINCETON, New Jersey - Freshman Noah Bramlage scored 14 points and Princeton cruised to its largest victory since 1968 with a 104-52 win over Lafayette on Wednesday night.
- No. 19 Vanderbilt falls short at Maui, 70-63 to No. 5 Kansas Updated: Nov-26-15 2:07 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - For 2 1-2 games Vanderbilt never trailed in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational. Then No. 5 Kansas put the Commodores on the short end of the score for the final 20 minutes and won the tournament for a second time.
- Kansas freshman Diallo cleared to play beginning Dec. 1 Updated: Nov-26-15 1:59 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Cheick Diallo was sitting next to Bill Self, the coach he can now play for, and it was a close call as to whose smile was broader.
- Williams and Boothe help Toledo past San Jose State 89-74 Updated: Nov-26-15 1:46 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Jonathan Williams scored 26 points, Nathan Boothe registered a triple-double, and Toledo beat San Jose State 89-74 to advance in the winner's bracket in the Great Alaska Shootout.
- No. 5 Kansas beats No. 19 Vanderbilt 70-63 for Maui title Updated: Nov-26-15 1:40 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Wayne Selden Jr. and Frank Mason III quickly hatched a plan for sharing the MVP award at the Maui Jim Maui Invitational.
- UC Santa Barbara beats San Francisco 68-61 Updated: Nov-26-15 1:05 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Gabe Vincent scored 18 first-half points with four 3-pointers and UC Santa Barbara held on to beat San Francisco 68-61 on Wednesday night after leading by 25 at halftime.
- Colorado handles Air Force 81-70 Updated: Nov-26-15 12:38 am
BOULDER, Colorado - It happened quickly in a tussle on the floor over a loose ball.
- Nevada defeats Portland State 76-73 Updated: Nov-26-15 12:36 am
RENO, Nevada - Marqueze Coleman scored 21 points with six assists and four rebounds as Nevada beat Portland State 76-73 Wednesday night.
- Seattle beats Great Falls 58-48 Updated: Nov-26-15 12:32 am
KENT, Washington - Jack Crook scored 16 points and grabbed six rebounds as Seattle beat NAIA University of Great Falls 58-48 on Wednesday night.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52 Updated: Nov-26-15 12:31 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Brianna Taylor is learning how to play under control, and that's good news for No. 8 Texas.
- Nebraska Omaha defeats Northern Colorado 105-85 Updated: Nov-26-15 12:29 am
GREELEY, Colorado - Jake White made 8 for 11 field goals and converted all nine free throws to score 25 points and Nebraska Omaha beat Northern Colorado 105-85 Wednesday night.
- Trimble leads No. 2 Maryland past Rhode Island 86-63 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:58 pm
PUERTO AVENTURAS, Mexico - Melo Trimble scores 17 points on 7-for-7 shooting, and No. 2 Maryland beat Rhode Island 86-63 on Wednesday night in the Cancun Challenge.
- UMKC overcomes late rally to beat Lincoln (Mo) 73-72 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:51 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Martez Harrison had 17 points and seven rebounds, and Missouri-Kansas City held off Division II Lincoln (Mo.) 73-72 Wednesday night.
- No. 18 UConn survives Michigan rally in 74-60 win in Bahamas Updated: Nov-25-15 11:48 pm
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Daniel Hamilton had 16 points, nine rebounds and nine assists, and No. 18 UConn beat Michigan 74-60 on Wednesday night in the opening round of the Battle 4 Atlantis.
- New Mexico beats Nicholls State 75-63 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:42 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Elijah Brown scored five of his 18 points at the start of a decisive 14-2 New Mexico run Wednesday night that helped propel the Lobos to a 75-63 win over Nicholls State.
- Loyola Marymount holds on to beat CS Northridge 82-80 in OT Updated: Nov-25-15 11:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - Joshua Spiers scored five of his 24 points in overtime and Loyola Marymount held on to beat Cal State Northridge 82-80 on Wednesday night.
- Benjamin scores 25 as No. 21 Oregon beats Arkansas State Updated: Nov-25-15 11:32 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - This time, it was Dwayne Benjamin leading the way for No. 21 Oregon.
- Wyoming holds off CS Bakersfield 68-64 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:30 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Josh Adams scored 23 points, Jonathan Barnes had a go-ahead dunk with 13 seconds left, and Wyoming held off a second-half rally to beat CS Bakersfield 68-64 on Wednesday night.
- Marcus Evans leads Rice to 92-84 win over Lamar Updated: Nov-25-15 11:24 pm
HOUSTON - Marcus Evans scored 20 points to lead six players in double figures as Rice picked up its first victory with a 92-84 win over Lamar on Wednesday night.