- SEC coaches Saban, Bielema want to change NFL draft rules Updated: May-31-16 8:44 pm
DESTIN, Florida - Alabama's Nick Saban and Arkansas' Bret Bielema would like to see a major change to rules regarding NFL draft entry.
- Gophers forward Buggs to play elsewhere as graduate transfer Updated: May-31-16 7:03 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota forward Charles Buggs will leave the program to play elsewhere in his final year of eligibility.
- Obama congratulates Villanova for winning NCAA title Updated: May-31-16 6:23 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama congratulated the Villanova University men's basketball team Tuesday for winning what he described as "maybe the best title game of all time" in this year's NCAA tournament.
- Michigan State announces incoming graduate transfer Updated: May-31-16 5:48 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Former UNLV forward Ben Carter is joining Michigan State's basketball team for the 2016-17 season as a graduate transfer.
- Suspended guard Marcus Stroman leaving South Carolina Updated: May-31-16 5:36 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Suspended sophomore point guard Marcus Stroman is transferring from South Carolina.
- Pac-12 all-star team headed on Australian tour Updated: May-31-16 4:23 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 Conference will send an all-star men's basketball team to Australia in July for a series of exhibition games.
- As investigations continue, Louisville's Pitino looks ahead Updated: May-31-16 4:11 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Rick Pitino raved about Louisville's potential next season, suggesting Tuesday that the Cardinals' length and speed mirrors the strengths of the 1996 NCAA championship squad he coached at archrival Kentucky.
- Lundquist to step down from SEC football on CBS after 2016 Updated: May-31-16 3:08 pm
NEW YORK - Verne Lundquist will call one more season of Southeastern Conference football for CBS before Brad Nessler takes over the sport's highest-rated TV package.
- Belmont hires alum Scott Corley as athletic director Updated: May-31-16 1:46 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Belmont has selected Scott Corley, a former star basketball player at the school, as its athletic director.
- Baylor AD McCaw resigns in wake of sexual assault scandal Updated: May-30-16 7:49 pm
WACO, Texas - Baylor athletic director Ian McCaw has resigned, less than a week after he was put on probation as part of the school's reaction to a scathing report about its failure to properly respond to allegations of sexual assaults.
- US coach promotes wheelchair basketball in Gaza Updated: May-30-16 8:14 am
KHAN YOUNIS, Gaza Strip - A top U.S. coach is in the Gaza Strip to help set up the territory's first female wheelchair basketball team.
- North Carolina wins women's lacrosse championship Updated: May-29-16 7:29 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Aly Messinger and Megan Ward led North Carolina to its second NCAA women's lacrosse championship in four years Sunday, 13-7 over Maryland at Talen Energy Stadium.
- Murfreesboro hospice patient meets basketball player Updated: May-29-16 11:37 am
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Back in the 1990s, avid sports fan Harvey Branch worked across the street from Shelbyville Central High School, home to the nationally famous Golden Eaglettes. He began closely following the winning girls' basketball team, which had garnered many wins and a national title, explained Branch's daughter Jennifer Frank.
- Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame welcomes 8 new members Updated: May-28-16 2:33 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The eight newest members of the Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame represent sports ranging from basketball to pistol shooting.
- Canisius hires Reggie Witherspoon as basketball coach Updated: May-28-16 12:45 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Reggie Witherspoon is returning home to Buffalo to coach the Canisius College basketball team.
- Mississippi self-imposes scholarship cuts in football Updated: May-27-16 3:50 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi has self-imposed scholarship reductions in football because of NCAA violations and is still investigating more allegations involving first-round NFL draft pick Laremy Tunsil.
- UNC's Roy Williams recovering from knee replacement surgery Updated: May-27-16 1:11 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina Hall of Fame men's basketball coach Roy Williams is recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Former Asbury University coach wins civil case Updated: May-27-16 12:07 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Two state courts have affirmed a Jessamine County jury's verdict in favor of Debi Powell, a former women's basketball coach at Asbury University.
- Utah to play rival BYU in basketball again in 2017 Updated: May-26-16 6:05 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah will play rival BYU in basketball again in 2017 in a game that will end a "cooling off period" Utah demanded due to events at recent games.
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its athletic program Updated: May-26-16 5:37 pm
More than a decade ago, Baylor was at the center of a sordid scandal involving murder and drugs, leading to some of the harshest penalties the NCAA has ever doled out.
- NC State Martin twins transferring to Nevada hoops Updated: May-26-16 5:29 pm
RENO, Nevada - Caleb and Cody Martin, the 6-foot-7 twin brothers who played basketball at North Carolina State last season, are transferring to Nevada.
- Clemson signs another transfer, ex-Valparaiso F David Skara Updated: May-26-16 2:50 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson has added former Valparaiso forward David Skara to its roster.
- Fleming hired to coach St. Bonaventure women's basketball Updated: May-26-16 2:02 pm
OLEAN, New York - St. Bonaventure has hired Bowling Green assistant Jesse Fleming to coach its women's basketball team.
- Crews move Magic Johnson statue amid $50M renovation project Updated: May-26-16 12:38 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Construction crews at Michigan State University's Breslin Center have moved a statue of Earvin "Magic" Johnson as part of an ongoing $50 million renovation project.
- Not guilty plea in slaying of Mercer basketball player Updated: May-26-16 4:45 am
MACON, Georgia - One of two men accused in the February shooting death of a Mercer University basketball player has pleaded not guilty.