- Vigil held for New Jersey student killed at frat house Updated: May-04-16 6:02 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - A vigil has been held for a New Jersey Institute of Technology student shot to death during a burglary at a fraternity house near the school.
- FSU student reps: No headdresses at Seminoles games Updated: May-03-16 8:08 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State University's student government has passed a resolution discouraging Seminoles fans from wearing Native American headdresses at games.
- Curry wins pro basketball writers' Magic Johnson Award Updated: May-03-16 3:03 pm
NEW YORK - Stephen Curry has won the Magic Johnson Award, given by the Professional Basketball Writers Association to an NBA player who combines excellence on the court with cooperation with the public and media.
- Denver suburb uses pot sales tax revenue to help homeless Updated: May-03-16 2:35 pm
AURORA, Colorado - The Denver suburb of Aurora is using recreational marijuana sales tax revenue to help the homeless.
- Florida's high court urged to throw out death sentences Updated: May-03-16 1:18 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - With the fate of hundreds of Florida death row inmates in limbo, a group of former top judges and legal officials called on the state Supreme Court to impose life sentences on nearly 400 people now awaiting execution.
- Christie mourns death of NJIT student killed at frat house Updated: May-03-16 12:40 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie says he was shocked by the shooting death of a New Jersey Institute of Technology student killed during a burglary at a fraternity house near the school.
- U of Illinois-Springfield to build first student union Updated: May-02-16 10:50 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The University of Illinois campus in Springfield is preparing to break ground on its first-ever student union building.
- The Latest: Student killed in frat house was in 2nd year Updated: May-02-16 12:32 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The Latest on the fatal shooting of a student during a burglary at a frat house near New Jersey Institute of Technology (all times local):
- 'Walk-ins' planned at Jefferson County schools Updated: May-02-16 6:59 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Jefferson County Teacher's Association is encouraging "walk-ins" at member schools as a response to potential changes of district policies, some of which affect teacher pay.
- Protesters urge Dartmouth College to divest in fossil fuels Updated: May-02-16 3:47 am
HANOVER, New Hampshire - More than 400 protesters took to the on-campus home of Dartmouth College President Philip Hanlon over the weekend to urge the school to shed its investments in fossil fuel companies.
- Baylor alumni group approves settlement terms Updated: May-01-16 1:24 pm
WACO, Texas - Members of the Baylor Alumni Association have voted to accept the terms of an agreement with Baylor University that settles a long-running dispute that had fractured campus relations and resulted in competing lawsuits.
- University students aim to put Crimson Racing on map Updated: May-01-16 10:30 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - As a crowd of onlookers lined the sidewalk of Seventh Avenue on the University of Alabama campus on April 27, members of Crimson Racing unveiled their 2016 Formula car, which zipped up and down the street with team captain Cole Frederick at the wheel.
- 'Rutgers Day' festival draws record-setting crowd Updated: Apr-30-16 4:30 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Rutgers officials say a record-setting crowd turned out to get an up-close look at the university and its many offerings.
- Theater program aims to divert youth from wrong path Updated: Apr-30-16 2:22 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - When kids make poor choices, it's easy for them to go down the wrong path without guidance. So, a Western Kentucky University theater program is attempting to intervene in the lives of local low-level juvenile offenders by allowing them to act out their experiences on stage.
- Doughty, Karlsson, Burns finalists for Norris Trophy Updated: Apr-29-16 8:20 pm
NEW YORK - Los Angeles' Drew Doughty, Ottawa's Erik Karlsson and San Jose's Brent Burns are the finalists for the James Norris Memorial Trophy as the NHL's top defenseman.
- Ball State University Senate adopts transparency resolution Updated: Apr-29-16 3:20 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - Ball State University leaders have adopted a resolution that came about following the abrupt resignation of school President Paul Ferguson.
- Elected CU student leaders accused of making pizza bribes Updated: Apr-29-16 8:46 am
BOULDER, Colorado - Two of the winning presidential candidates in the University of Colorado's student government elections will not be allowed to take office after allegations that they used bribes of cookies and pizzas to gain votes.
- Doubts about honesty led to university chancellor's removal Updated: Apr-29-16 3:29 am
SAN FRANCISCO - University of California President Janet Napolitano felt compelled to remove the chancellor of UC Davis after documents contradicted the campus leader's contention that she did not have any dealings with contractors that were hired to bolster the school's image online, a university spokeswoman said Thursday.
- Hawaii looks to allow psychologists to prescribe drugs Updated: Apr-28-16 8:42 pm
HONOLULU - State lawmakers are poised to make Hawaii one of a handful of states that allow psychologists to prescribe medication in hopes of increasing access to mental health services.
- Bergeron, Kesler, Kopitar are Selke Trophy finalists Updated: Apr-28-16 8:11 pm
NEW YORK - Boston's Patrice Bergeron, Anaheim's Ryan Kesler and Los Angeles' Anze Kopitar are the finalists for the Frank J. Selke Trophy as the NHL's top defensive forward.
- 2 NAU fraternities disciplined for not registering events Updated: Apr-28-16 4:27 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Northern Arizona University's two largest fraternities have been disciplined for holding unregistered events where alcohol was served.
- Gunman robs Temple University fraternity house, alert issued Updated: Apr-28-16 7:41 am
PHILADELPHIA - Temple University has issued an alert after a student reported being robbed by a gunman in a fraternity house.
- Secretary of state, her staff, to skip Tennessee meeting Updated: Apr-27-16 9:28 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Washington secretary of state says no one from her office will attend a national conference in Tennessee in part because of a bill signed by the governor there allowing counselors to refuse to treat patients based the therapist's religious or personal beliefs.
- Nets' Ellington wins J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award Updated: Apr-27-16 8:13 pm
NEW YORK - Brooklyn Nets guard Wayne Ellington has won the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award for outstanding service and dedication to the community.
- University of Kentucky suspends fraternity for hazing Updated: Apr-27-16 4:57 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The University of Kentucky has suspended a fraternity for five years for alcohol and hazing violations.