- 1 student killed, 3 wounded at Arizona campus during fight Updated: Oct-09-15 9:39 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - An overnight brawl between two groups of students escalated into gun violence Friday when a freshman at Northern Arizona University opened fire on four fraternity members, killing one and wounding three.
- The Latest: Prosecutor says campus shooting not self-defense Updated: Oct-09-15 5:39 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The latest on the shooting at Northern Arizona University (all times local):
- North Dakota fraternity cleared of hate crime accusation Updated: Oct-09-15 9:57 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A monthlong police investigation has concluded that a gay man who reported being the victim of a hate crime at a University of North Dakota fraternity invented the story and actually instigated the fight.
- Indiana U. fraternity charter revoked over explicit video Updated: Oct-08-15 6:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Alpha Tau Omega revoked the charter and closed its Indiana University chapter Thursday following the release of a video purportedly showing a fraternity member performing a sex act on a woman.
- Hearing set in lawsuit over Clemson fraternity death Updated: Oct-07-15 12:00 pm
PICKENS, South Carolina - Court records in Pickens show that a hearing has been scheduled next month on motions in wrongful death and personal injury lawsuits stemming from the death of Clemson University student Tucker Hipps last year.
- 2nd football player removed from team after fight Updated: Oct-06-15 8:29 pm
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - A second University of Rhode Island football player has been dismissed from the team after a fight at a campus fraternity.
- Schlissel: Risky behavior trouble for Greeks at Michigan Updated: Oct-06-15 8:20 pm
DETROIT - Fraternities and sororities need to reduce alcohol consumption or they "may naturally wither" at the University of Michigan, the school's president said Tuesday.
- Fraternity member sentenced to probation in resort vandalism Updated: Oct-06-15 11:55 am
GAYLORD, Michigan - A member of a now-closed University of Michigan fraternity has been sentenced to two years of probation for a misdemeanor charge connected to vandalism at a ski resort.
- 2 URI football players arrested for alleged assault Updated: Oct-05-15 2:48 pm
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - Two University of Rhode Island football players have been arrested for an alleged assault on several campus fraternity members.
- Michigan fraternity rolling tub 170 miles to help hospital Updated: Oct-03-15 10:12 am
SAULT STE. MARIE, Michigan - Members of a college fraternity are on a roll between two of the largest cities in the Upper Peninsula.
- Police: 11 more charged in hazing death of NYC student Updated: Oct-01-15 3:14 pm
POCONO PINES, Pennsylvania - Eleven more suspects have been charged in Pennsylvania in the hazing death of a New York City fraternity pledge.
- Dartmouth fraternity sues town over housing dispute Updated: Oct-01-15 12:46 pm
HANOVER, New Hampshire - A Dartmouth College fraternity that lost its recognition on campus after it was accused of branding new members is suing the town of Hanover and its zoning board over a ruling that keeps its members from living in their house.
- Supreme Court revives suit over Greek role in election Updated: Oct-01-15 8:39 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - The Alabama Supreme Court is reviving a lawsuit over the role of sorority and fraternity members in a Tuscaloosa city election.
- 5 Alabama fraternity members jailed on hazing charges Updated: Oct-01-15 3:25 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Five University of Alabama fraternity members have been arrested in Tuscaloosa on charges of hazing.
- 2 plead not guilty to murder of UCLA student found in fire Updated: Sep-30-15 12:33 am
LOS ANGELES - Two 22-year-old men fatally stabbed a University of California, Los Angeles student before setting her apartment on fire, prosecutors said Tuesday.
- UM frats, sororities banned from holding events with alcohol Updated: Sep-29-15 10:36 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The University of Montana has banned fraternities and sororities from holding events involving alcohol, citing the chapters' poor behavior over homecoming weekend.
- UF student arrested for illegal gator hide at frat house Updated: Sep-26-15 12:48 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - A University of Florida student is in legal trouble after an alligator hide was found drying in his fraternity house's backyard.
- After July visit, Harreld praised U. Iowa campus atmosphere Updated: Sep-25-15 4:58 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Business leader Bruce Harreld praised the relationship between the University of Iowa faculty and administration after visiting campus in July, two months before his hiring as school president threw its governance into turmoil, newly released emails show.
- 2 USU fraternities sanctioned as police probe new rape claim Updated: Sep-24-15 8:11 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Two fraternities at Utah State University have been sanctioned amid a pair of sexual assault cases as authorities investigate a separate alleged rape at a branch campus, a spokesman for the institution said Thursday.
- Annual muddy tradition at U. of Michigan at risk of ending Updated: Sep-24-15 12:30 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Former members of a now-disbanded fraternity chapter at the University of Michigan say they want to continue a muddy tradition despite objections from the school and the national fraternity.
- Ex-Utah State frat brother accused of rape gets trial date Updated: Sep-23-15 3:24 pm
LOGAN, Utah - A former Utah State University fraternity brother is set to face trial in February on sexual assault charges.
- Montana State fraternity suspended over members' parties Updated: Sep-22-15 9:08 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Montana State University has placed a fraternity on interim suspension and warned students against attending parties in an area southwest of campus while school officials investigate reports that party-goers were assaulted and drinks may have been drugged.
- Survey: 1 in 4 college women report unwanted sexual contact Updated: Sep-21-15 4:02 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Nearly a quarter of undergraduate women surveyed at more than two dozen universities say they experienced unwanted sexual contact sometime during college, according to a report released Monday.
- 85 Yale fraternity members face trial in tailgate death suit Updated: Sep-18-15 8:02 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A judge has ruled that 85 members of a Yale University fraternity will face trial in a lawsuit brought by the families of two victims of a crash during tailgating events before a football game against Harvard in 2011.
- New Southern University leader optimistic about future Updated: Sep-18-15 6:58 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Ray Belton has been at the helm of the Southern University System for about 60 days, but already he says he recognizes the challenges he faces.