- Authorities: Man posing as brother during arrest sentenced Updated: Aug-28-15 8:20 am
ST. ALBANS, West Virginia - A St. Albans man has been sentenced for pretending to be his brother after police found marijuana in his apartment.
- Kansan convicted of stealing father's identity to get loan Updated: Aug-28-15 7:34 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Junction City man is facing up to 30 years in prison and a $1 million fine after being convicted of stealing his father's identity to apply for a loan.
- NY teens allegedly stole credit card numbers in Louisiana Updated: Aug-28-15 4:05 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Two teenage girls from Brooklyn, New York, are accused of charging $30,000 to credit card numbers stolen while they worked for a week as waitresses in south Louisiana.
- Former IRS worker in Texas sentenced for fraud, ID theft Updated: Aug-27-15 8:07 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A former IRS employee in Texas has been sentenced to two years and a day in prison for stealing personal data to file more than 50 bogus tax returns.
- Ayotte hosts Budget Committee field hearing in Manchester Updated: Aug-26-15 5:08 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte is holding a Budget Committee field hearing in New Hampshire to explore the problem of tax-related identify theft.
- Cuomo to college students: fake IDs pose identity theft risk Updated: Aug-26-15 3:07 am
ALBANY, New York - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is warning college students about the risks of buying fake IDs online.
- Woman gets 4 years in prison for posing as hospice caregiver Updated: Aug-25-15 5:01 am
DALLAS - A 34-year-old woman has been sentenced to four years in federal prison for stealing the identity of a registered nurse and treating hospice patients in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- IRS: Computer breach bigger than first thought; 334K victims Updated: Aug-17-15 6:14 pm
WASHINGTON - A computer breach at the IRS in which thieves stole tax information from thousands of taxpayers is much bigger than the agency originally disclosed.
- Judge dismisses indictment in identity theft case Updated: Aug-12-15 2:24 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A judge has dismissed the indictment against the wife of a Mexican man accused of changing an identity theft victim's name on a birth certificate to his own.
- Florida man sentenced to 17 years in stolen ID tax scheme Updated: Aug-12-15 3:23 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Florida man has been sentenced to 17 years in prison for his role in a stolen identity tax refund scheme.
- Ex-band director facing 2+ years' prison in ID theft case Updated: Aug-12-15 3:04 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A former school band director is facing a minimum of two years in federal prison after pleading guilty to identity theft and other charges.
- 32 Long Beach gang members indicted in $14.3 million scheme Updated: Aug-10-15 9:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - Thirty two members and associates of a Long Beach street gang have been indicted on charges of operating a $14.3 million identity theft and tax fraud scheme, authorities said Monday.
- Ex-postal worker sentenced for stealing USPS money Updated: Aug-08-15 10:38 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Authorities say a former postal worker has been sentenced to a year and 8 months in prison for stealing from the U.S. Postal Service and for using information from stolen mail for identity theft.
- 3 Florida ID theft suspects caught in NY; 2 still sought Updated: Aug-03-15 6:44 am
WHITNEY POINT, New York - Authorities say two men remain at large after they fled from state police who had arrested three of their companions from Florida following a chase on Interstate 81 in central New York.