- Paycheck mystery: More jobs and fewer people but limp raises Updated: Oct-03-15 10:41 am
WASHINGTON - Companies have posted a record number of job openings just when a diminished proportion of Americans are either working or looking for work.
- Apart from low unemployment, just how healthy is job market? Updated: Oct-01-15 3:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. unemployment rate - now just 5.1 percent - grabs a lot of the attention each month when the government issues its jobs data. Yet the rate doesn't come close to sketching a full picture of the job market.
- Florida Gov. Scott now Big Apple bound in job hunt Updated: Oct-01-15 3:26 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott is Big Apple bound as part of his ongoing push to lure jobs to the Sunshine State.
- Retailers featured at job fair set for southwest Ohio Updated: Sep-27-15 1:01 pm
BATAVIA, Ohio - A workforce center in southwest Ohio plans a retail job fair later this month.
- Feds: 'Porn King' sentenced for duping 250-plus job seekers Updated: Sep-25-15 6:58 am
BUFFALO, New York - A western New York man who called himself the "Porn King" has been sentenced for duping more than 250 people into giving him money in return for jobs in the pornography business that didn't exist.
- Shreveport Police to hold job fair Updated: Sep-23-15 4:06 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The Shreveport Police Department is seeking to boost its force as it holds its annual job fair this weekend.
- 2.3 million answer Indian state's post for 368 menial jobs Updated: Sep-18-15 7:58 am
LUCKNOW, India - When a northern Indian state announced a few hundred job openings for low-level office workers who run errands and make tea, the response was staggering.
- Missouri lawmakers cut jobless benefits, limit minimum wages Updated: Sep-17-15 12:30 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's Republican-led Legislature put a conservative stamp on state employment laws Wednesday, voting to cut unemployment benefits to one of the shortest periods nationally while also outlawing local minimum wage increases.
- EU court: Germany entitled to cut benefits to Swedish family Updated: Sep-15-15 10:06 am
BERLIN - Germany is entitled to cut off unemployment benefits to a Swedish family that came to the country to find work but only held temporary jobs for a short time, a European Union court ruled Tuesday.
- Vermont job fair to be held in South Burlington Updated: Sep-15-15 4:40 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Employers across a range of industries, as well as government agencies, will be staffing booths at a job fair being put on by the state Department of Labor.
- State hiring for new detention center in Bunkie Updated: Sep-14-15 2:59 pm
BUNKIE, Louisiana - A job fair is set for Tuesday as the state Office of Juvenile Justice begins hiring employees for a new detention facility in Bunkie.
- Air Force base in Ohio, county jobs agency to hold job fair Updated: Sep-14-15 6:42 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Ohio's largest military base is partnering with a jobs agency to hold a job fair featuring more than 100 Ohio employers.