- Chinese transgender man fights for job equality Updated: May-31-16 2:02 am
BEIJING - A 28-year-old transgender man who goes by the name of "Mr. C" has become the public face of the fight for job equality in China, where sexual and gender minorities are only beginning to emerge from virtual invisibility.
- Labor officials remind employers to obey child labor laws Updated: May-26-16 4:36 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - As students across Tennessee look for summer jobs, state Department of Labor and Workforce Development officials are reminding employers about child labor laws that ensure teens are safe.
- Brey looks to former Irish players to fill assistant jobs Updated: May-25-16 6:04 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Coach Mike Brey is looking at former Notre Dame players he coached to fill two assistant jobs that just came open.
- Website, job fair set up to help laid-off oil, gas workers Updated: May-25-16 8:08 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - An effort is underway in the Bayou Region of Louisiana to help workers affected by oil and gas industry downsizing to find training options and new jobs in south Louisiana.
- Website, fair to help laid-off gas, oil workers find work Updated: May-25-16 4:28 am
SCHRIEVER, Louisiana - An effort is underway to help laid-off oil and gas industry workers find training options and new jobs in south Louisiana.
- Proposals sought to attract jobs, industry to Appalachia Updated: May-18-16 1:20 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky officials are seeking proposals from local leaders for projects that will attract new industry and more jobs to Appalachia.
- Job fair planned Thursday in South Burlington Updated: May-17-16 12:35 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Recruiters Association and the Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce are holding a job fair this week in South Burlington.
- West Virginia holding state government career fair Updated: May-16-16 10:01 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia is holding a state government career fair this week.
- ABC's Jimmy Kimmel launches 'campaign' for veep Updated: May-12-16 10:43 pm
NEW YORK - Late-night comic Jimmy Kimmel says he's looking for a new job - vice president of the United States.
- New Hampshire job fairs in Salem, Conway, Littleton Updated: May-10-16 9:00 am
SALEM, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Employment Security is hosting job fairs in Salem, Conway and Littleton this week.
- Memphis interim police director applying for permanent job Updated: May-10-16 1:31 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Officials say interim Memphis Police Director Michael Rallings is applying for the permanent position.
- Bethel library closing for 3 months of renovations Updated: May-07-16 4:31 pm
BETHEL, Alaska - Bethel's only library will be closed for at least three months as the Kuskokwim University Campus facility undergoes renovations.
- State and Nashville nursing home team up for job fair Updated: May-05-16 4:20 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation and the Middle Tennessee Career Coach will be hosting a job fair for those interested in both skilled and unskilled work at the nursing home.
- 240 students from 6 Detroit schools to attend career expo Updated: May-04-16 8:44 pm
DETROIT - About 240 students from a half-dozen high schools in Detroit are expected to participate in the police department's annual Bridging the Gap youth career expo.
- Louisiana editorial roundup Updated: May-04-16 4:38 pm
Recent editorials from Louisiana newspapers: