- Justices boost workplace religious protections Updated: Jun-01-15 1:18 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court strengthened civil rights protections Monday for employees and job applicants who need special treatment in the workplace because of their religious beliefs.
- Contra Costa County to host job fair with 4 dozen companies Updated: May-28-15 6:18 am
BRENTWOOD, California - Contra Costa County expects hundreds of people looking for a job at its job fair.
- North Carolina unemployment rate up to 5.5 percent in April Updated: May-27-15 12:35 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A continuing stream of sidelined workers who have resumed looking for jobs caused North Carolina's unemployment rate to tick up to 5.5 percent in April.
- Connecticut adds 1,200 jobs in April as jobless rate falls Updated: May-26-15 3:01 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Employers in Connecticut added 1,200 jobs in April, the 10th monthly job gain in the past year, the Department of Labor said Tuesday.
- Mideast youth unemployment rises amid post-Arab Spring chaos Updated: May-21-15 3:40 pm
KITTEH, Jordan - Fawziyeh Sharif and dozens of other young women who make jeans for the U.S. market in a factory in this village in northern Jordan consider themselves lucky - even though they spend 48 hours a week bent over sewing machines for minimum wage.
- Indiana State Fair to hold job fair, wants to hire 500 Updated: May-21-15 8:04 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana State Fair organizers hope to hire more than 500 seasonal workers for this year's event.
- Assembly, maintenance, wait staff jobs at Littleton event Updated: May-13-15 4:34 am
LITTLETON, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Employment Security agency is hosting a job fair in Littleton, New Hampshire, on Thursday.
- For some long-term unemployed, hope arises: A job audition Updated: May-06-15 12:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Bill Lewis was under more pressure than most new hires when he began a job in information technology last year in Monroe, Connecticut. Jobless for a year, he had eight weeks to persuade his employer to keep him and pay his salary.
- Lafayette government agency to host job fair next week Updated: May-05-15 12:32 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Economic Development Authority will host its annual job fair next week.
- Suit: No automatic license suspensions over child support Updated: May-04-15 1:50 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A new class action lawsuit seeks to end the automatic suspensions of driver's licenses held by parents in New Jersey who are behind on child support payments.