- Ohio seeks flexibility in work rules for those on welfare Updated: Nov-30-15 4:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio officials have asked the federal government for flexibility in work requirements for some welfare recipients, saying that certain rules don't provide enough time for people to complete vocational training or other job-related activities.
- Former western Indiana town marshal sues, seeks job back Updated: Nov-28-15 10:45 am
SULLIVAN, Indiana - The former town marshal for a western Indiana community is suing town board members, seeking back pay and his job back.
- Coffeyville weathers Amazon job losses better than expected Updated: Nov-24-15 2:20 pm
COFFEYVILLE, Kansas - Football fans still pack Veterans Memorial Stadium here on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons in the fall. The Verdigris River still flows sluggishly by.
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump claims 100M people looking for work Updated: Nov-20-15 7:07 am
NEWTON, Iowa - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump often argues the number of people looking for work in the U.S. far surpasses government figures, something he says helps fuel the discontent that drives thousands of people to his rallies.
- Michigan seeks to expand jobs for those with disabilities Updated: Nov-19-15 6:26 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Lt. Gov. Brian Calley has signed an executive order that's designed to bring increased job opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Coast career expo for 8th graders expanding statewide Updated: Nov-19-15 5:53 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - Over the course of two days this week, 6,000 eighth-graders will walk through the Pathways2Possibilities career fair in Biloxi.
- MNsure selects internal candidate to lead insurance exchange Updated: Nov-18-15 4:12 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - MNsure tapped its interim leader Wednesday to run the health insurance exchange permanently even though she didn't apply for the job.
- Hospitality company holding job fair for Baltimore-area jobs Updated: Nov-10-15 10:01 am
BALTIMORE - Hospitality company HMSHost is planning to hire more than 80 people for full- and part-time restaurant jobs at Hanover's Arundel Mills mall and at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport during a job fair.
- Special testing time offered for veterans seeking jail jobs Updated: Nov-08-15 4:01 am
DETROIT - Wayne County is seeking to fill nearly 200 jail officer positions and has scheduled a special testing session for U.S. military veterans.
- Mid-Columbia schools stop requiring teaching degrees Updated: Nov-08-15 2:02 am
KENNEWICK, Washington - Student teacher Jenn Smith was pleasantly surprised when she learned the Richland School District planned a teacher job fair in early October.
- Former UH football coach to apply for job opening Updated: Nov-04-15 10:13 am
HONOLULU - The winningest coach in University of Hawaii football history wants his job back following the recent firing of head coach Norm Chow.