- FBI creates Facebook page in Farsi for case of missing agent Updated: Feb-02-16 2:00 pm
WASHINGTON - The FBI has launched a Facebook page in Farsi to solicit tips on the whereabouts of Robert Levinson, a former FBI agent who went missing in Iran nine years ago.
- US seeks to nix charges against Iranian man in prisoner swap Updated: Feb-01-16 4:54 pm
NEW YORK - The U.S. government urged a Manhattan judge on Monday to drop charges against an Iranian man to satisfy the terms of a prisoner swap between the countries.
- Wife of pastor who was imprisoned in Iran seeks separation Updated: Jan-27-16 5:41 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The wife of an American pastor who was imprisoned for nearly four years in Iran filed court documents to legally separate from him the same day he returned home to Idaho, court records show.
- Pastor who was imprisoned in Iran returns home to Idaho Updated: Jan-26-16 8:23 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An American pastor who was imprisoned for nearly four years in Iran returned home on Tuesday to Boise.
- GOP lawmakers question $1.7 billion payment US made to Iran Updated: Jan-23-16 3:24 am
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration's $1.7 billion payment to Iran to settle an arcane, decades-old financial dispute is prompting questions among Republican lawmakers trying to piece together the full scope of last weekend's dramatic U.S.-Iranian prisoner swap and the lifting of many American sanctions on Tehran.
- Former US Marine, released from Iran, back home in Michigan Updated: Jan-21-16 6:18 pm
FLINT, Michigan - A former U.S. Marine recently released from Iran in a prisoner-swap deal returned to his home state of Michigan on Thursday, saying shortly after his airplane landed that he had endured "a very long road."
- Latest: Ex-US Marine released from Iran grateful for support Updated: Jan-21-16 4:46 pm
FLINT, Michigan - The latest on the return to the United States of former Iranian prisoner Amir Hekmati (all times local):
- Mother of slain journalist: Hostages' return gives hope Updated: Jan-20-16 12:52 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The mother of slain journalist James Foley said Wednesday the family was "delighted" to see the return of four Iranian-American citizens freed by Iran in a prisoner swap with the United States and is hopeful that the U.S. government will make hostages more of a priority.
- Post's Rezaian makes brief appearance outside hospital Updated: Jan-20-16 10:12 am
LANDSTUHL, Germany - Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian made a brief appearance outside the U.S. military's Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany, where he's being treated along with two other Americans who were just freed by Iran in a prisoner exchange.
- The Latest: Massachusetts man freed from Iran returns home Updated: Jan-18-16 12:16 am
TEHRAN, Iran - The latest developments as Iran and world powers implement a landmark deal reached last year to curb Iran's nuclear activities in exchange for the lifting of international sanctions (all times local).
- Massachusetts man detained 40 days in Iran returns home Updated: Jan-17-16 11:43 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts man held captive in Iran for 40 days returned home to friends and family Sunday night.
- The Latest: Hingham man detained in Iran prison returns home Updated: Jan-17-16 11:13 pm
BOSTON - The latest in the release of a Hingham, Massachusetts, man who had been detained in an Iranian prison for 40 days (all times are local):
- Obama says 'tireless' effort led to prisoner release Updated: Jan-17-16 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says Americans long held in Iran will soon be reunited with their families and says "tireless" diplomacy made it possible.
- Iran warmly welcomes sanctions' end, though long thaw ahead Updated: Jan-16-16 6:32 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - The announcement on Saturday that Iran had satisfied its obligations under a nuclear deal with world powers was expected to pave the way for a new economic reality in the Islamic Republic, free from years of harsh international economic sanctions.