- Iran president welcomes parliamentary results Updated: May-01-16 4:01 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's official IRNA news agency reports that President Hassan Rouhani has welcomed the success of the moderate-reformist bloc in parliamentary runoff elections.
- Iran votes in parliamentary runoff as rare shooting wounds 4 Updated: Apr-29-16 12:05 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranians voted Friday in the country's parliamentary runoff elections, a key poll that will decide how much power allies of moderate President Hassan Rouhani will have in the next legislature after the landmark nuclear deal with world powers.
- Ex-president calls on Iranians to cast votes in runoff Updated: Apr-24-16 11:58 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's reformist ex-president has called on Iranians to cast their votes in the upcoming runoff parliamentary elections on April 29.
- Northern New Mexico city gets first female mayor Updated: Apr-14-16 12:35 pm
LAS VEGAS, New Mexico - Voters in Las Vegas have made history by electing Tonita Gurule-Giron as the northern New Mexico community's first female mayor.
- Runoff set for House race to replace Ronnie Edwards Updated: Apr-12-16 4:04 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Voters have narrowed the field to two in the race to replace state Rep. Ronnie Edwards, who passed away in February.
- Peru markets rally as runoff vote dominated by conservatives Updated: Apr-11-16 7:28 pm
LIMA, Peru - Investors are celebrating the apparent elimination of a leftist candidate in Peru's presidential election as the country gears up for a tight June runoff between the daughter of jailed former President Alberto Fujimori and a conservative economist beloved by Wall Street.
- Runoffs in 2 state school board races Tuesday Updated: Apr-10-16 11:24 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Some Alabama voters head to the polls Tuesday for primary runoffs in two state school board races and other down ballot elections. Here's what to look for in Tuesday's election.
- Chatham County swears in department veteran as new sheriff Updated: Apr-06-16 6:39 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A former jail administrator with four decades of law enforcement experience is taking over as Chatham County's new sheriff.
- Official: Numerous hurdles to concluding Haiti elections Updated: Apr-05-16 6:28 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The head of Haiti's revamped electoral council said Tuesday that the nine-member body is facing numerous hurdles in concluding a troubled election cycle that began last year.