- Markets Right Now: Stocks drift ahead of US payrolls data Updated: May-06-16 6:20 am
LONDON - The Latest on Financial Markets (all times local):
- Asian shares lower ahead of closely watched US jobs report Updated: May-05-16 10:28 pm
TOKYO - Asian markets were mostly lower in nervous trading Friday ahead of a closely watched U.S. jobs-report that may influence interest rate decisions and the value of the U.S. dollar.
- NY approves new virtual currency exchange Updated: May-05-16 5:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York state has approved regulations allowing a new virtual currency called Ether.
- Canadian dollar rises above 80 cent US mark Updated: Apr-29-16 12:43 pm
TORONTO - The Canadian dollar has hit the 80 cent U.S. mark for the first time since last summer, trading at its strongest level since last June.
- Japan central bank holds fire on fresh monetary stimulus Updated: Apr-28-16 3:59 am
TOKYO - Japan's central bank stunned financial markets Thursday with a decision not to splash out still more monetary stimulus for the ailing economy - apart from zero-interest loans for an earthquake zone.
- While leaving US rates unchanged, Fed keeps an eye overseas Updated: Apr-28-16 1:03 am
WASHINGTON - When the Federal Reserve chose not to raise its key interest rate, it nevertheless made clear that its next move will be another increase. That stance puts it at odds with other major central banks, which are doing the reverse - seeking to ease credit to spur lending.
- Japan's central bank leaves monetary policy mostly unchanged Updated: Apr-27-16 11:35 pm
TOKYO - Japan's central bank left its unprecedented monetary stimulus mostly unchanged in a policy meeting Thursday, defying speculation it would open the taps further to boost growth.
- Egypt's pound flops on black market amid exchange crackdown Updated: Apr-21-16 12:26 pm
CAIRO - Egypt's currency fell to new lows on the black market this week, with traders selling it on Thursday from between 11 and 11.15 Egyptian pounds to the dollar amid speculation it will be officially devalued further.
- The Latest: ECB chief downplays idea of 'helicopter money' Updated: Apr-21-16 9:23 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - The Latest on the European Central Bank's policy meeting and news conference (all times local):
- Sweden's central bank expands bond-buying program Updated: Apr-21-16 7:54 am
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's central bank has left its key interest rate unchanged at a record minus 0.50 percent but says it will expand its bond-purchase program by 45 billion kronor ($5.6 billion) in the second half of the year.
- Japan exports, imports fall as economic doldrums persist Updated: Apr-19-16 11:09 pm
TOKYO - Japan's exports fell for a sixth straight month in March, sapped by weak shipments of machinery and chemicals, though a sharper decline in imports helped push the trade surplus to its highest level in more than five years.
- Finance leaders pledge forceful response to boost economy Updated: Apr-16-16 3:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Finance officials on Saturday pledged a more forceful effort to stimulate a sluggish global economy.
- US factory output falls again, but signs of stability appear Updated: Apr-15-16 11:18 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. factory output dropped in March for the second straight month as manufacturers churned out fewer cars, metal parts and machinery. Yet other recent data suggests that the sector's long-running malaise could brighten in the coming months.
- Ex-Argentine president in court in central bank fraud probe Updated: Apr-13-16 3:39 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Former Argentine President Cristina Fernandez proclaimed she was the victim of political persecution on Wednesday after appearing before a local judge in a state fraud investigation.