- University's bond issue prompts budget move in Kansas House Updated: Feb-04-16 4:12 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A new legislative budget measure would limit the University of Kansas' ability to spend unanticipated tuition dollars and extra special funds.
- University of Missouri system's credit outlook is lowered Updated: Feb-02-16 5:03 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A leading bond-rating company on Monday announced it's downgrading the outlook of the University of Missouri system's credit rating, noting the departures of two top administrators amid student protests over racial issues last year on the Columbia campus.
- Rates on 3-month T-bills hit highest level since 2008 crisis Updated: Feb-01-16 5:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Interest rates on short-term Treasury bills rose in Monday's auction with rates on three-month bills rising to their highest level since the 2008 financial crisis.
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: Jan-27-16 6:00 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in the United States and abroad:
- Oklahoma City seeks changes in Indian museum proposal Updated: Jan-27-16 10:29 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City wants the Legislature to change a law to shift responsibility for the stalled American Indian Cultural Center and Museum from the state to the city.
- Interest-only payments concern Kansas lawmakers Updated: Jan-26-16 6:13 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers are pushing for more control over state finances after the Department of Transportation arranged to pay only interest for the first decade on $400 million in recently issued bonds.
- The Latest: Fitch downgrades Chicago schools' credit rating Updated: Jan-20-16 2:59 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on Illinois Republicans proposing a state takeover of Chicago Public Schools (all times local):
- Report: Kansas needs state oversight of local school bonds Updated: Jan-19-16 3:06 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A new report from Republican legislators in Kansas says the state needs to provide greater oversight over local school construction projects.
- Gov't report: Budget deficit to rise to $544B this year Updated: Jan-19-16 2:08 pm
WASHINGTON - A government report released Tuesday estimates that this year's budget deficit will rise to $544 billion, an increase over prior estimates that can be attributed largely to tax cuts and spending increases passed by Congress last month. The deficit and debt picture over the long-term has also worsened considerably.
- Nebraska power utility to issue up to $300 million in bonds Updated: Jan-18-16 5:02 am
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - Nebraska's largest public power utility plans to issue about $300 million of fixed-rate, tax-exempt bonds beginning later this month.
- No great places to shelter from this market turmoil Updated: Jan-14-16 12:23 pm
NEW YORK - Stock prices are crumbling around the world, but the usual place for investors to go for safety, bonds, can't provide as much cover as usual.
- Google puts $41.7 million into Boulder affordable housing Updated: Jan-14-16 11:15 am
BOULDER, Colorado - Google has invested $41.7 million in state-issued bonds to develop affordable housing in Boulder.
- The Latest: Budget plan wouldn't boost pay at Kansas prisons Updated: Jan-13-16 12:40 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The latest on Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback's plan to close the state's projected budget deficit (all times local):