- Republican front-runner Trump proposes tax cuts for all Updated: Sep-28-15 6:21 pm
NEW YORK - After weeks of vowing to raise taxes on "hedge fund guys" and high-income earners, Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump unveiled a tax plan Monday that would cut rates across the board and reduce the amount paid by wealthiest Americans and corporations into the U.S. Treasury.
- School bond ratings scraping bottom in Pennsylvania Updated: Sep-27-15 4:34 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania has the second-most number of school districts with credit ratings that are the equivalent of "junk."
- Tsipras pledges to lead Greece out of crisis by 2019 Updated: Sep-25-15 7:59 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's newly re-elected prime minister pledged Friday to fast-track negotiations with international bailout creditors so the country can be in a position to get some much-needed debt relief.
- Rates fall at weekly Treasury auction; 3-month lowest ever Updated: Sep-21-15 5:43 pm
WASHINGTON - Interest rates on short-term Treasury bills fell in Monday's auction, with the rate on three-month bills hitting its lowest level ever and the rate on six-month bills the lowest since mid-July.
- Moody's downgrades credit rating of France Updated: Sep-18-15 5:03 pm
NEW YORK - Moody's Investors Service is downgrading the credit rating of France, saying the French economy will grow slowly for the rest of this decade while the country's debt remains high.
- The Latest: Political turmoil another risk for Fed Updated: Sep-17-15 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest on the Federal Reserve's decision to keep interest rates at historic near-zero lows (all times local):
- US budget deficit drops to $64.4 billion in August Updated: Sep-11-15 2:14 pm
WASHINGTON - The federal government ran up a much smaller budget deficit in August than a year ago, remaining on track to record the smallest annual deficit in eight years.
- UN approves resolution on restructuring national debts Updated: Sep-11-15 2:35 am
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. General Assembly overwhelmingly approved a resolution sparked by Argentina's debt crisis Thursday that sets out nine principles to restructure national debts.
- Brazil financial markets fall after debt rating downgrade Updated: Sep-10-15 5:57 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazil's financial markets fell on Thursday in the aftermath of credit agency Standard & Poor's downgrading the country's sovereign debt to "junk" status.
- GOP bill pays bondholders if government hits debt limit Updated: Sep-10-15 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - As Congress gears up for another fight over the federal debt, House Republicans advanced legislation Thursday to make sure investors in U.S. Treasury bonds get paid even if the government reaches the limit of its borrowing authority.
- Ex-state lawmaker announces candidacy for 2nd District race Updated: Sep-10-15 4:14 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Focusing on a promise to tackle the burgeoning national debt, former state Sen. Chip Maxwell announced Thursday he will make a Republican bid for Nebraska's Omaha-centric 2nd District congressional seat in 2016.
- Cobb County issues bonds for new Braves stadium Updated: Sep-10-15 11:47 am
ATLANTA - Cobb County has issued more than $376 million in bonds to build a new stadium for the Braves.
- Lockheed Martin protesting loss of defense vehicle contract Updated: Sep-08-15 4:24 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Lockheed Martin says it's protesting the contract for a military vehicle it had hoped to assemble in south Arkansas being awarded to another company.
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage rises to 3.89 percent Updated: Sep-03-15 10:57 am
WASHINGTON - Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates rose this week after a sharp drop the previous week, as global markets continued to whipsaw amid economic disruption in China and uncertainty over Federal Reserve interest-rate policy.
- The Latest: ECB's Draghi says inflation target must stand Updated: Sep-03-15 9:22 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - The latest on the European economy as the European Central Bank meets to discuss its monetary policy (all times local):