- Asian stock markets uneven ahead of ECB decision, jobs data Updated: Dec-01-15 10:38 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Asian stock markets were uneven Wednesday ahead of the European Central Bank's policy meeting and a monthly U.S. job report later in the week that could cement a Fed interest rate hike this month.
- Congress reaches deal on 5-year transportation bill Updated: Dec-01-15 7:06 pm
WASHINGTON - The House and Senate have reached agreement on a 5-year, $281 billion transportation bill that would increase spending to address the nation's aging and congested highways and transit systems - a legislative feat that lawmakers and President Barack Obama have struggled throughout his administration to achieve.
- Hungary to issue bonds in yuan to attract Chinese investors Updated: Nov-25-15 7:46 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary says it will issue government bonds denominated in yuan together with the Bank of China in the hope of attracting more Asian investors.
- State approves $38M in bonds for new Terrebonne schools Updated: Nov-23-15 7:55 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The State Bond Commission has approved $38 million in bonds for the Terrebonne School Board to pay for a new Southdown Elementary School and other facility improvements.
- Tennessee company wins $174M contract for Texas reservoir Updated: Nov-18-15 1:43 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Tennessee company has won a $174 million contract to build the Lane City Reservoir in Southeast Texas.
- Nashua to vote on giving hydroelectric dam to city Updated: Nov-10-15 4:13 am
NASHUA, New Hampshire - Nashua is set to take up two resolutions that would allow the city to spend $4.2 million in bonds to purchase a second hydroelectric dam.
- Moody's cuts Mississippi Power credit rating after elections Updated: Nov-09-15 7:15 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A bond rating agency downgraded Mississippi Power Co.'s debt to the lowest investment-grade level, saying the election of two new members of the state Public Service Commission "increases regulatory uncertainty."
- Rates soar at weekly auction of 3-month, 6-month US bills Updated: Nov-09-15 4:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Interest rates on short-term Treasury bills soared in Monday's auction. The rate on the three-month bill reached its highest level since early 2011, while the six-month rate was the highest it's been since mid-2009.
- Menendez seeks to curb federal debt-collection calls Updated: Nov-09-15 2:53 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The messages on Linda Maiorana's answering machine were troubling, and, worse, they kept coming: several per day, for three or four days, all demanding she pay the IRS or face a lawsuit.
- Jackson, Hinds County to buy Metrocenter mall space Updated: Nov-06-15 10:03 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The city of Jackson is buying the 60,000 square feet it leases in the Metrocenter mall, and Hinds County will acquire 40,000 feet in a deal the two finalized this week.
- Pima County voters reject millions in bonds in early results Updated: Nov-04-15 1:35 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Pima County voters are so far rejecting a massive bond package that would have created a new corridor and helped improve roads.
- Tucson on verge of scrapping traffic cameras Updated: Nov-04-15 1:47 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson is on the verge of becoming the latest city to do away with red light traffic cameras.
- The Latest: Maine voters bolster clean election law Updated: Nov-03-15 11:42 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The latest on the Maine election. (All times local.)
- Maine voters pass campaign finance reform, $100M in bonds Updated: Nov-03-15 10:45 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - In a victory for advocates of clean elections, Maine will bolster public campaign finance laws weakened by a 2011 U.S. Supreme Court ruling because of voters' passage of a referendum on Tuesday.