- Global stocks rise ahead of Fed, keep wary eye on China Updated: Jul-29-15 7:31 am
TOKYO - Global stock markets rose Wednesday as Chinese shares rebounded after a record sell-off and attention turned to a Federal Reserve meeting that might give clues about the timing of a U.S. interest rate hike.
- Drugmaker Pfizer tops Street 2Q forecasts, raises forecast Updated: Jul-28-15 1:38 pm
Pfizer Inc. beat Wall Street's second-quarter expectations and raised its 2015 forecast, as soaring sales for a few key products helped inoculate the world's second-largest drugmaker against a $1 billion revenue hit from foreign exchange rates and its last wave of cheap generic competition hurting former big sellers.
- Scary headlines don't deter investors Updated: Jul-25-15 5:26 pm
NEW YORK - The U.S. economy is growing at a painfully slow pace. Greece still threatens the euro. Chinese stocks have just pulled out of a frightening free-fall. Big companies in the U.S. are struggling to boost profits.
- Japan's Nikkei pledges to respect Financial Times culture Updated: Jul-24-15 5:40 am
TOKYO - Nikkei Inc., the Japanese buyer of the Financial Times, pledged Friday to respect the culture of the London-based business daily, while also tapping its digital expertise and global reach.
- Ferrari parent company files for share listing on NYSE Updated: Jul-23-15 8:05 am
MILAN - Ferrari's parent company has filed an initial public offering to list shares of the luxury sports car brand on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Alpha Natural Resources shares being delisted from NYSE Updated: Jul-16-15 7:16 pm
NEW YORK - Coal producer Alpha Natural Resources says its shares will be delisted from the New York Stock Exchange.
- Earnings beat low expectations so far, helping lift stocks Updated: Jul-16-15 5:49 pm
NEW YORK - For U.S. investors, low expectations are paying off.
- Turning to earnings: investors hope results can lift stocks Updated: Jul-14-15 1:53 pm
NEW YORK - After fretting over a Greek bailout, a collapse in Chinese stocks and the timing of an interest rate increase, investors are hoping U.S. corporate earnings will bring more reassuring news this month.
- Madison Square Garden operator transferring stock to NYSE Updated: Jul-14-15 1:41 pm
NEW YORK - The Madison Square Garden Co. is transferring the listing of its Class A common stock to the New York Stock Exchange from the Nasdaq Global Market.
- China accuses trading firms of manipulating stocks Updated: Jul-13-15 6:10 am
BEIJING - Authorities accused securities firms of manipulating stock prices during China's market plunge and launched a crackdown Monday against unlicensed companies that financed speculative trading.
- A dramatic trading shutdown with little impact on 401(k)s Updated: Jul-09-15 5:53 pm
NEW YORK - You can read all about it on social media and newspapers, but you won't find a trace of it where it really matters: Your next 401(k) statement.
- What went wrong on the stock exchange? Updated: Jul-09-15 11:21 am
NEW YORK - A shutdown in trading at one the world's most famous exchanges raised the tension in financial markets Wednesday.
- Correction: Technology Disruptions story Updated: Jul-09-15 9:19 am
NEW YORK - In a story July 8 about technical problems at United Airlines, the New York Stock Exchange and The Wall Street Journal, The Associated Press reported erroneously that United is the biggest U.S. airline. United is the second largest behind American Airlines.
- The Latest: NYSE trading resumes after outage Updated: Jul-08-15 4:02 pm
The latest on halted trading at the New York Stock Exchange (all times Eastern):
- Experts give their take on jobs, Fed and financial markets Updated: Jul-02-15 4:31 pm
NEW YORK - If investors hoped Thursday's U.S. jobs report would give them clarity, they were probably disappointed.
- 2Q mutual fund review: Momentum stalls Updated: Jul-02-15 3:05 pm
NEW YORK - Well, that was a disappointing ending.
- Wheat, corn, soybean stocks all are up in South Dakota Updated: Jul-02-15 11:11 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Stocks of wheat, corn and soybeans all are up in South Dakota.
- Wheat, soybean stocks up in North Dakota; corn stocks down Updated: Jul-02-15 11:03 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Stocks of wheat and soybeans are up in North Dakota, but corn stocks are down.
- China's Evergrande Taobao team applies for stock listing Updated: Jul-02-15 10:00 am
HONG KONG - Chinese soccer team Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao, owned by e-commerce giant Alibaba and one of the country's biggest property developers, could become the first club listed in Asia after applying to the Chinese stock market.
- What crisis? Stronger banks, economies ease fear over Greece Updated: Jul-02-15 3:13 am
The prospect of a Greek crackup isn't so terrifying anymore.