- Stocks close out best week of the year with a small gain Updated: Oct-09-15 4:29 pm
NEW YORK - The stock market closed out its best week this year with a modest gain on Friday, helped by airlines and industrial companies.
- US experts warn plutonium stocks could soar in East Asia Updated: Oct-07-15 4:35 am
WASHINGTON - Experts warn that Northeast Asia could see a dangerous growth in stocks of weapons-usable plutonium - and U.S. lawmakers say Obama administration policies could be making matters worse.
- An ailing global economy starts to weigh on US job market Updated: Oct-02-15 4:25 pm
WASHINGTON - A sagging global economy has finally caught up with the United States.
- North Dakota wheat stocks up 3 percent from year ago Updated: Oct-02-15 2:30 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Wheat stocks in North Dakota are up 3 percent from a year ago, to 322 million bushels.
- South Dakota corn stocks up 16.5M bushels from last year Updated: Oct-01-15 9:05 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The USDA says South Dakota Sept. 1 corn stocks rose by 16.5 million bushels from last year.
- Root of investor anxiety: Uncertainty about China and Fed Updated: Sep-30-15 6:31 pm
Fears about China's slowdown and a coming U.S. interest rate hike have sent global stock markets into a fidgety freefall.
- Mutual fund trends: Give stock pickers a chance? Updated: Sep-24-15 2:17 pm
NEW YORK - Bad news keeps piling up for stock pickers, but not everyone is giving up on them.
- Hacking, China's maritime claims overshadow Xi's US visit Updated: Sep-20-15 2:31 am
BEIJING - As Chinese President Xi Jinping makes his first state visit to Washington this week, the outlook for relations is decidedly murkier than when he hosted President Barack Obama at their last summit less than a year ago.
- The Latest: Political turmoil another risk for Fed Updated: Sep-17-15 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest on the Federal Reserve's decision to keep interest rates at historic near-zero lows (all times local):
- 'Hedge funds for the masses' get a stress test Updated: Sep-10-15 6:30 pm
NEW YORK - Hedge funds aren't just for the 1 percent. The mutual-fund industry wants average investors to get into its own version of hedge funds, saying they can offer protection when the stock market is tumbling. Kind of like it has been doing the last few weeks.