- Santa Anas bring heat, fire danger to Southern California Updated: Feb-08-16 8:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - Gusty Santa Ana winds blew through mountains and valleys of Southern California again Monday, raising temperatures to levels more like summer than winter and increasing the risk of wildfires as humidity levels fell.
- Firefighters battling grass fires across central Oklahoma Updated: Feb-08-16 7:22 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Firefighters are battling wind-blown grass fires across central Oklahoma, including a fire that has forced partial closure of a busy turnpike.
- Winter storm, coastal flood warnings issued for Delaware Updated: Feb-08-16 6:55 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Winter storm and coastal flood warnings have been issued for Delaware as severe weather bears down on the mid-Atlantic region.
- Snowstorm could drop several inches of snow in New Jersey Updated: Feb-08-16 6:54 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Forecasters say another snowstorm is headed toward New Jersey.
- Winter storm could dump over a foot of snow on Cape Cod Updated: Feb-08-16 6:24 pm
BOSTON - A wind-driven winter storm brought blizzard conditions to Cape Cod and threatened to drop more than a foot of snow on southeastern Massachusetts on Monday. Motorists in New England were warned to be vigilant after a charter bus heading to a casino skidded off a Connecticut highway, injuring at least 30 people.
- 2 inches of snow possible in Alabama's northeast corner Updated: Feb-08-16 6:18 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Forecasters say as much as 2 inches of snow could fall in northeastern Alabama as wintry weather moves across the state.
- I-29 reopened after pileup involving 5 semis, 2 patrol cars Updated: Feb-08-16 6:06 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Authorities have reopened the Interstate 29 southbound lanes two miles north of Bowesmont after a 12-vehicle pileup that included five semis and two Pembina County patrol cars.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for Feb. 9 Updated: Feb-08-16 6:04 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Good Washington snowpack raises hopes of calmer fire season Updated: Feb-08-16 5:51 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Mountain snowpack came in above normal in Washington state, raising hopes the normally soggy state will not repeat last year's drought conditions that helped fuel the worst wildfire season in its history, a federal agency said Monday.
- With snow in forecast, Metro limits bus service on Tuesday Updated: Feb-08-16 5:47 pm
WASHINGTON - With snow forecast to start falling overnight, Metro says it will limit bus service to a moderate snow plan.
- More than 30 injured in Connecticut casino bus crash Updated: Feb-08-16 5:26 pm
MADISON, Connecticut - A charter bus driving through a snowstorm to a casino flipped onto its side Monday, injuring more than 30 people and closing the northbound side of Interstate 95 in Connecticut.
- The Latest: Weather forecast called for storm-force winds Updated: Feb-08-16 5:16 pm
MIAMI - The Latest on a cruise ship that was damaged in bad weather in the Atlantic Ocean (all times local):
- Cruise ship that sailed in storm headed back to home port Updated: Feb-08-16 5:10 pm
MIAMI - A Royal Caribbean cruise ship ran into high winds and rough seas in the Atlantic Ocean on Sunday, forcing frightened passengers into their cabins overnight as their belongings flew about, waves rose as high as 30 feet, and winds howled outside. The cruise line says that although no one was injured and the ship suffered only minor damage, it's turning around and sailing back to its home port in New Jersey.
- Next up: New Hampshire set to vote in nation's first primary Updated: Feb-08-16 4:29 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - It's been 100 years since New Hampshire held its first presidential primary, and it seems like some of the current candidates have been hanging around for nearly that long. More than a few started popping up a full two years before Tuesday's state election, and nearly all have spent recent months hosting town hall meetings, holding rallies and meeting voters.
- The Latest: 30 of 70 on bus that crashed in snow were hurt Updated: Feb-08-16 4:06 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on the snowstorm that's moving into the Northeast (all times local):
- Official details storm's lasting effects on dairy industry Updated: Feb-08-16 2:18 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - It could take months to tally the true costs of a winter storm that killed an untold number of livestock and derailed New Mexico's dairy industry, the state's top agriculture official warned lawmakers Monday.
- Windy, dry weather raises wildfire risk in Arkansas Updated: Feb-08-16 2:04 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Forecasters say Arkansas is at risk for wildfires Monday because of dry, windy weather.
- Hundreds of thousands celebrate Carnival in Cologne Updated: Feb-08-16 1:07 pm
COLOGNE, Germany - Hundreds of thousands of people packed the streets of Cologne for its annual Rose Monday parade, the culmination of five days of Carnival festivities that took place amid heightened security following robberies and sexual assaults in the city on New Year's Eve.
- Arborist says root rot contributed to fatal tree fall Updated: Feb-08-16 12:59 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A California arborist says the tree that fell and killed a Washington state man over the summer had root rot disease, making it more likely to fall in high winds.
- Storm Imogen lashes Britain with wind, huge waves Updated: Feb-08-16 12:22 pm
LONDON - A winter storm with hurricane-force winds and huge waves battered Britain's coastline Monday, cutting power to thousands and disrupting travel across the country.
- Officials: Plan ahead to avoid snowy rush hour gridlock Updated: Feb-08-16 10:05 am
WASHINGTON - Transportation officials are warning residents of the mid-Atlantic region to think ahead to avoid traffic jams during a snowy evening commute.
- More snow headed to western North Carolina Updated: Feb-08-16 9:57 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - More snow is probably headed to the mountains of western North Carolina this week.
- Bail hearing for man seeking new trial postponed Updated: Feb-08-16 9:53 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - A snowstorm has forced the postponement of a bail hearing for a man who was convicted of rape and spent 30 years in prison based in part on a single strand of hair.
- Roads slippery and snow-covered in Riverhead, New York Updated: Feb-08-16 9:05 am
RIVERHEAD, New York - Authorities on eastern Long Island are urging drivers to use extreme caution if they have to go out.
- The Latest: Snow could last into New Hampshire primary day Updated: Feb-08-16 8:17 am
BOSTON - The Latest on the winter storm hitting the Northeast on Monday (all times local):