- The Latest: Another Texas city orders residents to evacuate Updated: May-28-16 7:42 pm
The Latest on severe weather and flooding around the U.S. (all times local):
- Tropical Storm Bonnie ruins long weekend on Carolina beaches Updated: May-28-16 5:56 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Tropical Storm Bonnie formed Saturday afternoon off the coast of South Carolina as heavy rains from the system ruined the start of the long holiday weekend.
- 2 dead, 5 missing after heavy rains in Texas, Kansas Updated: May-28-16 5:52 pm
HOUSTON - At least two people are dead and five others are missing after this week's torrential rains in Texas and Kansas, officials said Saturday, noting that though the threat of severe weather had lessened in Texas over the long holiday weekend, the focus is now on swollen rivers and waterways that are slowly rising and could flood homes.
- The Latest: Tropical Storm Bonnie forms near the Carolinas Updated: May-28-16 4:49 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Latest on a tropical disturbance off the coast of South Carolina (all times local):
- The Latest: Child on life support after lightning strike Updated: May-28-16 4:24 pm
PARIS - The Latest on the lightning strike that struck 11 people at a park in Paris. (all times local):
- The Latest: Djokovic reaches 4th round at French Open Updated: May-28-16 3:49 pm
PARIS - The Latest on the French Open (all times local):
- Tornado hits eastern Wisconsin village, no injuries Updated: May-28-16 11:43 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - An eastern Wisconsin village is picking up the pieces after a tornado struck its downtown.
- Emergency officials prepare for hurricane season Updated: May-28-16 11:05 am
NEW ORLEANS - Emergency managers along the Louisiana-Mississippi Gulf Coast say they have their plans in place for the 2016 hurricane season which begins Wednesday.
- Napoleonville woman pleads guilty to lying to federal agent Updated: May-28-16 10:37 am
NEW ORLEANS - Federal prosecutors say a Napoleonville woman has pleaded guilty in connection with a claim filed following Hurricane Gustav.
- When visiting the White Mountains, be prepared Updated: May-28-16 8:52 am
CAMPTON, New Hampshire - As hikers and campers prepare to visit the White Mountain National Forest this year, officials are reminding them to be prepared for unpredictable weather.
- Death on Everest leads to risky effort to recover bodies Updated: May-28-16 8:20 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - The mountain is speckled with corpses.
- 153 homes in Bryan damaged by tornado Updated: May-27-16 10:44 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Latest on severe weather in the Plains and flooding in Texas following heavy rains (all times local):
- Good weather, no campfire restrictions in store for holiday Updated: May-27-16 7:14 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Calm winds, sunny skies and no campfire restrictions in national forests.
- After harrowing cave escape, operator considers safety Updated: May-27-16 5:21 pm
HORSE CAVE, Kentucky - One day after 19 people trudged through neck-deep water in a harrowing escape from a flooded Kentucky cave, the operator of the spelunking attraction says he is analyzing the incident for any possible safety lessons.
- Feds expect more Atlantic tropical storms than last 3 years Updated: May-27-16 5:12 pm
MIAMI - U.S. government forecasters expect a near-normal Atlantic hurricane season, after three relatively slow years. But they also say climate conditions that influence storm development are making it difficult to predict how many hurricanes and tropical storms will arise over the next six months.
- The Latest: Tropical storm warning issued for South Carolina Updated: May-27-16 4:56 pm
MIAMI - The Latest on U.S. government forecasters' outlook for the Atlantic hurricane season (all times local):
- The Latest: Park opening delayed due to snow Updated: May-27-16 4:23 pm
DENVER - The Latest on severe weather in Colorado (all times local):
- Gull Lake Rec Area reopens 10 months after 2015 storm Updated: May-27-16 10:58 am
BEMIDJI, Minnesota - The Gull Lake Dam and Recreation Area in northern Minnesota is reopening to the public for the first time since it was damaged in a summer storm that swept the Brainerd Lakes area 10 months ago.
- After Kansas tornado, residents "lucky to be alive." Updated: May-27-16 9:57 am
CHAPMAN, Kansas - Residents in northern Kansas have been cleaning up the damage from an EF4 tornado that ripped through the rural area this week.
- Vermont City Marathon organizers plan for extreme heat Updated: May-27-16 12:41 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Organizers of the 28th Vermont City Marathon are taking measures to prepare for extreme temperatures during the weekend race in Burlington.
- California to dismiss $1.4M fine against irrigation district Updated: May-26-16 10:38 pm
FRESNO, California - Water regulators Thursday recommend dismissing a historic $1.4 million fine issued at the height of California's drought last summer against a group of Central Valley farmers accused of taking river water that didn't belong to them.
- Feds: 2016 hurricane season in Pacific will be about average Updated: May-26-16 7:28 pm
HONOLULU - After a record-setting hurricane season fueled by a strong El Nino in 2015, federal forecasters said Thursday the 2016 central Pacific hurricane season will likely be only slightly above average as La Nina conditions take over.
- Feds say 2016 hurricane season in Pacific will be average Updated: May-26-16 5:46 pm
HONOLULU - After a record-setting hurricane season fueled by El Nino in 2015, federal forecasters say the 2016 Pacific hurricane season will likely be only slightly above average as La Nina conditions take over.
- Assistance approved for 5 Oklahoma counties hit by storms Updated: May-26-16 5:15 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Federal disaster assistance has been approved for five Oklahoma counties hit by severe storms, tornadoes and flooding earlier this month.
- Flash flooding, tornado warnings for southeast Nebraska Updated: May-26-16 5:03 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The National Weather Service has issued flash flooding and tornado warnings in southeastern Nebraska.