- Chicago cab driver group calls for 24-hour strike over Uber Updated: Oct-08-15 1:38 pm
CHICAGO - One of Chicago's taxi associations has called for a 24-hour strike Thursday to protest Mayor Rahm Emanuel's 2016 budget proposal.
- Stinky Paris: Garbage collectors strike over pay, cost cuts Updated: Oct-08-15 6:46 am
PARIS - As trash piled up on Paris streets because of a garbage collectors' strike, workers occupied a city building Thursday amid frustration over spending cuts across the French economy.
- Blue Jays' last postseason appearance was in a different era Updated: Oct-08-15 4:00 am
It may not have been obvious at the time, but when Joe Carter's home run sailed over the wall to win the 1993 World Series for Toronto, a distinct era in baseball history came to an end.
- Fiat Chrysler avoids strike with new tentative contract Updated: Oct-08-15 2:21 am
DETROIT - Fiat Chrysler has avoided an expensive strike at its U.S. plants after reaching a tentative labor agreement with the United Auto Workers union.
- Fiat Chrysler, UAW still bargaining as strike threat looms Updated: Oct-07-15 5:32 pm
DETROIT - The threat of a strike is looming as Fiat Chrysler and the United Auto Workers continue negotiating a new contract.
- Pantex workers end strike, ratify contract Updated: Oct-05-15 3:35 pm
AMARILLO, Texas - The workers union at the Pantex nuclear weapons plant near Amarillo has voted to ratify their contact, ending a strike that has lasted more than a month.
- FairPoint unemployment benefit decision is reversed Updated: Oct-02-15 5:28 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The chairwoman of Maine's Unemployment Insurance Commission has reversed a decision to award unemployment benefits to workers who went on strike against FairPoint Communications, drawing an angry response from two unions on Friday.
- East St. Louis students fed during teachers strike Updated: Oct-02-15 7:43 am
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - Schools officials say East St. Louis students will still be transported to their schools to be fed while teachers are on strike.
- Union vote opens door for Phoenix transit strike Updated: Oct-01-15 1:57 pm
PHOENIX - Unionized bus drivers are considering a strike as they review a final contract offer.
- Workers at federal training center in Artesia break strike Updated: Sep-30-15 4:45 am
ARTESIA, New Mexico - After three months of picketing, service workers at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia have voted to end their strike.
- United Auto Workers threaten strike at Missouri Ford factory Updated: Sep-29-15 6:58 pm
DETROIT - The United Auto Workers union is threatening to strike next week at a key Ford assembly plant in a dispute over local contract negotiations.
- Scranton teacher's strike expected to continue Updated: Sep-29-15 3:11 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - A teacher's strike in a northeastern Pennsylvania school district is expected to continue.
- Kelso teachers union, district reach deal; school to resume Updated: Sep-28-15 5:23 am
KELSO, Washington - Classes in the Kelso School District are set to resume with a two-hour late start Monday after the teachers union and the district reached a tentative contract agreement.
- Wenatchee teachers probably won't be going on strike Updated: Sep-25-15 6:22 pm
WENATCHEE, Washington - Wenatchee teachers probably won't be the latest group to go on strike. The teachers union and the school district have reached a tentative agreement they will vote on Saturday.
- Strike begins at Philadelphia TV station ahead of pope visit Updated: Sep-25-15 1:06 am
PHILADELPHIA - Camera operators and photographers are among the union members who've gone on strike at a Philadelphia television station just days before one of the year's biggest news events, Pope Francis' visit.
- Striking central Pa. teachers agree to return to classrooms Updated: Sep-23-15 6:29 pm
SHAMOKIN, Pennsylvania - A teachers' strike in central Pennsylvania is ending after the union and school district agreed to resolve the work stoppage by 182 teachers.
- Teachers approve deal, end strike at Rock Valley College Updated: Sep-22-15 8:54 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Teachers at a Rockford community college have voted to accept a new contract, ending a four-day strike.
- Kelso teachers vote to defy court order to go back to school Updated: Sep-21-15 10:44 am
KELSO, Washington - Striking teachers in Kelso have voted to defy a court order telling them to go back to school.
- Old Forge teachers, without contract for 6 years, on strike Updated: Sep-21-15 7:19 am
OLD FORGE, Pennsylvania - Teachers in one northeastern Pennsylvania school district are striking again after six years without a contract.
- Seattle teachers approve labor contract, vote to end strike Updated: Sep-20-15 10:40 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle teachers approved a labor contract between the union and its school district Sunday, officially ending a weeklong strike that had delayed the start of school for 53,000 students.
- Nationwide strike brings parts of Finland to a halt Updated: Sep-18-15 9:24 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A one-day strike in Finland halted public transportation and shut down ports nationwide on Friday as workers protested against government cutbacks aimed at trying to drag the Nordic country out of a three-year economic downturn.
- Sides reach deal to end 42-day bus strike in Tucson, Arizona Updated: Sep-16-15 10:37 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The transit bus system in Tucson and a union representing hundreds of workers reached a new contract agreement Wednesday to end a 42-day strike.
- Teachers go on strike in suburban Chicago school district Updated: Sep-16-15 8:10 am
PROSPECT HEIGHTS, Illinois - Teachers in a suburban Chicago school district have gone on strike, closing schools in the district of roughly 1,500 students.
- The Latest: Seattle teachers union panel votes to end strike Updated: Sep-15-15 9:15 pm
SEATTLE - The latest on the strike by public-school teachers in Seattle (all times local):
- Chile: Airport strike grounds departing flights Updated: Sep-15-15 2:55 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - A 24-hour strike by civil aviation workers in Chile grounded dozens of departing flights and affected thousands of passengers, officials said on Tuesday.