- Wetland to replace Asheville tobacco warehouse Updated: May-24-16 5:30 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Asheville officials say they will use part of a $50 million city infrastructure project in the River Arts District to replace a tobacco barn with a constructed wetland.
- Delta island owner faces $4.6M fine by state water agency Updated: May-18-16 12:03 am
POINT BUCKLER, California - A state water agency on Tuesday proposed a Northern California man pay $4.6 million in fines and restore wetlands he allegedly damaged while trying to build a kite-surfing hub and revive a duck hunting club in a small island northeast of San Francisco.
- Redesign for Steigerwald Lake National Wildlife Refuge Updated: May-15-16 3:05 am
WASHOUGAL, Washington - For the past 29 years, Steigerwald Lake National Wildlife Refuge has provided some much-needed respite for migratory waterfowl and concrete-fatigued urbanites alike, but things at the site are far from perfect.
- Agencies flooding restored wetland west of Bend Updated: May-11-16 10:17 am
BEND, Oregon - Federal agencies have started filling an open, grassy area near Dillon Falls like a bathtub.
- Newest mitigation bank certified in southwest Washington Updated: May-06-16 1:34 pm
KELSO, Washington - The state's newest program intended to offset development impacts to wetlands and fish habitat has been certified to operate in southwest Washington.
- Alaska company seeks ruling that permafrost can't be wetland Updated: May-04-16 6:17 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Alaska business has sued the Army Corps of Engineers, seeking a ruling that permanently frozen ground cannot be regulated as wetland.
- Nature preserve getting more trees during Arbor Day event Updated: Apr-27-16 9:42 am
SUMPTER TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Dozens of students plan to plant trees for Arbor Day as part of efforts to improve a 1,000-acre nature preserve near Detroit Metropolitan Airport.