- Recycling program aims to repurpose Virginia oyster shells Updated: Nov-23-15 7:59 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Taking a page from the recycling industry, collection sites in Newport News, Hampton and Williamsburg are taking in empty oyster shells to help rebuild oyster habitat in the Chesapeake Bay.
- Estuary program to update comprehensive plan Updated: Nov-06-15 8:06 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Barataria-Terrebonne National Estuary Program and its partners will spend the next year updating the document that outlines how the program promotes and preserves local estuaries.
- Conservation group sues to stop commercial salmon farms Updated: Nov-04-15 6:41 pm
SEATTLE - The Wild Fish Conservancy filed a lawsuit Wednesday against federal environmental and fisheries managers for allowing commercial salmon farms in Puget Sound.
- Report: Narragansett Bay's health improving Updated: Nov-02-15 12:16 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Environmental groups say Narragansett Bay and its watershed are getting healthier, but big challenges still remain in urban areas around New England's largest estuary.
- US to clean 1 of Puerto Rico's worst polluted waterways Updated: Oct-30-15 2:37 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The United States pledged Friday to help clean one of Puerto Rico's most polluted waterways in a move to end a 15-year struggle by the U.S. territory to eliminate raw sewage and mounds of garbage from a community where thousands of people live.
- $2.2M in grants from New York along Hudson River estuary Updated: Oct-30-15 3:01 am
ALBANY, New York - New York state officials say $2.2 million in competitive grants are available to help Hudson River communities.