- Chesapeake Bay Foundation sues Va. over livestock rules Updated: Jun-29-15 5:00 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is suing Virginia water protection officials to require large livestock operations to fence off rivers and streams from their animals.
- Recovery efforts resume Friday for 9 killed in Alaska crash Updated: Jun-26-15 8:11 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska emergency crews will attempt Friday to recover the remains of eight cruise ship passengers and a pilot who were killed when their sightseeing plane crashed in a remote and rugged area of southeastern Alaska.
- Conservation groups seek increased shoreline protections Updated: Jun-24-15 5:17 pm
SEATTLE - Three conservation groups on Wednesday petitioned the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to change how it regulates seawalls, bulkheads or other barriers to increase habitat protections along Puget Sound shorelines.
- The Latest: Leaders on course for final round of US Open Updated: Jun-21-15 6:05 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - The latest from the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Court refuses to halt construction on new gas plant Updated: Jun-17-15 2:37 pm
BALTIMORE - A federal court has refused to halt construction of a liquefied natural gas export facility in southern Maryland while it weighs a legal challenge to the project's approval.
- Opponents of new gas plant ask court to halt construction Updated: Jun-02-15 3:42 pm
BALTIMORE - Opponents of a liquefied natural gas export facility in Calvert County are asking a federal court to halt construction until it can hear their appeal of the project's approval.